Author Topic: bitcoin->bitBTC gateway needs testers!  (Read 9881 times)

Offline svk

What if there is a delegate.gateway for this that will shoulder any fees in this kind of service, so it will be zero fee, 1:1  bitcoin <-> bitBTC
or even give bonus when transferring bitcoin to bitBTC
Why should the DAC subsidize such a service? It is offered by 3rd parties and used by 3rd parties. Let them handle the fees among themselves.

Agreed, while it will be necessary for anyone providing this service to put up some starting capital, once it's up and runnning it should be able to finance itself through fees. Bridges can then compete on fees and on reputation.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
What if there is a delegate.gateway for this that will shoulder any fees in this kind of service, so it will be zero fee, 1:1  bitcoin <-> bitBTC
Why should the DAC subsidize such a service? It is offered by 3rd parties and used by 3rd parties. Let them handle the fees among themselves.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

pls check my post before.

after the webside is running and the service is function properly we could do it this way. At this point in time we don't need to make money, but don't want to loose also.

Offline joele

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:22:34 am by joele »

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
In the same way that delegates do price feeds, couldn't they verify bitcoin transactions, thereby making bitcoin trades with bitshares trustless?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13274

Offline bytemaster

so the escrow feature could make crypto gateways trustless?
what is the escrow mechanism?

Doesn't make gateways trustless, but provides a dispute resolution for person to person trades.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
so the escrow feature could make crypto gateways trustless?
what is the escrow mechanism?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
Escrow is tested and ready for next DVS hard fork. 

great!!

would love to bring the p2p transfers rolling.

Offline bytemaster

Escrow is tested and ready for next DVS hard fork. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
I mean when the gateway is running  the user who transfers BTC, who do they have to trust if anyone?
Could the gateway operator steal btc or fail to function?   

you have to trust us for sure, because we are running this and will use the own funds to make it possible. we are thinking about a p2p solution via escrow in the moment, because we believe it would be great to just trade p2p with only a needed escrow for dispute.

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
I mean when the gateway is running  the user who transfers BTC, who do they have to trust if anyone?
Could the gateway operator steal btc or fail to function?   

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
Can someone provide a trust profile of this gateway?

what do you mean with it?

the tech you can check on the github  https://github.com/wildbunny/metaexchange

if you mean the trustworthy of the community members who are in that moment involved (shentist, monsterer)

- you can check our posts and what we are doing for the community

- we are in GER and UK so not much to say at this point in time.

- later on you will get more informations when the side and the gateway/bridge is running for the public!

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
Can someone provide a trust profile of this gateway?

Offline monsterer

I played a bit with this service, today.

I realize I did not follow the instructions [partly because my Armory does not provide compresses private keys only the one that start with 5. So does the BTS client  btw when you use wallet_dump_private_key, even though you say it does use compressed ones, maybe internally], anyway with that in mind I used amounts that I really do not care about.

- I dumped the private key, using wallet_dump_private_key, of the active public key of an unregistered BTS account.

- Imported those in the BTC wallet.

-Transferred BTC to the gateway address from there and got the bitBTC.

- Using the GUI sent those bitBTC to metaexchangebtc and got nothing back... :)

No worries, as I said it was a very small amount, just letting you know how it went.

Can you give me the bitshares trx id of the bitBTC that you sent, I'll look into what happened? :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

clout

Request them to remove this. It would bring more volume and benefit them also.

Why would we remove the easiest way for people to buy our product? If anything we should suggest they get rid of the the 1% fee on bts withdrawals which is inconsistent with all other withdrawals