Author Topic: [Delegate] fund.bitsharesbreakout 100% - Project Funding & Liquidity  (Read 26767 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Great idea
Objective : To fund critical projects on an as needed basis without waiting for delegate funds to accrue.

Initially, as a show of good faith, there will be 1.5 Million BTS available for funding projects.

and I'd say that's (stunningly) more than just a show of good faith!

Great beginning to the website as well.

+5%  Brilliant! This is so useful.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Great idea
Objective : To fund critical projects on an as needed basis without waiting for delegate funds to accrue.

Initially, as a show of good faith, there will be 1.5 Million BTS available for funding projects.

Yup, absolutely amazing+5% +5% +5%

1.5 million goes a looong way to many of the things we are going to need.

Especially now that our market cap is going to go through the roof. :D

Not sure I have ever been this bullish on BitShares   :o

Offline gyhy

• View Profile

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
 +5%

Epic!

Much gratitude for bringing this to the table!  8)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline mira

• View Profile
Great idea

Xeldal

Yes, I think this is very much needed. It is a pretty high entry barrier to run a delegate and get voted in.

+5% For your generosity and the work you already put into the website. You definitely have my vote.

I've been hearing rumblings of desire for such a thing for awhile.  Lately it has come up almost every day.  We'll see what people want to do about it.

btw like the minimal but clean design ...

Thanks Cass, it means a lot to hear that from you.  I'm still learning how to put them together and not able yet to make it exactly like I envision it to be, but slowly figuring it out.   Thankfully, I don't think a site like this needs to be too complicated.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Yes, I think this is very much needed. It is a pretty high entry barrier to run a delegate and get voted in.

+5% For your generosity and the work you already put into the website. You definitely have my vote.

Xeldal

Anyone can start submitting project proposals now.  If approved, and BitsharesBreakout is elected, the funds will start flowing.
1.5 Million BTS is not a lot but its roughly 1 years worth of delegate pay.  By electing BitsharesBreakout you're making those much needed funds available now.

Update: I've begun funding projects before getting elected.   
In addition, Community members can support specific projects by sending donations to:
BTS: bitsharesbreakout

with a memo of the desired project to support. 

These donation will be payed back in a first in first out manner as delegate funds are receive. 
Note: there is no guarantee the delegate will be elected and therefor no guarantee your donations will be refunded.   

Funds Flow:
  10% will be kept by BitsharesBreakout to cover expenses and compensate my time and service.
90% will be used to fund projects and/or repay pre-funded projects
Any funds received in excess of funded projects will be burned unless there is some reason to accumulate for a larger project.

Because BitsharesBreakout is prefunding with 1.5 million BTS. 
The community essentially has 1 year to evaluate the performance of BitsharesBreakout and its sponsored projects.

If at anytime it is deemed that BitsharesBreakout is not acting honestly or hasn't produced quality results with spent funds. 
BTS voters can remove the delegate and BitsharesBreakout will take the loss.

At this time I am the sole controlling member of BitsharesBreakout, and I consider the entire community my advisers. 
All major projects requiring a large sum, will likely be discussed with community members thoroughly before funding. 

Some initial examples of possible/probable projects that will receive funding:
Exchange integration
Gateway development
Developer incentives
Marketing projects/materials

I fully expect most submitted project proposals will not be accepted, as I am looking for high quality, critically important projects to fund.

Please visit http://bitsharesbreakout.com and submit you project for review.
*bear in mind I am not a web developer so the site is nothing fancy and currently lacking some functionality/content.

Please vote now and support this delegate : fund.bitsharesbreakout

http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates/delegate?name=fund.bitsharesbreakout

feedback is welcomed and encouraged.  Thanks.

UPDATE: Introducing the Breakout Bot
I've built a bot that is currently making 12 different markets across 6 different exchanges.
By voting for fund.bitsharesbreakout , the delegate funds will add liquidity across these markets.  Any profits made from bot arbitrage will be applied to the fund to repay its donors and enhance funding for other Breakout sponsored projects.  BitsharesBreakout is guaranteeing the funds balance to never be less than what is received via delegate pay, meaning any losses due to the bots trading activities will not affect the total available to the fund.   

Community Donation Support:

* onceuponatime
* cass
* bitscape
* Aloha
* pheonike

Thank You!

UPDATES
Update#1: Funded projects : Rap Song & Info-Graphics
Update#2: Funded projects : Raffle Giveaway
Update#3: Introducing the Breakout Bot
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 06:39:11 pm by Xeldal »