Author Topic: What's actually going on?  (Read 5173 times)

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Without a relatively high end computer bitshares is not even usable right now. Certainly been that way for me over past few months and others I see. I can't recommend bitshares to friends yet but I am patient and know there is lots of intelligent people here working very hard.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:22:33 am by LRENZ »
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Ok so we need the following

- A roadmap graphic
- A comprehesive website maybe new bitshares.org will be it
- Subforum for web/mobile/light weight clients development

Please chime in with more points

We should make a roadmap with specific deadlines, however we are still really early in the development of Bitshares. Its only been 6 months since we actually launched the BTS wallet.

I think right now we need to focus on the community. We need die hard early adopters right now who are on the forums actively voting with their stake, brainstorming ideas, helping new users, supporting new projects etc.

Its the community that will really determine whether BTS is a success.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

- A roadmap graphic

Maybe the subforum should be for projects in general (clients, plugins, stores, etc) so everyone can show what they're doing and people can help/support

I agree what should this forum be called ?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

- A roadmap graphic

Maybe the subforum should be for projects in general (clients, plugins, stores, etc) so everyone can show what they're doing and people can help/support
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

- A roadmap graphic

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

maybe it is hard to gather all the progress, but we can encourage people to register program and update progress on one tool. A small list tool may help.
And we can even create a new board for program discuss. Web wallet may be listed as a sub-board under it.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
maybe it is hard to gather all the progress, but we can encourage people to register program and update progress on one tool. A small list tool may help.

Offline GaltReport

+5% for roadmap and financial report for existing development/marketing efforts.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Hope there is a page show all the programs and the progresses.
(The web wallet is the most important one! )

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Yeah nice but it doesn't even say what its counting down to really. Very vague.

I think a lot of you have forgotten how to look at all this from a normal persons perspective that is new to this technology.

It is counting down to the relaunch of the website, and some PR campaign stuff.

1.0 should release a few weeks later probably.

I know that because of digging around in threads on here. My point was people that don't have time to visit to forum for hours don't have a clue what's going on and planned for the future.

I'm not hating I'm just pointing out this area needs looking at from marketing perspective asap.

This is valuable feedback. Thank you. I think this is one of BitShares main marketing problems.

Despite its complete transparency, BitShares works like an insiders only club where only a 100 or so people really know what's going on.

The forum stats (new members, posts, topics) are steadily declining month on month as it's hard for new people to try grasp everything or feel like they want to get involved and contribute.

Possible ideas -

- What is BitShares? A 5 minute video or few pages that clearly explains what BitShares is & gets people excited about it.
- A delegate site that makes it easy to see who the currently paid delegates are, even those in the top  200 and what they are working on.
- BitShares News. A weekly news show < 5 minutes, that lets you keep up to speed with what's happening in BitShares without having to navigate the forums and try to extract the nuggets yourself.

It's not an easy task though, NXT have tried to create a visual overview of their system on one page and it is still incredibly complicated and confusing to an outsider trying to make any sense of it imo.

http://www.nxttechnologytree.com/

-----

My approach I think is to try present BitShares as a holding company for various business models.
I think new investors will be able to better understand BitShares & its value by seeing sites that vastly undercut and outperform existing options such as Dwolla, UBS, BullionVault, IG etc. and I think customers need to be taken to a site that fulfills their specific needs too.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13325.msg174295#msg174295

Yes just a simple roadmap on bitshares.org would suffice IMO. People need to know there is currently no mobile wallets, web wallets etc and  that they are being worked on with a rough estimated release date otherwise they come to forum seeking answers and get overwhelmed with all the different projects going on.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:08:57 pm by LRENZ »
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Not too fussed to be honest. Stress should be on marketing the products with easy to use clients and documentation.
BitShares is the shares in this awesome company. If you want to be an investor take the time and look around. Its also necessary as it relies on the shareholders votes to run efficiently.

BM and Bitshares.org are planning on pushing the Decentralized Exchange, while some marketing efforts are being directed towards promoting some choice BitAssets. The end users need not know all the gory details of the backend.

That's why I prefer giving the end user product specific sites, I don't even want them to navigate the gory exchange if all they want to do is buy some BitGold & Silver & want a vault experience.

An investor can only invest a lot in a company he can confidently value. While surely grateful for the transparency, they don't want to, nor do they have the time to browse all of the internal communications & conversations of every company they may consider investing in.
Treat investors like customers too in the sense you want to give them a one stop resource that would give someone a strong overview of valuation relevant investment information in the shortest possible amount of time. (What is BTS? 5 min weekly BitShares News & delegate information & navigation site are possible elements of that imo.)

The current approach of focusing on the exchange is fine but I'd like to seperate more business models than just the decentralized exchange that investors are familiar with and that customers are looking for.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:13:09 pm by Empirical1.1 »

sumantso

Not too fussed to be honest. Stress should be on marketing the products with easy to use clients and documentation.
BitShares is the shares in this awesome company. If you want to be an investor take the time and look around. Its also necessary as it relies on the shareholders votes to run efficiently.

BM and Bitshares.org are planning on pushing the Decentralized Exchange, while some marketing efforts are being directed towards promoting some choice BitAssets. The end users need not know all the gory details of the backend.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:13:30 pm by sumantso »

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Yeah nice but it doesn't even say what its counting down to really. Very vague.

I think a lot of you have forgotten how to look at all this from a normal persons perspective that is new to this technology.

It is counting down to the relaunch of the website, and some PR campaign stuff.

1.0 should release a few weeks later probably.

I know that because of digging around in threads on here. My point was people that don't have time to visit to forum for hours don't have a clue what's going on and planned for the future.

I'm not hating I'm just pointing out this area needs looking at from marketing perspective asap.

This is valuable feedback. Thank you. I think this is one of BitShares main marketing problems.

Despite its complete transparency, BitShares works like an insiders only club where only a 100 or so people really know what's going on.

The forum stats (new members, posts, topics) are steadily declining month on month as it's hard for new people to try grasp everything or feel like they want to get involved and contribute.

Possible ideas -

- What is BitShares? A 5 minute video or few pages that clearly explains what BitShares is & gets people excited about it.
- A delegate site that makes it easy to see who the currently paid delegates are, even those in the top  200 and what they are working on.
- BitShares News. A weekly news show < 5 minutes, that lets you keep up to speed with what's happening in BitShares without having to navigate the forums and try to extract the nuggets yourself.

It's not an easy task though, NXT have tried to create a visual overview of their system on one page and it is still incredibly complicated and confusing to an outsider trying to make any sense of it imo.

http://www.nxttechnologytree.com/

They also have NXT magazine I see

http://nxter.org/

-----

My approach I think is to try present BitShares as a holding company for various business models.
I think new investors will be able to better understand BitShares & its value by seeing sites that vastly undercut and outperform existing options such as Dwolla, UBS, BullionVault, IG etc. and I think customers need to be taken to a site that fulfills their specific needs too.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13325.msg174295#msg174295

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:41:02 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline davidpbrown

There was a good idea here:
http://bitsapphire.com/dac-git-branching/

But I think it has been abandoned?

That does look like a good idea.. immediate sense of the various DACs will be useful.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
Since bitshares constantly needs to adapt to expand and improve perhaps software features specifically targeting delegate reviews and analysis would answer the question permanently for everyone. Imagine the client allows users to view the delegates page and re-sort and filter the list by project name so you see which delegates are working on the same kind of projects. Under each project is a list of links to milestones and funding goals. These are connected to crypto-assurance contracts and you can click any project and see how much funds have been raised and what is needed. Perhaps delegates have links to their special offers. A chart of each delegates voting history over time is a useful metric to make available. We can connect these forums via direct links in the client where all the specifics on each row could be discussed. The other side of the coin is a listing of bounties managed via assurance contracts and escrow access. All of the criticals for newbies are plugged into the client which is the transparent center in our decentralized network, maaaaaaan. Many of these features are already being worked into the mix. Once these tools become available even newbies will be up to date and plugged into participating with whats happening. 

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:10:49 am by bitmarley »