Author Topic: What is the website countdown for?  (Read 6210 times)

Offline davidpbrown

It would be good to include options for translation.. I suspect some users are frustrated that there is only English GUI etc.. see https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13587.0

It can be simple to translate content and even if standing text is hard to resolve, that can could just be a welcome page with text that can stand the test of time - request anyone submits a translation for each language, match two submissions and consider the difference.. throw through some online translation to check it's not wild. That'll likely be gifted to you for free, if you ask for contributions. It's simple to use a user's browser preferred language, to redirect to a page that is in that language or a place holder for it.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I've also learned around here that promises of new websites aren't generally to be taken very seriously. Maybe that will be different now in the post-Brian Page world. :)

i fully can understand your feelings … hopefully we can convince you this time .. i can just speak from design point of view ... content is another part ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
yup working on it :) countdown puts a lot of pressure into it btw^^

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
The countdown is up because cass is working on the design for the new website. Looking forward to it. :)
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Nothing special, just a fresh look that matches our branding and has a clearer message about our core value propositions and opportunities.

The only reason for the countdown is because an empty page has 0 public perception impact instead of negative impact we had with the previous site.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
That's what I've heard.

I've also learned around here that promises of new websites aren't generally to be taken very seriously. Maybe that will be different now in the post-Brian Page world. :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Is this for the new website?
Exciting!