Author Topic: About Task Forces - Why this is here and what this is all about.  (Read 1369 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Over the next couple weeks I'm going to ask the mods to kill this forum.  It really isn't going anywhere and is largely just duplicated effort that clouds the frontpage of this forum.  Null Street has done a far better job than this effort. I'm going to go through and see if there is any value and perhaps something that needs to be cleaned up/reused.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I just want to say that giving too many upvotes on reddit looks bad too.  I'd say if the comment has got +2 or +3 it doesn't need any extra upvotes unless it's an unusually brilliant comment that might warrant a few more.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Well welcome to the Task Forces forum.  The idea here is that you can help a task-force by clicking on the thread, and reading the last few posts to see what and where your posting is requested. (As an example)  One sub-forum where we try to keep all things where community can help in one place.  It will not just be posting elsewhere, but all manner of help.

The idea here is to enable community effort (crowd-sourcing).  Perhaps you are bored one night and instead of reading your regular Saturday Evening Post, you decide to post on your Saturday evening about Bitshares X !  Well how do you find where to post ?  That is the problem we are trying to solve without a 3rd party site.

I would create more TASKFORCE threads, but I am hoping to start seeing the current ones adopted a bit more.

Everyone is encouraged to create TASKFORCE threads if they can think of something that needs to be done and what step 1 is.  This is the only requirement.  The step could be "join my facebook group".  "Research X & Y".  "Help me edit my bitshares paper at http://googledocs"  I just want every thread to have a call to action of some form that is actionable or have it marked [CLOSED].

Rules to maintain value and order :)
-------
For the top most forum I want only threads that each have one TASKFORCE or some other community endeavor.  It doesn't even need to be named TASKFORCE.  The idea is to have a list of threads each with its own purpose and approach.

In bump/upvote threads, I ask that you only post bumps or upvotes.  I will readily delete posts that do not obey this rule and send annoying pms politely asking you to not do it in the future.

Other taskforces will have discussions about what people need to do.  That is fine.  It really is up to the person who creates the TASKFORCE how they wish to organize it.  Their general rules and info should be put in the OP. Private groups will need to be organized elsewhere, but a TASKFORCE can be created her asking people to contact the organizer (for example).

If you are not sure what the first step is and have no plan, then perhaps start a discussion elsewhere.  Once you have it figured out, create TASKFORCE thread that has instructions and your general rules and expectations for the thread.  If your thread grows too big and spans multiple subjects we can have a sub-forum made for your taskforce.  BE THE FIRST !

Last rule is have fun.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:25:20 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.