Author Topic: What is the website countdown for?  (Read 6110 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Coming soon pages are very good at capturing leads and I use them regularly.

It is better than the other website. If offers the individual a direct link to download
and a possibility to be noticed when the site is relaunched.

Curiosity is very effective in marketing and I think it's doing a good enough job.
*agreed*

Further, there are good reasons to add extra time to cass's budget ..

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Coming soon pages are very good at capturing leads and I use them regularly.

It is better than the other website. If offers the individual a direct link to download
and a possibility to be noticed when the site is relaunched.

Curiosity is very effective in marketing and I think it's doing a good enough job.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
this countdown is useless, if you change the date all the time. what a joke!

We need strong leadership to avoid this mess imo.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
this countdown is useless, if you change the date all the time. what a joke!

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Lol I like how the countdown now is the exact same as the countdown time for the Pirate Bay...heh.

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Sorry I know that you're working hard etc.. and for me it's no problem that the countdown date keeps moving but you already have me. The poor blokes that we are trying to attract are the ones that I'm worried about. With them in mind the countdown is annoying and counterproductive. Just my opinion.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Please add a link to the bitsharestalk forum also on the page  ;)

http://bitshares.org/

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
We apologize for any inconveniences that may occur as a result of these changes and will keep you informed about related developments.
We are working hard on soon completion of the contents and therefore ask you for just another little bit of patience.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:24:22 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

lzr1900

what?
another 7 days added???!!! :(

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:16:28 am by lzr1900 »

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
yup working on it :) countdown puts a lot of pressure into it btw^^

So this pressure makes the countdown changeable? Or I remember it wrong?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
From the glimpses we saw on Nullstreet, its way better than the old one.    Just dont expect it to magically take BTS to new highs or anything like that. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
It would be good to include options for translation.. I suspect some users are frustrated that there is only English GUI etc.. see https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13587.0

It can be simple to translate content and even if standing text is hard to resolve, that can could just be a welcome page with text that can stand the test of time - request anyone submits a translation for each language, match two submissions and consider the difference.. throw through some online translation to check it's not wild. That'll likely be gifted to you for free, if you ask for contributions. It's simple to use a user's browser preferred language, to redirect to a page that is in that language or a place holder for it.

yup this will be done on 2nd step ... no time for getting this work to tomorrow..

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I've also learned around here that promises of new websites aren't generally to be taken very seriously. Maybe that will be different now in the post-Brian Page world. :)

i fully can understand your feelings … hopefully we can convince you this time .. i can just speak from design point of view ... content is another part ...

Haha, I certainly didn't mean to disparage your work, cass! Much respect for you and what you do.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."