Author Topic: Submit Questions for 23 JAN 2014 "Dev Voice Hangout" @ 10AM EST at this Link:  (Read 2005 times)

Offline robrigo

Hey guys! 

So I'm new to the bitsharespehere.  My name is Jake, and I'm running a company/project/organization called Dawn along with some other folks.  Here's what we do:  We take open source hardware, pair it with open source software, and create new kinds of services for our users.  We're currently selling an open MiniPC, and will shortly add Mammoth, a router to that lineup. 

Very excited to speak with everyone tomorrow! 

If you've any questions about us, please don't hesitate to ask!

Trezor's hardware is open source,
Trezor's firmware is open source,
BitShares is open source.

Sounds like a match made in heaven don't you think? Although at this point in time you would probably only sell a dozen or so of them. I would be willing to pay a lot more than $120 for a bitshares trezor.

+5% a bitshares hardware wallet like trezor or ledger would be amazing. I would definitely pre-order one.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
Special Guest from the DAWN Project will be joining us as well.  They want to build hardware for BitShares, want to accept bitAssets as payment and I am in talk with them about issuing a UIA for their modular computing company on our platform.

However, if you are interested in their general whitepaper please check it out here:
https://www.icloud.com/pages/AwBWCAESEDEArRhp07qAQzyUX35J3RYaKq4Cs5B2PyOQ26G9ikeKh_51C2q0toR7LjbAdGp_AgbdR_TdWJr-05FzFwMCUCAQEEIJP7_hH1QDFHQeZbxxoX0HKbB_x4CHVWcUP5WDqgmngD#Dawn
Dude. Wth u dont ever talk about this til now?

deprdoo

Hey guys! 

So I'm new to the bitsharespehere.  My name is Jake, and I'm running a company/project/organization called Dawn along with some other folks.  Here's what we do:  We take open source hardware, pair it with open source software, and create new kinds of services for our users.  We're currently selling an open MiniPC, and will shortly add Mammoth, a router to that lineup. 

Trezor's hardware is open source,
Trezor's firmware is open source,
BitShares is open source.

Sounds like a match made in heaven don't you think? Although at this point in time you would probably only sell a dozen or so of them. I would be willing to pay a lot more than $120 for a bitshares trezor.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
OMG Jake if you can make a hardware wallet for BitShares then my BitUSD is coming your way  8)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:15:47 pm by speedy »

Offline faddat

• View Profile
  • BitShares: faddat
Hey guys! 

Offline davidpbrown

Random thoughts..

Is it a good time to restate a rough timeline; restate milestones; and current focus?.. When is 1.0 expected and what will that and what will that not be.

I wonder it might be useful to see something like http://bitsapphire.com/dac-git-branching/ setting out the variety within BitShares.

It would be good to hear more about the plan to break into main stream.. right now I suspect we have mostly the crypto-crowd engaged. Even if that is a simple statement of what is needed, it might help people recognise where the effort is needed most.. Put some hooks out there than people can hang themselves on.

Are we waiting to 1.0 to see mainstream users? Can the network handle volume of users or what might need to change.. is block size going to become an issue.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline fuzzy

Special Guest from the DAWN Project will be joining us as well.  They want to build hardware for BitShares, want to accept bitAssets as payment and I am in talk with them about issuing a UIA for their modular computing company on our platform.

However, if you are interested in their general whitepaper please check it out here:
https://www.icloud.com/pages/AwBWCAESEDEArRhp07qAQzyUX35J3RYaKq4Cs5B2PyOQ26G9ikeKh_51C2q0toR7LjbAdGp_AgbdR_TdWJr-05FzFwMCUCAQEEIJP7_hH1QDFHQeZbxxoX0HKbB_x4CHVWcUP5WDqgmngD#Dawn
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:55:15 pm by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

This Hangout is w/ Bytemaster of BitShares SuperDAC

Please ask and vote on questions at the following Beyond Bitcoinx SubReddit:

Or better yet--Join us! Follow the twitter: @Beyond_Bitcoin

For updates on upcoming events, attend, record and report live from our Mumble Server!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:27:40 pm by fuzzy »