Author Topic: What if I have 11% of BTS and I am malicious?  (Read 4405 times)

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
I think a lot of people are currently not voting out of convenience. Once there is a serious attack, that puts their investment at risk they would probably get their sh** together.

Despite that I would expect drastically increased voting participation once there is a more usable wallet and offline transaction signing.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
With 11% of stake, I can obtain about 65 delegate positions. If I attempt to use these 65 delegates maliciously to make profit, what happens? I'm asking because many people keep asking me about this and I cannot fully understand this process.

Thanks in advance

You mean like, what if someone put a gun to Bytemaster's head who controls 15% of the supply? :)

He doesn't control that much though, especially after the severance packages he paid out to the core developers. More like 8% imo..

Edit: From recent voting history I can say BM's current active voting power is only about 5.7%. He may of course control more funds, especially vested funds, but that's what he's been using recently to vote at least.

It means that someone will need a few more guns to control the other devs' heads.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline svk

With 11% of stake, I can obtain about 65 delegate positions. If I attempt to use these 65 delegates maliciously to make profit, what happens? I'm asking because many people keep asking me about this and I cannot fully understand this process.

Thanks in advance

You mean like, what if someone put a gun to Bytemaster's head who controls 15% of the supply? :)

He doesn't control that much though, especially after the severance packages he paid out to the core developers. More like 8% imo..

Edit: From recent voting history I can say BM's current active voting power is only about 5.7%. He may of course control more funds, especially vested funds, but that's what he's been using recently to vote at least.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:43:03 am by svk »
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Thanks in advance

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It's essentially a 51%-attack of the "total voting-stake" ..
countermeasure, as BTSdac stated, would be to increase the "total voting-stake" by encouraging people to vote

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

Thanks in advance
we should consider how to encourage people to vote more.

github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Thanks in advance
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop