Author Topic: [Delegate] fund.bitsharesbreakout 100% - Project Funding & Liquidity  (Read 26757 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Great work! i'll send some funds later on!  +5%

pls consider to push this on eastern community also!
Especially the INFO GFX task ... i'll contact cn-members about…

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Xeldal

Great initiative!! Especially if the focus will be on high quality projects! Be selective!  +5%

How do you think paying these projects will mostly be handled: BTS, BitAssets or fiat?

As much as possible I'd like it to be handled in BTS as this makes my accounting much easier and the receiver obviously can convert as needed.

So far everything has been done in BTS.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Great initiative!! Especially if the focus will be on high quality projects! Be selective!  +5%

How do you think paying these projects will mostly be handled: BTS, BitAssets or fiat?

Xeldal

A quick update on the current state of project funding via BitsharesBreakout

We've had a couple very promising projects come up, that I believe are worth the money spent.  The objective of fund.bitsharesbreakout is to provide these projects with the necessary means to get started quickly without waiting for delegate funds to accrue.  My initial plan was to have a list of projects waiting to receive funding and wait until the delegate fund.bitsharesbreakout got elected.  However, I wanted to push this even one step further.  I've decided to preemptively fund these projects before that happens.  We are at a time where we can not wait any longer to get some high quality material out there.  I hope you can appreciate the projects we've got started and take a moment and vote for fund.bitsharesbreakout.

Project: Rap Song
Gamey has headed up an initiative to have the artist Toby create some music for BitShares

If you don't remember the "Welcome to the Blockchain" song check it out here: http://tobymusic.bandcamp.com/

fund.bitsharesbreakout has elected to fund this project as the value for the money is very high in my opinion.  Work has already begun.

The total cost of this project is $500 and half as a deposit has already been sent tx:ID a8bdc4aa

Project: Info-Graphics
Bitscape and Cass have been researching and looking into a graphic design artists to collaborate with and work on producing high quality, professional info-graphics.

They have decided to go with Arlene Birt.  You can check out her work at http://www.backgroundstories.com/

Arlene has agreed to work with us on retainer for a very modest monthly fee of $2500 for as long as necessary.

The initial deposit of $1250 has already been sent  txID:  098cf3d2  and we can expect work to begin in short order.

Various Community members have decided to donate funds to BitsharesBreakout to assist in making these projects possible.  I have agreed to repay these contributors as delegate funds are received.  I'll extend the same offer to the rest of the community.  If you would like to contribute to these projects you can send donations to BTS : bitsharesbreakout    , please be sure to include a memo for which project you are donating to (ie.  "toby" or "Arlene" )   Understand that these are no strings attached donations.  When / If the delegate fund.bitsharesbreakout is elected I will begin to refund these donations on a first in first out basis.  (donations under $1 will not be refunded.  : )

These projects are vital to the success and adoption of BitShares and cannot happen without your support.  Please take a moment and vote for fund.bitsharesbreakout 

Thanks!

fund.bitsharesbreakout
  bitsharesbreakout

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:17:14 pm by Xeldal »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Yes I made a post in your thread on Nullstreet.

When I am not going out of my way to be thorough, thoroughness is not my strong point. :)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Xeldal

Yes I made a post in your thread on Nullstreet.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I was told you would fund Toby's blockchain song?  I'm not seeing it here but it seems very likely given your proposal.  We're looking to pay him out of community funds. He is actually a user here from 2013 ! "evolvo".  I think he is happy to do a rap for us for $500.  "Welcome to the blockchain" tobygranger should google up the song he made. We'd have him do a bitshares themed one. The blockchain rap wars are just starting. :(
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Get your votes in, 1.5 Million BTS being offered upfront!  This should be voted in double time.

I heartily agree !!

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Get your votes in, 1.5 Million BTS being offered upfront!  This should be voted in double time.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Xeldal

Very good idea. This should cut down the ramp up funding of ideas and allow them to get off the ground faster.

When I click the submit proposal button nothing happens? The contact link also returns a error.

Working on those.  The submit proposal button should bring up an email dialog in the meantime.

Fantastic initiative!

One possible category of funding help you might consider is aiding an occasional poor but worthy delegate with a registration fee loan?

Absolutely.  Basically anything you can imagine that needs some kind of funding, large or small.  In all cases if the project itself is able to pay off its own debt over time, that works just as well.  I'd certainly be more inclined to sponsor such a case if that were part of the deal.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Fantastic initiative!

One possible category of funding help you might consider is aiding an occasional poor but worthy delegate with a registration fee loan?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Very good idea. This should cut down the ramp up funding of ideas and allow them to get off the ground faster.

When I click the submit proposal button nothing happens? The contact link also returns a error.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:53:37 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thanks Cass, it means a lot to hear that from you.  I'm still learning how to put them together and not able yet to make it exactly like I envision it to be, but slowly figuring it out.   

Same way i've started with learning how to design etc.!  +5% +5% Pls continue!!!

Thankfully, I don't think a site like this needs to be too complicated.

IMO a good site must not be complicated, so you nailed it :)

Voted and good luck for your proposal!
If you i can help you with anything for your project pls don't hesitate to contact me anytime!

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█