Author Topic: Use cases for manual testing of GUI  (Read 2313 times)

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Could you just mock the GUI interactions?
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline Markus

• View Profile
- Buy BitAsset A with BitAsset B using the direct markets without going via BTS
- Short BitAsset to yourself

- Make sure Short Sell BitAsset Orders with limits above price feed are displayed in the main Sell BitAsset Orders list

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Is there any way we could have a feed for at least one of the market pegged assets? That would let both myself and dezra test a whole bunch of things that we currently don't have the potential to test.

DevShares do not yet have an established price, so unfortunately there cannot be any feeds at present.

Why not just have the delegates publish a ridiculously low price which is equivalent to no price feed restriction (just like the good old days!)? Except people would know that if they short the price of DevUSD too low (meaning value DVS relative to DevUSD too high compared to its real USD value) that eventually once a market price for DVS was established and the price feeds were corrected to reflect that, they would likely get immediately margin called (it could also be a good way to test black swan liquidation!). This fear would hopefully prevent people from shorting DevUSD down too low, but of course nothing really prevents it. Trade at your own risk!

Another possibility is for julian1 or monsterer to implement GATEBTC for DevShares and then use the price from the GATEBTC/DVS market to establish the price feeds (but they may not be ready for that yet).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:40:46 am by arhag »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We can publish a feed for 'ONE' which is always worth 1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline vikram

Is there any way we could have a feed for at least one of the market pegged assets? That would let both myself and dezra test a whole bunch of things that we currently don't have the potential to test.

DevShares do not yet have an established price, so unfortunately there cannot be any feeds at present.

Offline benc

• View Profile
I compiled a list of all these tests with dezra25 and we will be testing them in the near future.

Manual GUI Tests
-voting
-sort margin call orders by margin call price
-sort margin call orders by expiration date
-Buy market pegged BitAsset with BTS
-Sell market pegged BitAsset with a price limit
-Create a UIA
-Issue UIA
-Buy UIA with BTS
-Sell UIA for BTS
-Buy UIA with another UIA
-Sell UIA for another UIA
-Make sure price feed display updates for asset
-make sure all is well (display fully up-to-date, reasonable memory suage) after leaving
market page open overnight
-Use the BTS: URL scheme to vote for a delegate
-Discount from internet for 30 seconds and reconnect
-Burn accounts to wall
-edit your profile
-Transfer money Between accounts
-Short Market pegged assets

We also thought the idea of having a time when both myself and dezra can be online to invite people to fool around with Devshares. This would be easier if we had a feed live for a market pegged asset on Devshares.

Offline roadscape

Everything theoretical said, plus:

• Create/have 25 unregistered accounts and leave the market page open overnight
  • Use the bts: URL scheme to vote for a delegate
  • Disconnect from the internet for 30 seconds and reconnect
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline theoretical

Here are some use cases to get started:

- Register a new account with funds from an existing account
- Sort margin call orders by margin call price
- Sort margin call orders by expiration date
- Buy market pegged BitAsset with BTS
- Sell market pegged BitAsset for BTS
- Short market pegged BitAsset with no price limit
- Short market pegged BitAsset with a price limit
- Create a UIA
- Issue UIA shares
- Buy UIA with BTS
- Sell UIA for BTS
- Buy UIA with another UIA
- Sell UIA for another UIA
- Make sure price feed display updates for market asset
- Make sure all is well (display fully up-to-date, reasonable memory usage) after leaving market page open overnight
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline theoretical

These would also be a great starting point for tutorials, videos, and blog posts.  Each one should explain one piece of the client well enough to allow users to do something useful or solve a specific problem.

Stan agrees with me:

I think it would be great to have a series of articles on BitShares Use Cases.

"Adventures in Trading" or something like that.   Get people over the intimidation factor by giving them things to try.  Maybe even tie it in with a 5 minute Mad Max session on BitShares.TV or a screen-view tutorial.

This would include little discussions on elementary trading strategies for newbies.

Something like that?
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Please help me crowd-source a step-by-step guide for all common use cases in the GUI. These are tests that will be done manually on devshares prior to each BTS release.

For example:
* making a new wallet
* registering an account with the faucet
* registering an account without a faucet
* voting

etc. Assume the user knows more or less how the software is supposed to work, so the steps don't have to be too detailed.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.