Author Topic: Invictus website re-design: current status?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline super3

• View Profile
PAY THE BOUNTY PLS
Sure. Send me your BTC address via PM again. I'll take care of that now.

Offline jan

• View Profile
PAY THE BOUNTY PLS

... you write here but a short repsonse on PM isn't possible over the last 3 days!?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:44:14 pm by jan »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline super3

• View Profile
Building protoshares.net right now. Should be officially released in a few days.
The invictus website will be next.

Why does the protoshares.net have higher priority??? The release of Keyhotee is coming, Invictus website should go first.

Don't take it personal, but the current protoshares.net looks like an alt coin site, lacking of the core content and spirit of ProtoShares. About the design...it is really hard for me to say I like it.
I don't disagree with you one bit. The current protoshares website is better than what we had before which is nothing. I only have to spend another hour or two and just release it. If you have problems with the content or with anything here is the full repo:

https://github.com/super3/protoshares.net

You are welcome to put in pull requests at any time. They will be automatically updated in the site.

As for the Invictus site that is next. As in I'll start writing code for that in the next 48 hours.  Lets split off and figure out the timeline in other topic. Now that the conference is over I want to hear what you have to say.

Offline jan

• View Profile
Building protoshares.net right now. Should be officially released in a few days.

Why does the protoshares.net have higher priority??? The release of Keyhotee is coming, Invictus website should go first.

Don't take it personal, but the current protoshares.net looks like an alt coin site, lacking of the core content and spirit of ProtoShares. About the design...it is really hard for me to say I like it.

+1 i am absolutely with you - is there a milestone list or anything like this public? 1# priority should be 3i website and keyhotee logo and splash screen ... we need to go more professional ... i don't think this process is very transparent at this moment .. but it should do

« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:14:43 pm by jan »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star - F. Nietzsche

Offline que23

• View Profile
Great looking website.  :D

But Invictus isn't working on ProtoShares. I really think we need to sell the whole BitShare ecosystem and get people excited about the future. We should first show people the value of the system. Then, we should ask people to get involved and help make the project great. Then, we can also show them how to get a financial stake in the future of the Bitshare ecosystem. Invictus has already been funded. So it's not really the case that buying in will help the project. Buying protoshare will give you a financial stake in Invictus's future, but the point of that is to motivate you to get involved and build cool websites like this one.

The website is great. I just think we need to think about our approach.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline wasthatawolf

Thanks for the response, protoshares.net looks great!

A few suggestions...

- Mention bitcoin when defining a DAC.  A majority of people will find there way to your site because of bitcoin, so it would make sense to draw comparisons between bitcoin and DACs and between bitcoin and Protoshares. 

- Mention that Protoshares are open source.

- Instead of mentioning the market cap size of $25 million (this is somewhat misleading because it varies greatly with the fluctuations in bitcoin price) you could mention that it is actively traded for bitcoin on several exchanges with an average market cap dollar equivalent of X in the first month. 

- Add a section on how to acquire Protoshares with a brief summary of CPU mining (again compare to bitcoin for frame of reference) and also links to exchanges where Protoshares are traded

All in all, I think it looks very professional.  Keep up the good work!

Offline pvaladares

• View Profile
PTS : PkbJAm9uxuGgC9n2NVwWYs8bvX3Mj8uAg3 | MMC : M91vp33SSVBG7N3X9CbrgMcwSBxTDQeDAb
BTC : 1CrAkkYZrVCnwDKSBw3bcnMSYMakEhfB6N
Trade BTC/PTS @ cryptsy.com

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Looks really great man, very professional and clean.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline super3

• View Profile

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Have you checked out http://protoshares.net/? It's a bit easier on the eyes and provides some useful links.

Offline wasthatawolf

Hey guys, I was curious where you stand on updating the current website. 

Do you have any idea when you will start rolling out the new, more aesthetically pleasing site?

I read through the website bounty thread and the samples posted there looked great.  I like to point friends to your site to show them the type of innovation your company is working on in the bitcoin space.  While your site content is excellent, the presentation is somewhat lacking (as you've already identified, hence the bounty for a new website design) so I've hesitated to point anyone to the site that's already somewhat skeptical because first impressions are important.

Just want to get an idea of a release date so I can start directing people back to your site without having to explain that websites designed by programmers aren't always the most pleasing to the eye.

Thanks!  Keep up the great work!

(I apologize if this is covered in another thread and I missed it)