Author Topic: Tech Support Delegate.  (Read 2258 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

THank you Onceuponatime.

I'll say that we need someone who is doing tech support and documents solutions (on the wiki - it could be at the start at least?).  We need a knowledge base type system just as much as we need tech support.  Knowledge base help systems are far more efficient, scale better, and are available 24/7.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline onceuponatime

Anyone willing to donate to this?

If you want to set up this kind of delegate, I will advance the registration fee.
If it doesn't get elected, I get nothing back. If it gets elected, I get back 25% of my advance per month until paid off.

Offline fuzzy

Anyone willing to donate to this?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline yellowecho

I think this is an excellent idea!  To my knowledge, no other blockchain has anything like that.. it could add significant value as user confidence increases and could potentially widen the user base for adoption.  We should also consider spreading this idea in the Chinese community so there's language support.  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Having a manned helpdesk would not be a bad idea but you have to figure out how funnel help issues into the helpdesk.  Ticketing systems help with that but are only a small part.  I think we'd be better off finding a system like "Click here for live help" that was toggled on when these people were available.  Then you have to find people willing to man it for the pay who are knowledgable enough to fix problems.  There are not that many though.

I volunteer you. You have help desk experience from way back in the day...and as I remember you would not like to go back to doing it...so that would prove just how passionate you are about the cause :D

rofl. I worked at an ISP once and had to answer the phones on graveyard shift when no one called... and definitely no.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
We definitely need tech support/customer support, more than just what this forum offers. 

Offline fuzzy

Having a manned helpdesk would not be a bad idea but you have to figure out how funnel help issues into the helpdesk.  Ticketing systems help with that but are only a small part.  I think we'd be better off finding a system like "Click here for live help" that was toggled on when these people were available.  Then you have to find people willing to man it for the pay who are knowledgable enough to fix problems.  There are not that many though.

I volunteer you. You have help desk experience from way back in the day...and as I remember you would not like to go back to doing it...so that would prove just how passionate you are about the cause :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

I recommend to also setup something like OTRS (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Ticket_Request_System)

maybe a good business idea to have a ticketing system .. either payed as a delegate or pay by ads/fees

We have Helpdesk at our forum, IMHO not so useful.
BTW We have chat at our forum as well  :)

The only problem with that is that the turn around on tickets makes it more difficult for users to get their issues fixed...which means fewer users will be willing to ask, which also means more of them will suffer in silence and potentially give up on using bitshares.  I think highly skilled gurus have a tendency to underestimate how difficult it is for newbies.  I am by not a newbie, but the wallet at present is so buggy that I feel like one. 

Offline fuzzy

+5% Skype will be perfect (maybe + other messaging system simultaneously) or even plus "Chat with support" web chat at bitshares.org

We need something.  That is for certain. 

I'm still working with Cube on the Legal Delegate so after we get that done, if noone else is interested, I might be willing to spend some time looking for someone to run this Delegate.  However, I will need to find some BTS to get it started as I will be hard pressed to incentivize myself to dip further into personal funds to set it up.  This should be done, however, and people should be paid to work on it...and they should be able to directly meet up on a weekly basis to provide updates to devs about which problems people seem to be encountering most frequently as to prioritize which bugs to fix first. 

Offline testz

I recommend to also setup something like OTRS (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Ticket_Request_System)

maybe a good business idea to have a ticketing system .. either payed as a delegate or pay by ads/fees

We have Helpdesk at our forum, IMHO not so useful.
BTW We have chat at our forum as well  :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline testz

+5% Skype will be perfect (maybe + other messaging system simultaneously) or even plus "Chat with support" web chat at bitshares.org

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

What if we had a tech support delegate that paid 3-4 people to take shifts and sit in Mumble to help people in real time to deal with any issues they were having. 

If not Mumble, perhaps they could use skype, which also has a remote desktop feature built in.  I am pretty sure this would make us the only crypto in the entire crypto-sphere with paid Live Tech Support...which would also be a pretty nice marketing and PR move at this juncture.