Author Topic: The owner of the account "bter" is a canadians  (Read 9148 times)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
it would be great if Bytemaster or toast can develop some ways to prevent same issue happening again. Can we vote out or block suspect's account?

I don't think anything can do on the blockchain level . But the GUI level maybe doable .
Recommended blacklist each end user dicide to if use
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline onceuponatime

We collected all the info we had (all from public sources not magical deanonymization backdoors) and gave it to the victims to do whatever they want with it. That's all developers should be doing.

I didn't get this information.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
it would be great if Bytemaster or toast can develop some ways to prevent same issue happening again. Can we vote out or block suspect's account?

I don't think anything can do on the blockchain level . But the GUI level maybe doable .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline iamabtsgirl

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We collected all the info we had (all from public sources not magical deanonymization backdoors) and gave it to the victims to do whatever they want with it. That's all developers should be doing.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Rolling back the blockchain wtf? I can't do that
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
agreed with you.

Btw ,if toast can roll back the block-chain record for victim  would be great 
I'd rather see those who were tricked made whole and the userID burned (I really wish there was some way to re-map the userID's) than learning the thief's real world ID.
Restitution and avoiding future occurrences are of higher importance, IMO.

That's a bad idea since blockchain is not suppose to be modified .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline iamabtsgirl

• View Profile
agreed with you.

Btw ,if toast can roll back the block-chain record for victim  would be great 
I'd rather see those who were tricked made whole and the userID burned (I really wish there was some way to re-map the userID's) than learning the thief's real world ID.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+5%

All other solutions other than this ultimately do nothing for the victims.. which is why financial crimes are so attractive.. no matter what the outcome it never seems to be about giving the money back unfortunately.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I read the source code and found we can  use (blockchain_get_transaction 'original open account transaction id') to get " Balance id" information that will show which account pay for opening the account.  But still not able to get enough evidence to locate a real offline ppl. what if both suspects account were paid by a same faucet account . Is "bter"  an  inactive account ?? and also how to prove "bter" is a scammed account. bter  was created before btercom was created.... just my 2cent

Some Chinese reported to me that some guy posted a picture containing the exact amount of number the victim transferred . And the photo they provided has timestamp around the time when the victim sent out the transaction . After he received the fund , he made several transaction out , so there is no dispute that this guy know exactly that money came from bter account .

(he even intentionally block the field on the photo where the sender's and receiver's name should be displayed . And he told the Chinese guys that he just bought it days ago . ) .

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
By burning his userID, do you mean change the source code to disable sending coins to him?

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline iamabtsgirl

• View Profile
I read the source code and found we can  use (blockchain_get_transaction 'original open account transaction id') to get " Balance id" information that will show which account pay for opening the account.  But still not able to get enough evidence to locate a real offline ppl. what if both suspects account were paid by a same faucet account . Is "bter"  an  inactive account ?? and also how to prove "bter" is a scammed account. bter  was created before btercom was created.... just my 2cent

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I agree with Newmine, what you gonna do when you made a "case" anyway?