Author Topic: Protoshares Ubuntu 13.10 problem  (Read 3582 times)

Offline r05

• View Profile
Re: Protoshares Ubuntu 13.10 problem
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 10:19:01 pm »
I think you are using a droplet with too little resources available. The guide calls for an 8 core/4GB droplet whereas you are using a 512mb droplet (I daresay the 1 core, $5 p/month one).

There are known issues running the PTS miner on this droplet - I haven't found a solution yet. I would delete it and use the 2GB/2 core droplet or the 8GB/4 core droplet that the guide calls for.
Thats really unfortunate... They won't give me a refund, would they
No, but it sounds like you are using Digital Ocean. Digital Ocean charge per hour, not per month - so if you have had your droplet up and running for an hour, they will only charge you for that hour. You can freely create/delete droplets and have them run against the credit in your account, so you should have lost very little in terms of money..
I did not know about that. Thanks!
No problem

As I see you are using yvg1900 miner, and it is going out of memory.

If you want to play around, use 256M version with 1 thread.

yvg1900
Listen to this man. He did, after all, develop the miner ;)
If I have helped you, please consider buying me a beer:
PTS: PZ6ZED8q1i7nQqnZiwFHdgLMELi3sgpnzL
BTC: 1CPF64k1AraWAUiDSh2QthRhbtJJznzRtw

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 10:09:54 pm »
As I see you are using yvg1900 miner, and it is going out of memory.

If you want to play around, use 256M version with 1 thread.

yvg1900
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline denart4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 10:05:55 pm »
I think you are using a droplet with too little resources available. The guide calls for an 8 core/4GB droplet whereas you are using a 512mb droplet (I daresay the 1 core, $5 p/month one).

There are known issues running the PTS miner on this droplet - I haven't found a solution yet. I would delete it and use the 2GB/2 core droplet or the 8GB/4 core droplet that the guide calls for.
No, but it sounds like you are using Digital Ocean. Digital Ocean charge per hour, not per month - so if you have had your droplet up and running for an hour, they will only charge you for that hour. You can freely create/delete droplets and have them run against the credit in your account, so you should have lost very little in terms of money..
I did not know about that. Thanks!

Offline r05

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 09:59:31 pm »

Offline denart4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 09:57:04 pm »

Offline r05

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 09:53:49 pm »

There are known issues running the PTS miner on this droplet - I haven't found a solution yet. I would delete it and use the 2GB/2 core droplet or the 8GB/4 core droplet that the guide calls for. Besides being a better performer (a 1 core droplet would seriously struggle to bring in any sort of PTS) I don't think the capabilities of the 1 core droplet can run the miner at all. :-\
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:57:49 pm by r05 »

Offline denart4

• View Profile
Protoshares Ubuntu 13.10 problem
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:50:16 pm »
I did the following commands in my ubuntu 13.10 cmd: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1193.0

I have a droplet with those specifications:
512MB Ram
20GB SSD Disk
Ubuntu 13.10 x64

When I type in the last command I get this error:

{
Checking optimizations compatibility...
OK: Optimizations are compatible
Launching miner...
Using 512 megabytes of memory per thread
Using 1 threads
Connected to server using x.pushthrough(xpt) protocol
New block 31944
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
}

What can I do? I tried changing -t to lower numbers but still the same error.