Author Topic: Please Consider Voting for fuzzy.beyondbitcoin  (Read 18081 times)

Offline kodtycoon

• View Profile

We need a guy like this who sits on google or finds some tool that flags every mention of bitshares then comments. ;)

lol

i only found this cos there was a nem thread posted here a long time ago. logged in to see what had been said since on the thread and then posted an update. just thought i would then do a quick search just to see if much else was said to try and judge if interest in the project has died off/grown etc. :) having a look through other coins forums is a great way of finding genuine criticisms for things that need to be improved upon. and the more you find, either the better or worse you have done based on whether the majority of comments are for/against the project. also how you are received when making a post gives great insight too. its all about fact finding and making use of the information. ;) it says a lot(in a good way) about the community too when your not received with "get out of here with your shit coin shilling" lol

anyway.. apologies for sending taking the thread off-topic. :)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

We need a guy like this who sits on google or finds some tool that flags every mention of bitshares then comments. ;) 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline kodtycoon

• View Profile
I would vote you ,but I have a question ,
why you using BTS delegate pay to support 3rd part DAC that tend to share drop to bts , what they can bring to BTS?

Where did he say he was using the BTS pay to support a 3rd party DAC?

[...]
 Let's look at NXT.  NXT already has Horizon (HZ) and NEM growing from its original code
[...]

Just want to point out, Nem is completely written from scratch. afaik, not a single line of nxt's code base is being used.

Offline fuzzy

I do not need a year's worth of back bills as I didn't pay for it anywhere near that long. It might have been 1/2 a year by now.  It shouldn't come out of your personal payment, you should just split it all up by %s. Hardware/fixed bills are first then you pay it out by a percent.

Also you should examine if we could lower it to the lower tier of service and save $9 a month..

Also I would have one suggestion ! Take the audio and start posting it to youtube. Create a paragraph about what it covers. I found my time-point transcriptions easy to do as I got the editing down but that could be an overkill.  A simple 5 sentence paragraph about each episode with some key words then post it on youtube. It really doesn't take that much time after you've done all the rest of it. I meant to do it, but I find this year I must be doing more for my own direct financial interest.

Great idea to post the audio on youtube!

This is something I have really been kicking around too.  I see nothing wrong with extending our reach further.  I actually prefer Youtube over SoundCloud for "cost" reasons.  But there have been more than a few times when I've seen legitimate news stories pulled off of youtube for "copyright" violations and "terms of service" violations.  So with that said, I do not think I will be cutting the pro membership of soundcloud, but I can see the merits of posting to youtube in parallel.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I do not need a year's worth of back bills as I didn't pay for it anywhere near that long. It might have been 1/2 a year by now.  It shouldn't come out of your personal payment, you should just split it all up by %s. Hardware/fixed bills are first then you pay it out by a percent.

Also you should examine if we could lower it to the lower tier of service and save $9 a month..

Also I would have one suggestion ! Take the audio and start posting it to youtube. Create a paragraph about what it covers. I found my time-point transcriptions easy to do as I got the editing down but that could be an overkill.  A simple 5 sentence paragraph about each episode with some key words then post it on youtube. It really doesn't take that much time after you've done all the rest of it. I meant to do it, but I find this year I must be doing more for my own direct financial interest.

Great idea to post the audio on youtube!

Offline fuzzy

I do not need a year's worth of back bills as I didn't pay for it anywhere near that long. It might have been 1/2 a year by now.  It shouldn't come out of your personal payment, you should just split it all up by %s.  Hardware/fixed bills are first then you pay it out by a percent.

Thanks for the update.  That is good to know :)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 09:01:44 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

By Transcripts, I believe you are talking about what Gamey used to do for us; adding Time Flags and corresponding topics for ease of use.

Maybe I used the wrong word. I meant a readable version of the hangout.

The audio version is too slow, and while I can't speak for others at least to me the hangouts currently are of not much use to me.

A readable version of the hangouts will be easily 20-30 pages long.  I will consider this when we reach far higher marketcaps as this will be a full time job for each weekly hangout we have.

Just a thought, and it may not work.. but if someone out there maybe has Dragon Talk, they can turn on the show and have it transcribe automatically. After that it would be editing to tell who was asking a question or making a comment. Might help make it more timely if it is that essential. Thinking on that idea of essential... it could be used beneficially as search engine fooder to get more traffic too. So it does have some value beyond being convenient for some members who prefer text. It might also be easier for them to be able to take it and dump it into a translator for other languages.

Anyways not trying to give you more work to do.. but just something to keep in mind if that's something you would like to improve on.

Dragon naturally speaking is something ive already looked into. It only supports one voice and cannot even do that when other voices are present.  I wish it could..but unfortunately it doesn't.

We should always look to improve and I think we are improving...but people who think of this as a marketing effort are probably mistaken.  Public Services, unfortunately dont make the people who run them a great deal of money...but they are as essential as anything I can think of.

Unfortunately due to the last year of marketing burns amd lack of transparency has people a little on edge...and trust me I understand.  But this is meant to become something far bigger than just a n advertisement for bitShares.  This is all of you and all of those who want to join crypto communities based on DPoS..and affiliates that support our cause.  So although it is a longer term play (without the help of marketing) it helps form a community foundation that is hard to replicate any other way.

Empirical.1 made an amazing bitshares video.. It only has approximately 635 views at present.  Can we get a show of hands how many community members...or even marketing delegates have propagated this at least once on social media? 

Just featured it on BitShares Loves Puppies!

Heck yeh! 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:50:32 am by fuzzy »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

By Transcripts, I believe you are talking about what Gamey used to do for us; adding Time Flags and corresponding topics for ease of use.

The audio version is too slow, and while I can't speak for others at least to me the hangouts currently are of not much use to me.

A readable version of the hangouts will be easily 20-30 pages long.  I will consider this when we reach far higher marketcaps as this will be a full time job for each weekly hangout we have.

Just a thought, and it may not work.. but if someone out there maybe has Dragon Talk, they can turn on the show and have it transcribe automatically. After that it would be editing to tell who was asking a question or making a comment. Might help make it more timely if it is that essential. Thinking on that idea of essential... it could be used beneficially as search engine fooder to get more traffic too. So it does have some value beyond being convenient for some members who prefer text. It might also be easier for them to be able to take it and dump it into a translator for other languages.

Anyways not trying to give you more work to do.. but just something to keep in mind if that's something you would like to improve on.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Empirical.1 made an amazing bitshares video.. It only has approximately 635 views at present.  Can we get a show of hands how many community members...or even marketing delegates have propagated this at least once on social media? 

Just featured it on BitShares Loves Puppies!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

The value I see in this service is that it helps to counterbalance the stake-weighted voting by giving everyone a place where their voice is on equal footing with everyone else's voice--as long as they are willing to show up and use it.

I don't deny its an essential service. I am wondering how useful is it in its current audio only avatar.

We are still so young sumantso.  Give it time please before considering this.  Not everyone has Goldman Sachs "advisors" behind them like Ethereum and Grass Roots Stuff takes time to organically build.  :P

sumantso

The value I see in this service is that it helps to counterbalance the stake-weighted voting by giving everyone a place where their voice is on equal footing with everyone else's voice--as long as they are willing to show up and use it.

I don't deny its an essential service. I am wondering how useful is it in its current audio only avatar.

Offline fuzzy

One final note.  This delegate position has been created because I in large part paid out of pocket to great expense of myself over the past year to ensure our community had something most do not.  So in essence, this delegate keeps me from being in the RED for my efforts--and maybe provides me with approximately $100 a month after taxes.  So I do want to let people know that this is not an easy task and it is severely underpaid and will continue to be so even at 10x the current marketcap (because the workload will substantially increase as marketcap increases).  I promise I am not simply taking our community's funds and gambling them away.  In fact, this is going to likely be the only source of my own personal investment in BTS as I move forward because I can no longer afford to buy cryptocurrencies with the income I make from my real world job.

I doubt anybody thinks that you're taking anything, Fuzzy. In fact, in my proposals for separation of block producers and employees I had mentioned (more than twice) that there should be an option to reward volunteers like you; for some reason I had in my head that you were reluctant to run a delegate.
I was reluctant to run a delegate for multiple reasons.  In all honesty I still am...but I realize that if I'm going to help grow this, capital is needed...and relying on tips is a no-go. 

My question was more to whether the service is cost effective. Currently a few join in and a few more get the time to listen to it. Is it worth the price? I don't know.
It is so early in the game for anyone to have a clue how cost effective it is.  In fact, it is pretty hard to tell with a service like this because it has been around since very near the official launch of PTS. 
As far as the cost-effectiveness.  I wonder if CSPAN has metrics on this or has a way to figure it out.  As I see it, as we begin having marketing amp up...and begin pushing our content around on social media and the blogosphere, that we will see it is valuable.  I will have to look more into it, but I am almost certain that it is funded by tax payers and by sponsors. 
I actually believe that "Beyond Bitcoin" should not be under "marketing" because it gives it the wrong feel.  I think we should have our own subforum because I see it as a movement and a public service that must take root and grow throughout all of the BitShares Ecosystem...and probably in a few other ecosystems as well.  The power and value of that lies in us being able to someday, a long time from now...offer these to the public saying "Beyond Bitcoin is Proudly 'Powered by BitShares'"

Btw, I have the same question for all the big videos being churned out by Max. Everybody on here seems to love them, but are they being listened to by those outside the community? Would that resource have been better served to make small info videos targeted at, well, various targets for our products?
I think marketing delegates should be focusing on doing what RGCrypto has talked about many times.  We need an affiliate network.  We need people creating content...and we need people propagating that content--and we need those on both sides to profit from it.  Currently it seems most people are still thinking that they need to start from the ground up when in fact I believe it would be far more effective for the marketing teams to focus on using the content we are already creating and pushing it out to as wide an audience as possible in as many forms as possible.  Recycle Content! 
The problem here is that we are not really working together as much as we need to.  We are still in an implicit "competition phase" when to be honest our delegates' fees are not enough for anyone to compete over.  The community could be so much more effective if we spent half the time we spend trying to find problems, just doing something positive. 

I'm not trying to come across as mean or callous when I say this, of course.  I'm simply saying it comes down to this:  Divided we fall; United we Stand.  I want to be United...Let's work together to propagate this content and our movement!  Let the advertisers do what they do!  For instance...Let's take someone else for example:  Empirical.1 made an amazing bitshares video.. It only has approximately 635 views at present.  Can we get a show of hands how many community members...or even marketing delegates have propagated this at least once on social media? 

Imagine if we spent the amount of time these posts have taken us...propagating that one video.  How many more views do you think Empirical's awesome content would get?  What if we pledged to take 5 minutes once a week as a community to each propagate this single video in at least one new place on the internet with a link to our forums or the bitshares.org sites...

When we stop asking if something is cost effective (and thus the unavoidable implication that it might not be worth doing or paying for), and start passing these ideas around (which is what humans are born to do!) through our content...I guarantee it will become far more cost effective.  When we are at a marketcap like Ripple's, I think your points on cost-effectiveness will be far more valid...but until we have far more funding at our disposal this necessarily must still be a grass roots thing. 

Don't get me wrong now sumantso...I don't disagree with you that we should be asking questions.  I'm simply saying we should try our best to also ask questions about how we can all contribute as well.  I do my best to reward those who contribute without asking for anything in return precisely because I know how valuable it is to building something Real.  Let's not be so concerned with building Hype as building something powerful and Real, and showing people that they can all take part in it...and empower both the platform and themselves. ;)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:30:55 pm by fuzzy »

sumantso

One final note.  This delegate position has been created because I in large part paid out of pocket to great expense of myself over the past year to ensure our community had something most do not.  So in essence, this delegate keeps me from being in the RED for my efforts--and maybe provides me with approximately $100 a month after taxes.  So I do want to let people know that this is not an easy task and it is severely underpaid and will continue to be so even at 10x the current marketcap (because the workload will substantially increase as marketcap increases).  I promise I am not simply taking our community's funds and gambling them away.  In fact, this is going to likely be the only source of my own personal investment in BTS as I move forward because I can no longer afford to buy cryptocurrencies with the income I make from my real world job.

I doubt anybody thinks that you're taking anything, Fuzzy. In fact, in my proposals for separation of block producers and employees I had mentioned (more than twice) that there should be an option to reward volunteers like you; for some reason I had in my head that you were reluctant to run a delegate.

My question was more to whether the service is cost effective. Currently a few join in and a few more get the time to listen to it. Is it worth the price? I don't know.

Btw, I have the same question for all the big videos being churned out by Max. Everybody on here seems to love them, but are they being listened to by those outside the community? Would that resource have been better served to make small info videos targeted at, well, various targets for our products?