Author Topic: registering account  (Read 1631 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Yes the specific account let's call it XX is now registered. What is strange is that XX was registered by XX and on the GUI on the transaction history I see

From XX as XX with a different avatar (Grey color) from the normal XX avatar (Green color). When I click on that I can see the Grey avatar under the name XX but without any other usual information that I see on normal accounts. The grey XX avatar only shows as registered but nothing more. It looks strange... Other than that the normal XX account avatar looks fine, registered and with the usual information displayed on the GUI as per all the normal accounts..

Offline vikram

Thank you very much Vikram

so I take it that

I registered a new account by going into the gui and typed "register <account name> <same account name>. (I have send some funds to the account name prior registering it).
On the transaction history now of the new registered account I see a different avatar saying "From <account name> as <account name>. What is this about and why this avatar is different?

the above was not the right way to do it since the avatars appearing are different and I should wait for the new release if i want to create new accounts in another wallet correct?

I'm not sure why the avatars changed. If you do "wallet_list_my_accounts" in the console, do you see the accounts you expect, and do they say registered?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Thank you very much Vikram

so I take it that

I registered a new account by going into the gui and typed "register <account name> <same account name>. (I have send some funds to the account name prior registering it).
On the transaction history now of the new registered account I see a different avatar saying "From <account name> as <account name>. What is this about and why this avatar is different?

the above was not the right way to do it since the avatars appearing are different and I should wait for the new release if i want to create new accounts in another wallet correct?

Offline vikram

Why there is no more an option to register an account from one of my other accounts paying the fee and there is only the option via faucet?

Known issue that will be fixed in the next release.

Finally I think there should be an option in the GUI when someone creates a new account, hasn't registered it on the blockchain yet and later decides that he doesn't want to register it the user should have the option to delete it so someone else can register that name. Why something like this is not implemented?

"Unregistered names" have nothing to do with BitShares Accounts and do not stop anyone from registering. Until we have some stability we are not going to risk allowing people to delete items from their wallet.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hi,

Why there is no more an option to register an account from one of my other accounts paying the fee and there is only the option via faucet?

Is this the right way to do it or have I done something wrong?

Finally I think there should be an option in the GUI when someone creates a new account, hasn't registered it on the blockchain yet and later decides that he doesn't want to register it the user should have the option to delete it so someone else can register that name. Why something like this is not implemented?

Thanks for the help in advance