Author Topic: assistance required to grasp PoS.  (Read 2548 times)

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Yes I read your white paper about an hour ago. Helped but i'm looking for something realllly simplified just to visualise it first, then add some complexity to it.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I've watched bitcoin under the hood, the blackboard series and the khan academy series on bitcoin. I've got a pretty good grasp on the technical side of it...  I'm no coder though!

Now what i don't get is how proof of stake works. Does anyone know of a good explanation floating somewhere online? Video, article, thread?
Something basic, 101, for dummies.

Thanks in advance!

There is no single proof-of-stake system.   I have a white paper in Transactions as Proof of Stake posted on this forum. 

I recommend googling 'Ripple Consensus Video' for a tutorial on how Ripple operates without Proof of Work.  We will be combining both strategies (Consensus + Proof of Stake)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
I've watched bitcoin under the hood, the blackboard series and the khan academy series on bitcoin. I've got a pretty good grasp on the technical side of it...  I'm no coder though!

Now what i don't get is how proof of stake works. Does anyone know of a good explanation floating somewhere online? Video, article, thread?
Something basic, 101, for dummies.

Thanks in advance!