Author Topic: Bitshares How-To Series #1 - Install Client and Get bitUSD with BTC  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Riverhead

Very nice demo. I say re-shoot it with a higher quality image (a little less...fuzzy). This type of video is much needed.

Thank you. It was shot in HD but the demo video above was not submitted to youtube as such. Methodx has posted them on whatisbitusd.com in 720p (once is still low but I've asked him to update it too).

I am open to suggestions for other tutorials.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Very nice demo. I say re-shoot it with a higher quality image (a little less...fuzzy). This type of video is much needed.

Offline Riverhead

Nice job! Next time record in HD.  :)

Also, make sure you don't ever store significant amounts of money with the riverheaddemo1 account in any future demos. You revealed the encrypted master key in the video and the fact that your passphrase is only 11 characters long (you also claimed the passphrase was "demo wallet" which I haven't bothered to check if it is or not but the 11 character long passphrase could be trivially cracked anyway). So you should proceed in the future under the assumption that the master key for that wallet is compromised (meaning assume any future accounts made with that same wallet to be compromised as well).

Check the videos on whatisbitusd.com. They are in HD. What was shared was a promo for feedback.

The wallet is a throwaway. Sheesh, give me some credit haha :).

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Nice job! Next time record in HD.  :)

Also, make sure you don't ever store significant amounts of money with the riverheaddemo1 account in any future demos. You revealed the encrypted master key in the video and the fact that your passphrase is only 11 characters long (you also claimed the passphrase was "demo wallet" which I haven't bothered to check if it is or not but the 11 character long passphrase could be trivially cracked anyway). So you should proceed in the future under the assumption that the master key for that wallet is compromised (meaning assume any future accounts made with that same wallet to be compromised as well).

Offline matt608

• View Profile
It's good!  Adding subtitles or a different voice over for other languages is something that comes to mind.  I'll find out about a Spanish language voice over.

Offline mira

• View Profile

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
This type of how to video is much needed. Excellent job!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Nice.  Already started linking to it from posts on bitcointalk.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead

This is the first of a series of how-to videos I'm making. These will be posted to methodx's whatisbitusd.com. Feedback welcome; I have thick skin :) .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBhxEFhnmYw

UPDATE: This is a 720p version.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:50:53 am by Riverhead »