Author Topic: [Delegate Proposal] Indolering's .p2p Proposal Q&A  (Read 3804 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Hi Indolering,

In your proposal you said "As long as BTS holders benefit from selling the namespace in what eventually becomes a secure decentralized DNS solution, everyone should be satisfied."

Could you please explain a bit more about the basics of what .p2p is, what does it do, how does it bring income to BTS.  Does it prevent domain name squatting, if so how? (thought I heard that somewhere..)

Thanks

matt608

sumantso

I lack any expertise to understand what was said, but if BM, Toast and co feel its good then I am all for it (it does sound good to me). Waiting to hear a line or two from them.

Regarding a different DAC, I remember BM saying during the merger that this was necessary to get the network effect, and that at any time it can be branched off and separated.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:44:46 pm by sumantso »

Offline indolering

• View Profile
This is a discussion thread for Indolering's proposal for .p2p: The Road to Universal .p2p Resolution. I'll try to be online all day (January 18) both here and on the IRC chat room.

Feel free to ask me anything!

Update: What is .p2p?

.p2p is a new top level domain, akin to .com or .net.  However, instead of being controlled by a central authority, domain name purchases and ownership is controlled via the blockchain.  This is exciting for two reasons:
  • It is very difficult to censor the domains or control their ownership.
  • We can include encryption information in the blockchain, removing a key vector for MITM attacks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:40:14 pm by indolering »