Author Topic: [ANN] Cryptofresh.com, proof-of-awesome BitShares store.  (Read 11889 times)

Offline onceuponatime

I need some info on a T-shirt order. Please see PM

Offline btswolf

Thx, does that mean it's already open source? Cause I can't see any license agreement attached to the repo.

I'm leaning towards MIT, unless there is a better option.

The only thing I ask is that you link back to cryptofresh.com from your store footer.
Everybody, does such a request seem fair?

Thanks for your answer.
That seems fair to me and please continue your great work on that project.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I apologize roadscape, my comment was not relevant to your thread. Bytemaster has not commented about bitsapphire's proposal, but his comment here (which I quoted) is interesting when put in that context. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but the lack of developer opinion on the matter is a little frustrating.

I too was waiting for Dan to chime in but we'll just assault him on Friday's dev mumble ;)
I voiced concerns/questions in bitsapphire's 1st and 2nd proposals and they've been addressed.

... the lack of developer opinion on the matter is a little frustrating.

We are trying to let the community grow up free and independent.
That might not happen quickly if we express too many opinions.

:)

That, or you guys just like to watch the forums squirm :)

There is that...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

That helps in promoting community-driven goals rather than central-authority's influenced outcome.   +5%
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline roadscape

I apologize roadscape, my comment was not relevant to your thread. Bytemaster has not commented about bitsapphire's proposal, but his comment here (which I quoted) is interesting when put in that context. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but the lack of developer opinion on the matter is a little frustrating.

I too was waiting for Dan to chime in but we'll just assault him on Friday's dev mumble ;)
I voiced concerns/questions in bitsapphire's 1st and 2nd proposals and they've been addressed.

That, or you guys just like to watch the forums squirm :)
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

Offline roadscape

Because you are now employed by the bitshares blockchain would you consider making the your check out code open source?

I am sure you will agree that doing this will only help to further adoption for bitshares as a whole, not to mention it keeps in line with bitshares open source nature.

Actually, anyone producing code *PAID FOR* by the blockchain needs to open source it or they don't get my vote.

Do you feel this way about BitSapphire's wallet?

Sorry, I don't understand. Is this related to my post above? Neither Cryptofresh nor BitSapphire development were paid for by the blockchain.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Because you are now employed by the bitshares blockchain would you consider making the your check out code open source?

I am sure you will agree that doing this will only help to further adoption for bitshares as a whole, not to mention it keeps in line with bitshares open source nature.

Actually, anyone producing code *PAID FOR* by the blockchain needs to open source it or they don't get my vote.

Do you feel this way about BitSapphire's wallet?

Offline roadscape

Thx, does that mean it's already open source? Cause I can't see any license agreement attached to the repo.

I'm leaning towards MIT, unless there is a better option.

The only thing I ask is that you link back to cryptofresh.com from your store footer.
Everybody, does such a request seem fair?

Offline btswolf

Offline robrigo

Are there any plans on making the commerce platform behind cryptofresh open source?

Definitely interested in releasing it to the community! Perhaps upon reaching a certain goal..
I really love your shop. What do you need to make it open source now?

You can see the repo here: https://github.com/roadscape/cryptofresh

Offline btswolf

Are there any plans on making the commerce platform behind cryptofresh open source?

Definitely interested in releasing it to the community! Perhaps upon reaching a certain goal..
I really love your shop. What do you need to make it open source now?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:16:04 pm by btswolf »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

Yes yes yes 100 times yes, we are going to open source it!  :D  I think Tim (roadscape) was just waiting to put some things in order with the code before doing so. 

We both worked through the holidays to get everything developed and up and functioning, and just recently took a moments rest with our respective families.  About to spring back into action!

We just earned back our 'first' 100% delegate registration fee on media.bitscape.

provisional.bitscape is not yet voted in, so you could say that we are currently, essentially two 50% paid delegates with weeks of work and money pre-loaded into this project.

We still need your votes.  We're not stopping anytime soon!
Progress report coming soon with the monthly newsletter.

Onward!   :D

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.