Author Topic: Rumor Has It - Big News Coming Out Tomorrow at BTC Miami  (Read 8137 times)

Offline fuzzy

We'll know him when we see him. True to pattern, he'll remind us that HE started and built BitShares, before someone else compromised it. Name dropping ensues, followed by a mention of Etherum's might. And then an opinion or two on what we should do next, which generally has some really abstract, experimental, no-value-added concept attached to it.

Believe it or not, I like him too.

I have to admit I am harder on him than I like to be.  But I think Donkeypong is generally on point here. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
We'll know him when we see him. True to pattern, he'll remind us that HE started and built BitShares, before someone else compromised it. Name dropping ensues, followed by a mention of Etherum's might. And then an opinion or two on what we should do next, which generally has some really abstract, experimental, no-value-added concept attached to it.

Believe it or not, I like him too.

Offline fuzzy

Last tweet from someone we all know, Charles Hoskinson

2hours ago:
@nprojectcharles: Major bitcoin news coming very soon. Hope you're long

CH's account has been deleted from this forum. I noticed this several days ago. I like him actually.

why this ? Any news? Pity IMO

Yeah, I was watching when he did. Fuzz noticed he deleted his own account minutes after posting his last.

Don't worry.  Charles is still frequenting the forums.  Just not likely under his name :)

yup guess so also :)

The dude abides, cass, the dude abides.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

2hours ago:

CH's account has been deleted from this forum. I noticed this several days ago. I like him actually.

Yeah, I was watching when he did. Fuzz noticed he deleted his own account minutes after posting his last.

Don't worry.  Charles is still frequenting the forums.  Just not likely under his name :)

yup guess so also :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

2hours ago:

Offline Thom

2hours ago:

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
good news happened already with swiss bank move
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

2hours ago:

I think he ragequit. The thread about testing / dev process is where he declared that he's out
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Where are all the leaks when you need them ?  :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

2hours ago:

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
I really hope a good news is coming, because on the bad news side... : http://www.coindesk.com/research-hackers-install-backdoor-bitcoin-cold-storage/

Can someone evaluate the significance of this ? That doesn't smell good...
FUD news ... old issue ..

from #bitcoin

12:49:11 |  op_mul> coindesk is pushing more nonsense about ECDSA flaws
12:49:30 |  op_mul> "Each time a bitcoin transaction is signed, the signature is generated partly from a random number known as 'k'. The compromised ECDSA uses a specific formula to select 'k' .."
12:49:35 |  op_mul> no fucking shit.
12:50:26 |  Anduck> so.. nothing new there?
12:50:36 |  op_mul> nothing new at all.
12:50:40 |  Anduck> also can't you do the k-pickin in a deterministic way?
12:51:19 |  op_mul> you can, but with bitcoin's ECDSA you can't prove it was picked deterministically without the private key.
12:51:53 |  Anduck> so re-using 'k' is impossible if done right
12:52:06 |  op_mul> improbable.
12:52:36 |  op_mul> there's ~2^128 possible nonces. if you've made the same one twice you've got bigger problems than signatures.
12:53:21 |  op_mul> ie, you used the same RNG to make the private key in the first place.
12:55:15 |  wumpus> an ecdsa *implementation* flaw
12:56:18 |  op_mul> wumpus: point was it's being presented as some new wild attack.
12:56:26 |  wumpus> but yes, old well-known problem
12:56:38 |  wumpus> recycling old problems is very much like FUD
12:56:48 |  op_mul> I'm aware of at least one claimed attack where it has actually been used, though I wasn't able to confirm it.
12:57:48 |  wumpus> broken wallet impementations that reused nonces, sure, I don't know of any cases where it was done intentionally

Thanks xeroc, I'm glad to hear that
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I really hope a good news is coming, because on the bad news side... : http://www.coindesk.com/research-hackers-install-backdoor-bitcoin-cold-storage/

FUD news ... old issue ..

from #bitcoin

12:49:11 |  op_mul> coindesk is pushing more nonsense about ECDSA flaws
12:49:30 |  op_mul> "Each time a bitcoin transaction is signed, the signature is generated partly from a random number known as 'k'. The compromised ECDSA uses a specific formula to select 'k' .."
12:49:35 |  op_mul> no fucking shit.
12:50:26 |  Anduck> so.. nothing new there?
12:50:36 |  op_mul> nothing new at all.
12:50:40 |  Anduck> also can't you do the k-pickin in a deterministic way?
12:51:19 |  op_mul> you can, but with bitcoin's ECDSA you can't prove it was picked deterministically without the private key.
12:51:53 |  Anduck> so re-using 'k' is impossible if done right
12:52:06 |  op_mul> improbable.
12:52:36 |  op_mul> there's ~2^128 possible nonces. if you've made the same one twice you've got bigger problems than signatures.
12:53:21 |  op_mul> ie, you used the same RNG to make the private key in the first place.
12:55:15 |  wumpus> an ecdsa *implementation* flaw
12:56:18 |  op_mul> wumpus: point was it's being presented as some new wild attack.
12:56:26 |  wumpus> but yes, old well-known problem
12:56:38 |  wumpus> recycling old problems is very much like FUD
12:56:48 |  op_mul> I'm aware of at least one claimed attack where it has actually been used, though I wasn't able to confirm it.
12:57:48 |  wumpus> broken wallet impementations that reused nonces, sure, I don't know of any cases where it was done intentionally

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline graffenwalder

Probably the Bitcoin ETF thing or secondmarkets investment trust thing

I bet on this. Hopefully something like that..

*Bracing for impact.*
It seems that Adam guy and Charles are on other sides. Adam said watch ok coin, which has some big dumps at the moment. And Charles says to go long

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Probably the Bitcoin ETF thing or secondmarkets investment trust thing

I bet on this. Hopefully something like that..

*Bracing for impact.*