Author Topic: Overstock Communications Director re Medici "some kind of USD coin"  (Read 3987 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Medici won't even be run on Counterparty. TBH I don't really see the advantage of putting fully regulated real world stocks on a blockchain anyway, all i can possibly imagine it'll do is to make stock trading less private. So now everyone, not just the NSA, will be able to figure out what you invest in.
A huge advantage you are missing is that you do not need to maintain "the books" and records .. that's done by the blockchain .. though this approach comes with it's own issues (security, ...)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Medici won't even be run on Counterparty. TBH I don't really see the advantage of putting fully regulated real world stocks on a blockchain anyway, all i can possibly imagine it'll do is to make stock trading less private. So now everyone, not just the NSA, will be able to figure out what you invest in.

Offline davidpbrown

See 6 minutes in, within talk of developing Overstock's Stock Exchange Overstock Communications Director re Medici: Most users will "have to exchange dollars into some kind of USD coin"

Any chance that could become BitShares bitUSD?.. Might need to be proactive engaging them before they make their own, which I guess by default would be some token on CounterParty. Perhaps they won't have a good peg sorted out which might give BitShares an edge?

Also interesting @10:40 Overstock Communications Director re ambitions.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:35:43 pm by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc