Author Topic: Proposal---Delegates inspectors group  (Read 6398 times)

sumantso

I have been saying these for sometime - we need 2-3 paid members whose job is to properly vet and monitor the progress. Their job also involves checking on their credentials.

I suggested Fuzz set this up as he is at the heart of the community and ideally placed to co-ordinate the efforts.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
You say this is for inspectors.  What exactly will you be inspecting?  and what criteria will you be inspecting against?  It sounds like you are just going to be sending an email to each delegate to publish a progress report.  Why does this need a paid delegate position?

read the post again , it's not proposing a paid delegate position .

The Chinese community service group delegate are paying for it at this stage .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
You say this is for inspectors.  What exactly will you be inspecting?  and what criteria will you be inspecting against?  It sounds like you are just going to be sending an email to each delegate to publish a progress report.  Why does this need a paid delegate position?

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
So you would be like a ratings agency?  Seems like you would have a lot of power over who is elected and who isn't...

I don't think we need to rate any delegate, not to mention it is very hard to make a just criteria. We only provide information regarding different aspects. Shareholders have their own mind to make decisions.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% Great idea.

Other:

I hope 1 day BitShares has a delegate profile site.

- Where it easy to view the delegates, their projects and their progress.
- Where the site owner uses the project information to create a roadmap for BTS.
- Where trusted inspectors/delegates and individuals can give delegate reviews.
+5% ... we just need someone to DO it ..

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
So you would be like a ratings agency?  Seems like you would have a lot of power over who is elected and who isn't...

If this agency is doing a bad job , then there should have a counter inspector group to question their job .

Everybody can be reviewed by everybody , even the reviewer itself .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Good idea

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
 +5% Great idea.

Other:

I hope 1 day BitShares has a delegate profile site.

- Where it easy to view the delegates, their projects and their progress.
- Where the site owner uses the project information to create a roadmap for BTS.
- Where trusted inspectors/delegates and individuals can give delegate reviews.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:14:50 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
As one of the 15 advisers of market.cn.group101, I just want to share an idea with the community that we are going to set up an "inspector group" to inspect all the high pay rate delegates.

According to today's dev hangout, BM also mentioned that it's very necessary for all high pay rate delegates to regularly report their progress or achievement. However, since developers are usually busy  doing their work, they sometimes miss the progress report.

Therefore, it will be very necessary if some person can remind all the delegates and summarize their progress  then report to the whole community in one single post, in order to make a comparison. The frequency should be biweekly or monthly. Then, all shareholders can easily decide whether they keep or remove their votes.

At the beginning, the inspector will be paid by the delegate income of market.cn.group101, considering that there are now only less than 30 high pay rate delegates and the workload is not very heavy. If in future, there are much more high payrate delegates, we may add the number of inspectors.

We will be recruiting inspectors from the whole community, and make sure they are from different countries.

Do you think it's a good idea? 
BTS committee member:jademont