Author Topic: Bought bitUSD, Paid BTS, Never Received bitUSD...  (Read 7115 times)

Offline fuzzy

Yes, that is the error I get when I type history.  However, I had to restart my computer, which means I have to manually go in again and change the old apps/data/roaming/bitshares folder name, restart the client, re-import the json file and wait all night for it to resync and rescan before I can get back to  you guys on any of this...because my client is still saying that it an instance is already running (when it is not). 

could this be related to his problem?  ???

I keep my computer running most of the time so I don't have to "reset" it by using this process and had not "reset" it after making the order...so it wouldn't be connected.  :/
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Yes, that is the error I get when I type history.  However, I had to restart my computer, which means I have to manually go in again and change the old apps/data/roaming/bitshares folder name, restart the client, re-import the json file and wait all night for it to resync and rescan before I can get back to  you guys on any of this...because my client is still saying that it an instance is already running (when it is not). 

could this be related to his problem?  ???

Offline fuzzy

Ok so that does nothing to suggest that you accidentally bought the wrong asset.

Can you type "history" in the command line like xeroc suggested? Is that error what you get when you press "history" ?

@fuzz .. please answer those questions:
- did you do the trade in the GUI or per command line?
- did you get the error above during the trade or somewhere else?
- do "balance <account name>" and "history <account name>" show the SAME accumulated balance?

1)  I traded using the GUI because I thought it would be the safest way
2)  I got the error above when I followed your directions in this post: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13324.msg174339#msg174339
3)  I have not yet had the chance to do this and I will check to see as soon as my wallet is up and ready again (in 5-6 hours)

---I must say though, I greatly appreciate your responses everyone. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:40:16 am by fuzzy »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=BITUSD

BITUSD do not show any trades...so hopefully fuzz did not lose 50K BTS....
Good point ..

But I wonder what could have happend here:
20024 invalid_asset_symbol: invalid asset symbol
Invalid asset symbol!
    {"asset_symbol":"bitusd"}
    bitshares  transaction_ledger.cpp:1412 bts::wallet::wallet::get_transaction_history

{}
    bitshares  transaction_ledger.cpp:1458 bts::wallet::wallet::get_transaction_history

{}
    bitshares  transaction_ledger.cpp:1572 bts::wallet::wallet::get_pretty_transaction_history

{}
    bitshares  wallet_api.cpp:793 bts::client::detail::client_impl::wallet_account_transaction_history

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:3197 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_account_transaction_history

{"command":"history"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:579 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

@fuzz .. please answer those questions:
- did you do the trade in the GUI or per command line?
- did you get the error above during the trade or somewhere else?
- do "balance <account name>" and "history <account name>" show the SAME accumulated balance?

Offline Riverhead

Another thought: Are you sure you were on the right fork? If you were down a rabbit hole it'll be like nothing actually happened.

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile

Can you walk us through what you did? I just tried to get some BITUSD and it wasn't easy. The books are empty so even if I managed to place an order I could just cancel it unless someone has a script setup to watch it.

The easiest thing to do, and what I hope you did, was open the client, go to market tab and click on the bitUSD:BTC with the graph under featured markets. Otherwise you'd have had to type BITUSD:BTS into the search engine and pick it from a dropdown list.

Lastly the client produces an error: " The BITUSD/BTS market has not yet been initialized."

All may not be lost...

All of that plus:

http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=BITUSD

BITUSD do not show any trades...so hopefully fuzz did not lose 50K BTS....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:38:24 pm by jshow5555 »

Offline Riverhead

Can you walk us through what you did? I just tried to get some BITUSD and it wasn't easy. The books are empty so even if I managed to place an order I could just cancel it unless someone has a script setup to watch it.

The easiest thing to do, and what I hope you did, was open the client, go to market tab and click on the bitUSD:BTC with the graph under featured markets. Otherwise you'd have had to type BITUSD:BTS into the search engine and pick it from a dropdown list.

Lastly the client produces an error: " The BITUSD/BTS market has not yet been initialized."

All may not be lost...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:29:16 pm by Riverhead »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Market-pegged assets get "Bit" prepended to them automatically in the GUI. So the real bitUSD is called "USD" internally and "BitUSD" in the GUI. The fake user-issued asset is called BITUSD internally and in the GUI.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Isnt the asset called BitUSD, BitGBP, Bitxxx? atleast thats what Im using in the shopping carts... is that wrong?

I think (and hope) that what they mean is that bitusd is the correct asset and BITusd is a scam asset. Please confirm... ::)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Isnt the asset called BitUSD, BitGBP, Bitxxx? atleast thats what Im using in the shopping carts... is that wrong?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline toast

• View Profile
Ok so that does nothing to suggest that you accidentally bought the wrong asset.

Can you type "history" in the command line like xeroc suggested? Is that error what you get when you press "history" ?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline fuzzy

no I was using the user interface, but I am glad that my problems are causing our community to evolve.

If I lost 50,000 BTS it is quite depressing, but it is what it is. 

Perhaps we should focus on being quiet and putting our noses to the grindstone on coming up with marketing plans while the coders really focus on working on the client.  It has been a nightmare to use so I have largely been just holding my BTS for the longterm.  My first attempt to hedge really seems to have bit me in the ass because the wallet is not where it needs to be. 

I am not saying this to be a dick, but I sincerely hope the coders focus directly on usability of the wallet for anyone and everyone.  If these losses happen with the wrong person there will be a pretty hefty campaign against what we are all trying to do here.

You used the user interface to trade BITUSD and not bitUSD? Are you sure?
What does your trx history say?

Nothing shows up in transaction history.  It is as though it never happened...except I am down 50,000 bts.

Offline toast

• View Profile
no I was using the user interface, but I am glad that my problems are causing our community to evolve.

Perhaps we should focus on being quiet and putting our noses to the grindstone on coming up with marketing plans while the coders really focus on working on the client.  It has been a nightmare to use so I have largely been just holding my BTS for the longterm.  My first attempt to hedge really seems to have bit me in the ass because the wallet is not where it needs to be. 

I am not saying this to be a dick, but I sincerely hope the coders focus directly on usability of the wallet for anyone and everyone.  If these losses happen with the wrong person there will be a pretty hefty campaign against what we are all trying to do here.

You used the user interface to trade BITUSD and not bitUSD? Are you sure?
What does your trx history say?

Offline fuzzy

No I was using the user interface, but I am glad that my problems are causing our community to evolve (if we are looking at a silver lining).

I am not saying this to be a dick, but I sincerely hope the coders focus directly on usability of the wallet for anyone and everyone before anything else.  We should try to give a goal (perhaps 30-60 days) to have it relatively bug-free on all popular OS's by that date. 

If these losses happen with the wrong person there will be a pretty hefty campaign against what we are all trying to do here. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:53:17 pm by fuzzy »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
ehm ... from the release notes of 0.5.0:

- Asset symbols cannot start with "BIT"

just have to wait for the hardfork .. not sure what will happen to existing assets though

Offline toast

• View Profile
Already planned:  https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1260
That is already implememted in 0.5.0 .. at least assets cannot start with bit*
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases

So what you're saying is that it's not already implemented in 0.5.0

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Were you using the console? It's hard to buy the fake bitusd unless you're trying.   We should totally block that asset though.

The only reason to have a asset named like this is to dupe users, How hard would it be to block this kinda stuff?

Offline toast

• View Profile
Were you using the console? It's hard to buy the fake bitusd unless you're trying.   We should totally block that asset though.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Invalid asset symbol!

dang ... the real asset is called USD .. not bitUSD .. someone sold bitusd as a user-issued asset .. sorry to say, but you fell for the trick :(

anyway .. with the upgrade to 0.5.0 .. assets starting with bit* are not allowed any longer...

your funds are gone .. hope you haven't lost too much :(

//edit: not sure if we can fix the wallet though .. because you now have transactions stored in there that transfer assets that don't exist ..

paging @bytemaster @toast @theoretical @vikram

50,000 BTS gone, that is brutal. There are like a 100 of these bit* asset names
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:53:41 pm by bitsharesmarket »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Invalid asset symbol!

dang ... the real asset is called USD .. not bitUSD .. someone sold bitusd as a user-issued asset .. sorry to say, but you fell for the trick :(

anyway .. with the upgrade to 0.5.0 .. assets starting with bit* are not allowed any longer...

your funds are gone .. hope you haven't lost too much :(

//edit: not sure if we can fix the wallet though .. because you now have transactions stored in there that transfer assets that don't exist ..

paging @bytemaster @toast @theoretical @vikram

Offline fuzzy

does "wallet_account_order_list" in console return "[]" ??

I get nothing.  This is frustrating.  With this many bugs it is kind of no wonder most everyday joes are steering clear...this is really hurting us and it is sad because we the tech is quite literally the best on the market.  Sincerely hope we can get this stuff fixed. 

Nevermind---I got this:
>> wallet_account_order_list beyondbitcoin

[]

Just took some time I guess for it to register.

Offline fuzzy

1) go to console
2) type "history"
3) identify the lines which relate to your order
4) remove the "balance"
5) paste the rest here

Invalid asset symbol!
    bitshares  transaction_ledger.cpp:1412 bts::wallet::wallet::get_transaction_history

{}
    bitshares  transaction_ledger.cpp:1458 bts::wallet::wallet::get_transaction_history

{}
    bitshares  transaction_ledger.cpp:1572 bts::wallet::wallet::get_pretty_transaction_history

{}
    bitshares  wallet_api.cpp:793 bts::client::detail::client_impl::wallet_account_transaction_history

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:3197 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_account_transaction_history

{"command":"history"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:579 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
does "wallet_account_order_list" in console return "[]" ??

Offline fuzzy

It definitely wasn't shorting bitUSD.  I wanted to hedge just in case of further falls in bitcoin.  Looks like we have found a bottom on that though :)

I'll check into it.  Thanks for the quick response.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Is your order a short? If yes you won't receive bitUSD.

check that,could be the case....

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
1) go to console
2) type "history"
3) identify the lines which relate to your order
4) remove the "balance"
5) paste the rest here

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Yesterday I put in a buy order for 50,000bts worth of bitUSD.  The system took my bts, but never gave me the bitUSD that I should have received.  Any guesses on what is going on and how to fix it?
What time did you place the order? Wanna check the block which contains your order..

Update:
Is your order a short? If yes you won't receive bitUSD.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:04:32 am by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
have you used this command just to be sure?

wallet_regenerate_keys <account_name> <max_key_number>

Offline fuzzy

have you enabled on this wallet block production for at least one account? if yes, disable it and restart the client to let it make the "transactions scanning " ... else regenerate the keys for the last 1000 transactions for example to be sure... 

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Nope. Never enabled block production.

Did the order get executed or is it still open?

Neither.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Did the order get executed or is it still open?

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
have you enabled on this wallet block production for at least one account? if yes, disable it and restart the client to let it make the "transactions scanning " ... else regenerate the keys for the last 1000 transactions for example to be sure... 

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline fuzzy

Yesterday I put in a buy order for 50,000bts worth of bitUSD.  The system took my bts, but never gave me the bitUSD that I should have received.  Any guesses on what is going on and how to fix it?