Author Topic: Low trading volume on bitUSD  (Read 3145 times)

sumantso

Oh right. Do you think we could see a dump tomorrow?

A small one certainly. Maths would suggest a 2.5% reduction in price.

Why would any of the 52 mm be dumped?  I thought it was a penalty, where if you transfer, you lose the a certain percentage.

There is no penalty. And only a fraction is going to be dumped, like normal sell-offs.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile

I would wait for 2 -3 days since kind of afraid tomorrow's huge amounts of bts released on a single day......

What are you talking about?

Vested balance.

Well let's see...I believe the vesting period began on 11/5/14, right? Two and a half months. And the vesting is for a period of 2 years...which means approx. 52,083,333 of the 500,000,000 new BTS will be unlocked at once. I can't imagine everyone is going to claim all at once, and I'm sure plenty of people will want to hold it...

But yea, there may be a small dump going on.

Maybe we should wait a year for BTS to get solid footing before unlocking the balances?  :P

Why would any of the 52 mm be dumped?  I thought it was a penalty, where if you transfer, you lose the a certain percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I would wait for 2 -3 days since kind of afraid tomorrow's huge amounts of bts released on a single day......

Vested balance.

Well let's see...I believe the vesting period began on 11/5/14, right? Two and a half months. And the vesting is for a period of 2 years...which means approx. 52,083,333 of the 500,000,000 new BTS will be unlocked at once. I can't imagine everyone is going to claim all at once, and I'm sure plenty of people will want to hold it...

But yea, there may be a small dump going on.

Maybe we should wait a year for BTS to get solid footing before unlocking the balances?  :P
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:18:09 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

Vested balance.

I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

sumantso

Vested balance.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline iamabtsgirl

• View Profile
BitUSD now is only used to cover the short, without any real application. If this situation continues, I doubt the volume will go up.

It's also used as a device to go short BTS. If you think BTS is going to go down, buy bitUSD.

Ggozzo

BitUSD now is only used to cover the short, without any real application. If this situation continues, I doubt the volume will go up.

It's also used as a device to go short BTS. If you think BTS is going to go down, buy bitUSD.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
There is no trading volume on bitUSD today. Lets get some volume going!