Author Topic: BitShares 0.5.0 Feedback  (Read 14441 times)

Offline valzav

• View Profile
I cant register new accounts from the gui using the faucet , but even not using my own funds!
I managed to do that only from the cli or the gui's command console....

PS something else was that it show's that the faucet funds are at zero.... so I donated 100 BTS but I never have seen that funds when I refreshed the faucet's homepage....  :(

Account registration with your own funds was fixed in 0.5.1, did you try it?
Faucet's Bitshares client was down yesterday - this is why you've seen 0 balance, nonetheless thank you for the donation.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I cant register new accounts from the gui using the faucet , but even not using my own funds!
I managed to do that only from the cli or the gui's command console....

PS something else was that it show's that the faucet funds are at zero.... so I donated 100 BTS but I never have seen that funds when I refreshed the faucet's homepage....  :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:30:52 pm by liondani »

clout

I can't cancel my my orders on the bitUSD/bitGOLD market. I get this error:

Code: [Select]
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
cur_record->condition.slate_id == 0:
    {}

Offline yankey

• View Profile
Workable GUI is needed urgently.

I also have to use bitshares_client.exe and keep typing "blockchain_get_blockcount" like a moron (or up+enter)... inching forward from 1502318 and it is painful and embarrassing.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Try to run the Windows bitshares console under \Program Files\BitSharesX\bin\bitshares_client.exe its syncing the blocks consistently compare to GUI, once synced then you can open the GUI.

Thanks.

Offline joele

• View Profile
Just wasted 8 hours trying to sync 0.5.1 wallet and it stuck at 30+ days left with a memory leak. After forced restart i wasn't able to login and had to reset database.

0.5.1 at least allowed to login and see the status of synchronization, it was cool as i was willing to wait. But after the crash i won't try to use it again. Back to 0.5.0

Try to run the Windows bitshares console under \Program Files\BitSharesX\bin\bitshares_client.exe its syncing the blocks consistently compare to GUI, once synced then you can open the GUI.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
Just wasted 8 hours trying to sync 0.5.1 wallet and it stuck at 30+ days left with a memory leak. After forced restart i wasn't able to login and had to reset database.

0.5.1 at least allowed to login and see the status of synchronization, it was cool as i was willing to wait. But after the crash i won't try to use it again. Back to 0.5.0

Offline bennyliaa

• View Profile
Loading blockchain from: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\BitS
n
Loading config from file: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Bit
fig.json
Initializing genesis state from built-in genesis file
Please be patient, this will take a few minutes...
Successfully re-indexed 0 blocks in 0 seconds.
Blockchain size changed from 0MiB to 0MiB.
Not starting RPC server, use --server to enable the RPC interface
Attempting to map P2P port 62098 with UPNP...
UPnP: ExternalIPAddress = 192.168.1.100
UPnP Port Mapping successful
Listening for P2P connections on port 62098
Adding peer 178.62.50.61:1777 to peer database
Adding peer 5.101.106.138:1777 to peer database
Adding peer 95.85.33.16:8764 to peer database
Adding peer 5.101.106.138:1778 to peer database
Adding peer 5.101.106.138:1776 to peer database
My Personal BTS Account: stephen

Offline bennyliaa

• View Profile
Client 0.5.1, bolcked on about 3 days ago and can not go achead syning the blocks. The network connections more that 10 sometimes. The netword very unstatable.
My Personal BTS Account: stephen

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Light client is looking really good.

How do I run light client?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline mint chocolate chip

The X needs to be removed from installer.

During the installation process, I have seen it say BitSharesX.

Offline bytemaster

Light client is looking really good. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
+5%    Yeah, it's a great project with a lot of promise.  The ride has been.... interesting.... lol.  I think the whole ecosystem is organizing itself, however.  Bitshares' protocol is complex, so I can't blame the devs for it being hard to run on laptops.  I just hope that a stable light client comes out before the complexity becomes completely prohibitive to everyday users.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
The user experience is still a little jarring.  The program feels "heavy" to use because of all the resource usage. I don't think it's necessarily bad, as long as it's stable.

It gives the program an air of mystery, like "what's it doing in there?".

I'm assuming that there is no way to cut down on resource usage? If it can be done, it should, because currently it represents a barrier to entry for users who are running their lives on the lean side so to speak.  Bitshares should be inclusive to people of all economic standing in my opinion.

Exactly my thought too. I haven't had access to my BTS in months because previous wallet updates made it too difficult on my mid-range laptop to just sync the block chain without crashing. So now have to wait to buy a new laptop or use a friends, tho high spec laptops are not that common really. God help anyone in sub Saharan Africa get involved with bitshares or any other crypto coin for that matter. These desktop wallets are putting everyone off from joining, waiting hours or days to sync block chains is torture, I hope someone invents a new alternative to the whole thing. Despite this I'm still ultra bullish on bitshares for long-term haha
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Fix insufficient feeds error on BitAsset/non-base asset markets
seems still not work?

Which markets? They might need a new order to activate: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1285
works now, thanks!!  :)

Offline vikram

seems still not work?

Which markets? They might need a new order to activate: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1285

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
seems still not work?

Offline Chronos

I downloaded the GUI-less .tar by mistake. Couldn't get a UI, and finally ran it in a terminal before I realized what was wrong. Might want to make that a little clearer.  :P

gabes

Crossposting: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13427.0
I am experiencing a nasty bug. It affected me also on 0.4.27.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
What kind of processor do you have and how many gigabyte ram?
win8.1, 16Gb, 3.3Hhz, i3-3220
I guess that's a bit slow. Its using 30% CPU while syncing.

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
win8.1, 16Gb, 3.3Hhz, i3-3220

38PTSWarrior

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
0.5.0 wallet seems to be taking a little longer than expected to sync - its thinking hard: "last block was synced 25d... ago"
- ? any tips, its been an hour so far, just wandering if I need to try anything else at this stage or should I leave it running for longer.
- should I reset the peer list perhaps?

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I had 4.7.2 and it had been working ok.  I ran 5.0 and it gave me that prompt about resetting the database.  Not sure if I didn't exit cleanly last time or what, but I ignored the reset request.  So it quit out ...  Now when I restart it I get the splash screen with reindexing at bottom, it dies and gives a dialog that says 10001. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Is the angular stuff all minified and closure compiled? That would help
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
The user experience is still a little jarring.  The program feels "heavy" to use because of all the resource usage. I don't think it's necessarily bad, as long as it's stable.

It gives the program an air of mystery, like "what's it doing in there?".

I'm assuming that there is no way to cut down on resource usage? If it can be done, it should, because currently it represents a barrier to entry for users who are running their lives on the lean side so to speak.  Bitshares should be inclusive to people of all economic standing in my opinion.

but, what is it doing with all that memory and cpu?

38PTSWarrior

2 x Intel Atom  CPU Z520
2057 mb ram
Ubuntu 14.10

bitshares_client runs for 20 minutes and will then crash (not enough ram). The good thing is that with this version, the blocks will start downloading from the point where it crashed. I didn*t built the GUI this time. Waiting for new computer or mobile wallet. Thanks anyway developers for all your work.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It would be great on major updates that we have visual updates too...
Better design on client, easier to navigate etc... because the average user things that nothing has changed...
@cass did some awesome work on a new client interface .. issue is developer time .. most devs have to focus on other things atm ..
stability is more important imho

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
It would be great on major updates that we have visual updates too...
Better design on client, easier to navigate etc... because the average user things that nothing has changed...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I can't trade bitGOLD for bitUSD. There are insufficient feeds...?
you need to wait for the next hardfork #1575500 (approximately 2015-01-20 16:30 UTC)

clout

I can't trade bitGOLD for bitUSD. There are insufficient feeds...?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
wallet_delegate_withdraw_pay <delegate_name> <to_account_name> <amount_to_withdraw>

What about the bter memo?

First withdraw the delegate pay, then transfer it.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
wallet_delegate_withdraw_pay <delegate_name> <to_account_name> <amount_to_withdraw>

What about the bter memo?

Edit:
ITS DONE!

7 hours after downloading.

Thanks toast + those who helped. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:29:08 pm by matt608 »

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile

This is getting urgent as I have a freelancer to pay for her translation work and I need to access my funds right now. 

If it's urgent you can use the command line

Ok, I need to transfer 24k BTS to bter.  How do I do that?

wallet_transfer 24000 BTS matt-account btercom "memo message from bter deposit page"

test with a small amount first like always

How to do it from the accumulated delegate pay?  It worked for a small test transaction because I have 900 BTS in my normal balance on my delegate account but for the 24k BTS doing that command gives an "insufficient funds" message even though there are 70k BTS saved up from delegate pay.

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
where does one procure the Bitshares_client?   I need something that will work.

Offline vlight

• View Profile

This is getting urgent as I have a freelancer to pay for her translation work and I need to access my funds right now. 

Can't you just use the older wallet?

Which one?  I've not had a useable wallet for at least a month.

Yea, i missed your post where you said you already used the older 0.4.27.1 wallet. Sorry.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
It now says that its synced but typing in the console does nothing.

Update
Whole wallet screen went completely white, then froze and had to force quit.  Now its back to syncing, "last block was synced 2s ago" and stuck.

Update:  managed to send a small test transaction via command line before it starting syncing again and got stuck. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:36:53 pm by matt608 »

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Which one?  I've not had a useable wallet for at least a month.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:10:56 pm by matt608 »

Offline vlight

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile

wallet_transfer 24000 BTS matt-account btercom "memo message from bter deposit page"

Ok.. i'll try.  At the moment getting "last block was synced 12s ago", for the last 20 mins, tryping commands into the console and pressing enter does nothing.

Offline toast

• View Profile

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline matt608

• View Profile

iHashFury

Ubuntu x32 cli has the following build error but still runs stable.

make[2]: *** [tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/multest.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

zerosum

win7 / 32 bit

Installed over 0.27.1...started with error that apparently destroyed the previous database.

Downloading the chain again... taxing my CPU at 25-60%, 1086 MB of memory [and growing] and spinning my hard drive like there is no tomorrow...

137 days left....will report in a week or so with updates... or not if my laptop explodes and gets on fire....

{EDIT}

Extinguished all the flames coming out of the device...
Copied the last available good database in the app/whatever/ folder...

Not very supportive version it seams...insists on downloading the whole chain...

{Edit2}
With the fire-extinguisher in my hand patiently waiting for the process to end... occasionally putting down a flame or two :)
Just 172 days to go...

Here is an update...

As I said above the bitshares.exe did not like my old chain so it destroyed it and started re-downloading the chain...
6-7 hours later it was at 29 days left and about 6500 MB  memory consumption...decided to restart the client as it helped memory-wise in the previous version.[0.4.27.1 in my case]
After a while the memory needs of bitshares.exe  went up to 6800 MB which totally slowed down and after that froze my 8 GB win 7/32 bit machine...

bitshares_client.exe  worked like a charm... replayed the blockchain with ~600 MB memory and  now bitshares.exe is running decently...

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I just left it for 2 hours and the blockchain synced.  it just keep going in jumps saying it was stuck for 10 mins or so, then updated and then another half an hour for 'wallet transaction scanning. 

I still can't send funds though.  In my personal account and delegate account, if I try to make a transaction and click "send" nothing happens.  Where I type in the amount there is "symbol not set", I can't click that either.

I'm also getting unknown account errors at the top right by the bell.

Probably this is related to transaction scanning or blockchain synchronization. You can try to reload gui right clicking any element and selecting Reload.
Also could you post some of the error message if there are any in the top right part of the window and the flag icon?

Thanks for the reply, I tried the reloading GUI like you suggest but didn't fix it.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
I just left it for 2 hours and the blockchain synced.  it just keep going in jumps saying it was stuck for 10 mins or so, then updated and then another half an hour for 'wallet transaction scanning. 

I still can't send funds though.  In my personal account and delegate account, if I try to make a transaction and click "send" nothing happens.  Where I type in the amount there is "symbol not set", I can't click that either.

Probably this is related to transaction scanning or blockchain synchronization. You can try to reload gui right clicking any element and selecting Reload.
Also could you post some of the error message if there are any in the top right part of the window and the flag icon?

Offline matt608

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:11:48 pm by matt608 »

Offline CalabiYau

This time my report is different from previous launches:

2 x Delegate machine Ubuntu server  &  WIN/7 - 64

Block syncing, re-indexing - no issues, everything running fine on first attempt !

Good job ! 

Thank you  :) :) :)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
matt, try to wait a bit and then do getinfo again, see if the block count has increased. I get the issues you describe as well, but it's because my laptop is shit. When I use a better computer it seems to run well even during sync. Once the sync is finally done the wallet runs fine, even on my shitty laptop.

Unfortunately it's likely that the full node will never be able to run/sync better on older machines :(

Offline matt608

• View Profile
It's no different for me than 0.4.27.1.  Doesn't sync, keeps freezing.  if I click away from the startup screen it disappears and I have to force quit and restart.  Heres the get info.  How do I tell if I'm on a fork?

>> get_info

{
  "blockchain_head_block_num": 17286,
  "blockchain_head_block_age": "26 weeks old",
  "blockchain_head_block_timestamp": "2014-07-21T05:31:40",
  "blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "0.01 %",
  "blockchain_confirmation_requirement": 1,
  "blockchain_share_supply": "2,499,002,383.94073 BTS",
  "blockchain_blocks_left_in_round": 86,
  "blockchain_next_round_time": "at least 14 minutes in the future",
  "blockchain_next_round_timestamp": "2015-01-15T17:37:30",
  "blockchain_random_seed": "97b71007dc5a94b03e6a0b0c253ef3726d23c471",
  "client_data_dir": "/Users/matt/Library/Application Support/BitShares",
  "client_version": "v0.5.0",
  "network_num_connections": 8,
  "network_num_connections_max": 200,
  "network_chain_downloader_running": false,
  "network_chain_downloader_blocks_remaining": null,
  "ntp_time": "2015-01-15T17:23:19",
  "ntp_time_error": -0.026610000000000002,
  "wallet_open": true,
  "wallet_unlocked": true,
  "wallet_unlocked_until": "12 days in the future",
  "wallet_unlocked_until_timestamp": "2015-01-27T07:09:45",
  "wallet_last_scanned_block_timestamp": null,
  "wallet_scan_progress": "0.00 %",
  "wallet_block_production_enabled": false,
  "wallet_next_block_production_time": null,
  "wallet_next_block_production_timestamp": null
}

Offline bytemaster

It started downloading the whole chain from scratch for me rather than just re-indexing.   Looking into the reason.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

iHashFury

Archlinux x32 cli has the following build error but still runs stable.

tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/multest.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/multest.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2424: recipe for target 'tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/all' failed
Makefile:76: recipe for target 'all' failed

Archlinux x64 gui built with no errors and runs stable.
ArchLinux here too .. have you update the submodules? git submodule update?
GCC or clang?

Running linux-lts (x32 cli) kernel GCC with everything up-dated
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:26:02 pm by iHashFury »

Offline vlight

• View Profile
Able to login at "Last block was synced 47d..."

The same issue was in previous versions.

Offline joele

• View Profile
The bitshares_client.exe under \BitSharesX\bin\ is syncing the blocks properly compare to GUI, once synced then you can open the GUI

Offline vlight

• View Profile
First launch and i have to wait looking at the loading screen where there is a message "Connecting to Bitshares network". So, if i was a newbie who opened  it the very first time i would have no clue what the heck is going on.

Should i wait or should i close the wallet? Is it stuck, or it is doing something it is supposed?

This so confusing and not user friendly.
I guess it's redindexing which depending on your spec might take some time .. several minutes at least
No, it's still downloading the blockchain.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
First launch and i have to wait looking at the loading screen where there is a message "Connecting to Bitshares network". So, if i was a newbie who opened  it the very first time i would have no clue what the heck is going on.

Should i wait or should i close the wallet? Is it stuck, or it is doing something it is supposed?

I guess it's redindexing which depending on your spec might take some time .. several minutes at least

Offline vlight

• View Profile

Just posting my impression.

System: Windows 7 64 bit
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:12:16 pm by vlight »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/multest.cpp.o' failed
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2424: recipe for target 'tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/all' failed

ArchLinux here too .. have you update the submodules? git submodule update?
GCC or clang?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
let me know when i can update download .org section thx …
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

iHashFury

Offline Rune

• View Profile
so far it looks like the same problems as the last release.  I can't get synced enough to broadcast.  the chain stalled out at 45 days left. over 2 gig memory usage.  high cpu consumption.  can't quit the program without a crash.  program unexpectedly quits without any messages.  various elements of the GUI freeze while others still work.

Try to go into the console and type 'getinfo'. The blockchain could still be syncing in the background even though the GUI shows you've frozen. If getinfo also shows you stuck on the same particular block, then you're probably on a fork and have to delete everything except your wallet folder in your appdata/roaming/bitshares folder (after back up!!), and then save and put in checkpoints.json from http://www.riverhead.org/checkpoints.json

If your computer is old you just have to wait a long time. You can check which block you're on with getinfo. After a couple of hours it should be synced and then the wallet will calm down and can run without destroying your computer.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Upgrading delegates:

Machine 1:
 - no issues
Loading blockchain from: /home/delegate/.BitShares/chain
Loading config from file: /home/delegate/.BitShares/config.json
Using built-in blockchain checkpoints
Tracking Statistics: true
Initializing state from built-in genesis file
Please be patient, this will take several minutes...
Successfully replayed 1529123 blocks in 2841 seconds.                         
Blockchain size changed from 609MiB to 606MiB.

Machine 2:
 - no issues
Loading blockchain from: /home/coin/.BitShares/chain
Loading config from file: /home/coin/.BitShares/config.json
Successfully replayed 1529121 blocks in 4721 seconds.                         
Blockchain size changed from 608MiB to 610MiB.

Machine 3:
 - all fine
Loading blockchain from: /home/delegate/.BitShares/chain
Loading config from file: /home/delegate/.BitShares/config.json
Successfully replayed 1530075 blocks in 4671 seconds.
Blockchain size changed from 609MiB to 607MiB.
Starting JSON RPC server on port 9988
Starting HTTP JSON RPC server on port 19988
Attempting to map P2P port 0 with UPNP...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:42:50 pm by xeroc »

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
This is probably due to a delegate(s) running multiple instances.
Let us identify them and tell them once and for all that this update strategy HARMS the network .. it's a no-go!

Look at the forks...
What I see from a glance is delegateX.Xeldal .

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Let us identify them and tell them once and for all that this update strategy HARMS the network .. it's a no-go!

Offline emski

• View Profile
what about the 104 forks the last 24 hours?
Normally we are max at 10/24h
http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/home

I can understand it grows on update periods... but 104?  ???

Offline Markus

• View Profile
The open margin orders list shows my call prices at 2x the feed price at entry, while the help text seems to indicate it should be 1.5x.

It has been 2x for quite a while now, this is not caused by the current version update.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Don't get crazy with the updates guys/delegates !!! We have plenty of time until the hard fork!!! Let's make it smoother this time!

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
what about the 104 forks the last 24 hours?
Normally we are max at 10/24h
http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/home

I can understand it grows on update periods... but 104?  ???

Offline emski

• View Profile
Ubuntu 14.04 Server
8GB ram
Looks fine.

Offline graffenwalder

All working fine here to windows 8.

Forgot that the fork hadn't kicked in yet and tried to import the vesting balances.
Got this error:

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
eval_state._current_state->get_head_block_num() >= DVS_V0_5_0_FORK_BLOCK_NUM

Not sure if this is a problem, but should the DVS be in this line?

Offline testz

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Win7 64bit with 8GB RAM, non-SSD

All OK so far.

Installed successfully by overwriting the v0.4.27.2 installation.

First start with bitshares_client.exe, the blockchain replayed successfully. Synced.
Successfully replayed 1528477 blocks in 2227 seconds.
Blockchain size changed from 605MiB to 611MiB.

Quit the command_line window and started the GUI with no problem.

It seems that the new GUI is faster than the previous version.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Linux Mint 17.1 64bit

Mostly looks good so far.

It crashed when I filled an order shorting to myself.  I refused its request to reset the db on relaunch and shorted to myself again and it crashed again.  Relaunched and refused to reset again, and all the orders look like they went through fine.

The open margin orders list shows my call prices at 2x the feed price at entry, while the help text seems to indicate it should be 1.5x.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
For who compiles from source code under UBUNTU:
git clone https://github.com/Bitshares/bitshares.git
cd bitshares
git checkout bts/0.5.0
git submodule init
git submodule update
cmake .
make

Update:
Looks like all OK.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64bit, 6GB RAM
Successfully replayed 1528877 blocks in 1931 seconds.
Blockchain size changed from 606MiB to 610MiB.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:44:56 am by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
All fine with me. OS: WIN 7 64bit

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
so far it looks like the same problems as the last release.  I can't get synced enough to broadcast.  the chain stalled out at 45 days left. over 2 gig memory usage.  high cpu consumption.  can't quit the program without a crash.  program unexpectedly quits without any messages.  various elements of the GUI freeze while others still work.

zerosum

win7 / 32 bit

Installed over 0.27.1...started with error that apparently destroyed the previous database.

Downloading the chain again... taxing my CPU at 25-60%, 1086 MB of memory [and growing] and spinning my hard drive like there is no tomorrow...

137 days left....will report in a week or so with updates... or not if my laptop explodes and gets on fire....

{EDIT}

Extinguished all the flames coming out of the device...
Copied the last available good database in the app/whatever/ folder...

Not very supportive version it seams...insists on downloading the whole chain...

{Edit2}
With the fire-extinguisher in my hand patiently waiting for the process to end... occasionally putting down a flame or two :)
Just 172 days to go...

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:21:56 am by HRickover »

Offline vikram

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/tag/bts%2F0.5.0

Please only use this thread to post constructive feedback that may be useful to the development team.