Author Topic: Working on Code... Blog on Hold  (Read 7217 times)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
+5%   A stable wallet is the foundation of everything. We don't expect a APPLE quality software, but at least a stable one.

EVERYTHING else is on hold until we have a user-friendly wallet. This should be the big push.

BTS must be positioned to catch the next upswing... basic BTC/USD -> BTS gateways and a functional/easy wallet are critical.

Say 2-3 months tops.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
+5%   A stable wallet is the foundation of everything. We don't expect a APPLE quality software, but at least a stable one.

EVERYTHING else is on hold until we have a user-friendly wallet. This should be the big push.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Good point.

But that's all the more reason to have the series ready to go for the new wallet(s).

Presumably much of the use case theory could be written up now with the step-by-step instructions to follow.

Even doing the planning/outlining of such a series is something that could be started now.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline cgafeng

+5%
This is what we need.
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline Thom

+5% +5%

Throw me some topic , maybe I can write something for you  ?

I think it would be great to have a series of articles on BitShares Use Cases.

"Adventures in Trading" or something like that.   Get people over the intimidation factor by giving them things to try.  Maybe even tie it in with a 5 minute Mad Max session on BitShares.TV or a screen-view tutorial.

This would include little discussions on elementary trading strategies for newbies.

Something like that?

Woops, premature click.

When the client is about to change quite dramatically it seems like a wasted effort to put much effort into illustrating use cases that involve the use of the client; they will soon be obsolete.

I went down that road as I tried to write about "using BitShares as an interest bearing bank account" and decided it was too confusing to treat futures trading as a deposit. I am assured that this will be much easier in the next version of the wallet.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:30:28 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
+5% +5%

Throw me some topic , maybe I can write something for you  ?

I think it would be great to have a series of articles on BitShares Use Cases.

"Adventures in Trading" or something like that.   Get people over the intimidation factor by giving them things to try.  Maybe even tie it in with a 5 minute Mad Max session on BitShares.TV or a screen-view tutorial.

This would include little discussions on elementary trading strategies for newbies.

Something like that?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
 The blog is very good but +5% +5%

Offline Thom

+5%
You cranked out a ton of content in the 1 man month you've been at it and it will not be a wasted effort by any means.

But I believe the decision to return to coding is wise and is what your focus should be, especially now. Stay focused on wrapping up the toolkit issues and eliminating the frustrations in the wallet UX. IMO that means considerably different UX designs on the light and full wallets: light to be optimized to simplify BitUSD trades (model simplicity of bank deposit / withdrawal not futures trading on an exchange) and full to provide all the bells & whistles of an exchange.

I myself won't be an early adopter of the light wallet, so for people like me I would like to see a simpler BitAsset interface like the light wallet will have. But if that should be problematic make choices that favor the full exchange functionality.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
oh, no  :-X :-X :-X

I need you to "crazy idea" assists  :P :P :P
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
+5

It will take a while for your followers to read all your posts and fully analyze/understand them  :D

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
+1
Good hint by Toast on reddit.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7