Author Topic: DEX Arbitrage to increase liquidity  (Read 5522 times)

Offline monsterer

Are you saying the blockchain protocol itself would be doing arbitrage?

No - just having those markets available (or permutations thereof) makes arbitrage possible, which means all participants get an opportunity to participate. No need to have an official blockchain bot.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
bitasset pairs are already fixed in the hard fork coming with 0.5.0

I don't like the idea of market-making by the blockchain. If you're so sure you could design a good MM algorithm for the blockchain, why don't you do it yourself and make some money?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I believe this will be re-enabled in the same update as we will get relative orders, 0.7, hopefully coming within a few weeks.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Are you saying the blockchain protocol itself would be doing arbitrage?

I like it - sounds like the arbitrage profits could be a nice extra source of yield for BitAsset holders.

Of course there is no liquidity for bitbtc/bitusd yet so that would need to improve before this made any difference.

Offline monsterer

If there were markets in the DEX which enabled internal arbitrage, it could help with providing liquidity and narrowing spreads.

For example, if we had the pairs:

btc/usd
btc/eur
eur/usd

You would be able to do triangular arbitrage between them which would narrow the spreads and be less risky than running a market maker.

Cheers, Paul.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads