Author Topic: [Delegate proposal] martin-38ptswarrior-raum  (Read 37242 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

sumantso

Wanted to mention it here, we are trying to promote our products, not BitShares itself.

Carry on ....

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
As I told him a couple of days back (skype) I don't want any portion of the registration fee back... YES he insisted to sent me at least the half back and I agreed.
I can confirm to the community that I was one of the main reason's Martin took the decision to run a delegate with my help now.
But the last thing I want is to add to Martin more stress! Believe me he has enough everyday on the streets...
So honestly I will accept from him part of the reg. fees only if/when he get elected.

I really still think his efforts are valuable to the bitshares project and I really thing his passion and his work trying to promote bitshares are great.
I don't know how efficient his efforts will be ... I just have a feeling that he brings indirectly better results than most of us right now...
And let me explain.... for example his videos can definitely inspire/motivate some of us or some of future viewers/supporters... (That was the case at least for me)...
I see a passionated Man that has minimum tools and funds to run a business, but he still gives his best, and he is in action every single day! YES that motivates me personally to contribute much more... I have so much more tools, I have more funds than him, YES I definitely can give more than I do right now...
I am definitely thankful to you Martin , keep up the good work and the results will come for sure sooner or later  ;)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Fun with some real life action :D

I'd say focus on interviewing people for youtube! (English too!)

You can only talk to x amount of people in a day,
but your videos can be watched by tens of thousands of people.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
come on !Effort is rewarding!
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
maybe in this case it would make more sense to let someone else run a delegate for your .. exchange the BTS into bitUSD/bitEUR and transfer a fixed amount to you .. kind of like a payed service ..
I could also think of DACx to maybe fund you: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13428.0

38PTSWarrior

I have no skills to answer to posts that are complex and am very insecure. I discussed with liondani what would be a good payrate and we both didn*t know, and how the community would react. But the plan is to see the reaction and then react accordingly. I told many people about BTS, from all ages and countries. This is valueable but I can imagine not as much as mass marketing through the Internet which was never my plan. I only made the videos to gain trust in order to work with the charity delegates. Now I have to stay optimistic because I made this decission even I didn*t ask anyone to help me with the delegate, it was offered to me by liondani. I am thankful for that because I wanted to do this since the dry-runs anyway.

I share the costs with liondani, although I couldn*t send anything because my hardware is not strong enough.

That DPOS is not for charity, we discussed it, but I saw that xeroc and liondani do it and didn*t think it would be a problem, if I keep showing that I really help people who have no other help and are lost. Almost as me. I have no apartment since 4 months and no privacy. Only yesterday I was alone in the room and used the time to call the psy-helpline after I realized again how weak I am in communicating and forum discussion. I suffer because no one gives me help to rent a room. That*s why I went to the welfare office and what I experienced there was total crap. I give all my energy to abolish this shit even it will take some time, but we will get there.

Now I will go out and just continue with the flyers. Thank you for your support and honest replies _everyone_!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Meh. The reason I brought this up is because I wasn't sure who was paying the delegate registration fee.  1/3 of a Delegate is reasonable but I *knew* people wouldn't like it and frankly I can understand why.

From a value marketing perspective it is not there without putting in work on making better videos.

Thats the bad part though.  Martin seems to have more heart than most of the people around here.  I hate to see him not be elected.  I wish it was something like 15%.  I'd like to see him continue his videos but without a great deal of work it would be hard to make anything viral.  You have to want to be internet famous and really do something special. While I appreciate Martin's work it is more of just his art if you will.  I was the one who pushed him to make videos.  Just some guy, loving BitShares, showing us a little peak into his life. For me personally that makes him far better than most youtuber's, but then I also know others won't see it in the same light.

Also for people who live in China it might be seen as really wasteful.  While it is enough for Martin to live off of, it is likely a lot of money for many Chinese people.  Therein is also part of the problem.  Regardless if you have a Delegate, I'll vote for you Martin.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
Well, even though it is not 100% pay, if not putting into good use, 1/3 of a fullpay delegate amount is still being wasted.

Like BM said, we are still at bootstrapping phase, delegates that *really* add value to BTS should be prioritised in the list.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Guys, please be reminded that we are talking about a 38% payrate .. dilution is low with this one ..

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
i think a delegate slot could be put for better use.
so sorry but a no from me.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
You need to be a lot more convincing of what value you are adding to the bitshares project in order to get my vote.

If he would asking to get elected with a 5% payrate, with the same proposal? Would you vote for him?

Martin has enthusiasm and a kind heart. He would make an excellent employee of a more experienced delegate (perhaps in the beginning doing such things as handing out fliers at meetups/conventions, taking videos at same, etc.) while he acquires the skills to do delegate level work on his own.

Since there are to be only 101 delegates, it will soon be a waste of opportunity to have someone running a 5% delegate. So no, I would not vote for that (my voting power is very far from being outcome determinative, however, - so he can certainally campaign for others' votes and possibly win). In my opinion, delegate positions should all soon go to persons confident they can productively utilize a 100% pay rate and, as the market value goes up, be confident that they can hire others in order to produce even more value adding work.

It is my opinion that his proposal does not demonstrate the skills and experience to add more value than others to the bitshares ecosystem in a free competition  vying for these soon to be coveted positions.

But he would make an excellent employee for undertaking certain projects for other delegates or stakeholders as he works on acquiring more skills and confidence. I would hire him on an occasional basis to go to and hand out fliers at meetups/conventions or at internet cafes, universities, etc. Handing out fliers to street people is not productive to bitshares (again, in my opinion). However laudable a street ministry may be, it should be funded by his own earned resources or solicited donations and not by taxation on the bitshares stakeholders.

Ah .... no , there will be plenty of 3% and 5% delegates , because 101 of 100% delegates will be a no go for the market , and the market will reduce the actual value of the delegate pay , so every delegates earns less , including the developers .

1-2% dilution rate , that's the market's current limit , judging by the situation and funding and acceptance .

This rate is gonna change , if BTS * 10 and to the moon , we may need all 100% delegates , of course . But until then , 1-2% is the hard line that the market won't be happy to accept .

By the way , delegate is not an steady job , there will not be a "waste opportunity" because no one owns an iron bowl here . So if there are real talent come in , competition alone should push out those who are not as talent as them . There are no safe spot here .

Sooner or later , delegates will be filled by those owns a team to perform multiple function at once , if the income is good enough and the competition from all over the world raises .

I don't think we disagree on anything. I have always stated to potential delegates that I would withdraw my vote if they don't perform (no iron rice bowls).

Yes, there will be 3% and 5% delegates until qualified candidates come along that add more value to the bitshares network than they consume at the higher payrates. I agree with you. I just hope it is sooner rather than later. And I think it will be. The market will not punish but rather reward a full 101 100% delegates if they are all adding more value then they consume (in that case bitshares will be in a rapid growth phase).

Martin was not proposing a 3% payrate for himself to run a bare bones tech delegate (he even says himself that he does not as yet have the chops for that). And he certainly wasn't campaigning to run a 5% paymaster delegate where he does the technical and pays out the remaining funds to a value adding partner. Again, he has yet to acquire the necessary skills.

So where do we disagree?

oh . mainly ,  I disagree on the point that somehow a person can take a "spot" and thus "waste" an opportunity just because the delegate only has 101 spot  .

I deem this whole process to be dynamic  , so by competition it will reach it's best and thus no "spot" will be wasted since nobody is taking a spot just serving in it .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline onceuponatime

You need to be a lot more convincing of what value you are adding to the bitshares project in order to get my vote.

If he would asking to get elected with a 5% payrate, with the same proposal? Would you vote for him?

Martin has enthusiasm and a kind heart. He would make an excellent employee of a more experienced delegate (perhaps in the beginning doing such things as handing out fliers at meetups/conventions, taking videos at same, etc.) while he acquires the skills to do delegate level work on his own.

Since there are to be only 101 delegates, it will soon be a waste of opportunity to have someone running a 5% delegate. So no, I would not vote for that (my voting power is very far from being outcome determinative, however, - so he can certainally campaign for others' votes and possibly win). In my opinion, delegate positions should all soon go to persons confident they can productively utilize a 100% pay rate and, as the market value goes up, be confident that they can hire others in order to produce even more value adding work.

It is my opinion that his proposal does not demonstrate the skills and experience to add more value than others to the bitshares ecosystem in a free competition  vying for these soon to be coveted positions.

But he would make an excellent employee for undertaking certain projects for other delegates or stakeholders as he works on acquiring more skills and confidence. I would hire him on an occasional basis to go to and hand out fliers at meetups/conventions or at internet cafes, universities, etc. Handing out fliers to street people is not productive to bitshares (again, in my opinion). However laudable a street ministry may be, it should be funded by his own earned resources or solicited donations and not by taxation on the bitshares stakeholders.

Ah .... no , there will be plenty of 3% and 5% delegates , because 101 of 100% delegates will be a no go for the market , and the market will reduce the actual value of the delegate pay , so every delegates earns less , including the developers .

1-2% dilution rate , that's the market's current limit , judging by the situation and funding and acceptance .

This rate is gonna change , if BTS * 10 and to the moon , we may need all 100% delegates , of course . But until then , 1-2% is the hard line that the market won't be happy to accept .

By the way , delegate is not an steady job , there will not be a "waste opportunity" because no one owns an iron bowl here . So if there are real talent come in , competition alone should push out those who are not as talent as them . There are no safe spot here .

Sooner or later , delegates will be filled by those owns a team to perform multiple function at once , if the income is good enough and the competition from all over the world raises .

I don't think we disagree on anything. I have always stated to potential delegates that I would withdraw my vote if they don't perform (no iron rice bowls).

Yes, there will be 3% and 5% delegates until qualified candidates come along that add more value to the bitshares network than they consume at the higher payrates. I agree with you. I just hope it is sooner rather than later. And I think it will be. The market will not punish but rather reward a full 101 100% delegates if they are all adding more value then they consume (in that case bitshares will be in a rapid growth phase).

Martin was not proposing a 3% payrate for himself to run a bare bones tech delegate (he even says himself that he does not as yet have the chops for that). And he certainly wasn't campaigning to run a 5% paymaster delegate where he does the technical and pays out the remaining funds to a value adding partner. Again, he has yet to acquire the necessary skills.

So where do we disagree?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline onceuponatime