Author Topic: Up to 27 100% delegates. Really?  (Read 7240 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I dont think we need a delegate to look after the other delegates.  I think this is something that investors should want to do.  The community should be doing this (and will be), without needing to be paid.

At scale there should absolutely be HR delegates that provide reports, metrics, etc. about all delegates, all their projects and all their employees. No delegate should go unscrutinized and all delegate expenses should be 100% accounted for. Shareholders are meant to make the executive decisions - doing actual research and reports at the massive scale the bitshares bureacracy will reach at 5 billion (or just 500 million really) will require loads of resources that we can't expect individuals to donate.  Of course ultimately there will be many situations where grassroots investigation or shareholder activism is required, and it will probably happen much more often compared to traditional publicly traded companies, but if we rely solely on altrustic shareholders doing in-depth delegate investigation in their free time we will not be able to have a functional team at scale.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I dont think we need a delegate to look after the other delegates.  I think this is something that investors should want to do.  The community should be doing this (and will be), without needing to be paid.

Agreed, delegate inspector yes!, but it should be a investor initiative, not a delegate itself. Not to mention conflict of interest for a delegate inspector to also be a delegate.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Glad I have your support, Newmine! :D

But seriously, most of these paid delegates have been in for a couple weeks now.  At this point they've only just recouped their cost to register the delegate.  I'll make excuses for them for a month.  After a month or two, its time for the worthwhile and not-worthwhile delegates to distinguish themselves from each other via results.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
You should run for the BS delegate position. You are following my outline to a T. Otherwise Stan should hold this position.

Ha!  I knew that was coming after your last post! 

I was just sitting here counting down... 10, 9, 8 ...           :)

Actually, this is a more accurate description of my job:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:51:13 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
What are all you delegates doing exactly?
Its not that difficult to figure out, if you've been following along.  Hopefully we will have better tools for the uninitiated, or for those without the time or inclination to do the necessary research.

We even have a new delegate inspector delegate proposal. WTF? 
You read the proposal right?  It didn't say anything about requesting a delegate.  In fact it expressly stated not needing one.

Id like to propose a 100% delegate ...How about a BS delegate?
Well I think you have all the qualifications.  Go for it!  This would at least offer a quick learning experience on how the system works, how those most interested in the success of the system are able to keep out the trash and otherwise unproductive.

He stated "in the beginning" the person will be paid by another delegate. This leaves it wide open for a future delegate bid when the "workload" increases. Did you read the proposal?

Send 60K BTS to newmine and I will start the BS delegate campaign.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Step 1 was getting people hired and working for bitshares.  We are casting our net for productive fish right now.  We are going to find some productive people and some unproductive people, that is inevitable.  Thinking that Bitshares will never hire anyone who then just takes the money and does nothing id foolish, that will occur sometimes, we jsut have to make sure we deal with it appropriately.

Step 2 will be coming soon, which is having these delegates show us what they have done in a month, and beginning to weed out those that are not producing value.  If this is successful and we can see that productive delegate remain in, while low productivity delegates get booted, then we will have a lot of confidence that the system is working, and that voting is working.

You should run for the BS delegate position. You are following my outline to a T. Otherwise Stan should hold this position.

chryspano

Quote from: NewMine
Up to 27 100% delegates. Really?

Yes, it will take some time until we have 101 100% paid delegates...

Can you imagine 101 entities working for bitshares? of course you can!  ;)

That's why you are so pissed off!  >:(

Offline Ander

• View Profile
It would be nice to have a community updated page showing a short summary of who each paid delegate is, and what project they are working on.

Xeldal

What are all you delegates doing exactly?
Its not that difficult to figure out, if you've been following along.  Hopefully we will have better tools for the uninitiated, or for those without the time or inclination to do the necessary research.

We even have a new delegate inspector delegate proposal. WTF? 
You read the proposal right?  It didn't say anything about requesting a delegate.  In fact it expressly stated not needing one.

Id like to propose a 100% delegate ...How about a BS delegate?
Well I think you have all the qualifications.  Go for it!  This would at least offer a quick learning experience on how the system works, how those most interested in the success of the system are able to keep out the trash and otherwise unproductive.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Step 1 was getting people hired and working for bitshares.  We are casting our net for productive fish right now.  We are going to find some productive people and some unproductive people, that is inevitable.  Thinking that Bitshares will never hire anyone who then just takes the money and does nothing id foolish, that will occur sometimes, we jsut have to make sure we deal with it appropriately.

Step 2 will be coming soon, which is having these delegates show us what they have done in a month, and beginning to weed out those that are not producing value.  If this is successful and we can see that productive delegate remain in, while low productivity delegates get booted, then we will have a lot of confidence that the system is working, and that voting is working. 

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
A few delegates away from hitting a million shares per week dilution. Plus the vesting share dilution every day will equal a zero or negative growth over the next few years. All the while, bitcoin sidechains and centralized wannabes slowly gain faster acceptance.  And ethereum too.

What are all you delegates doing exactly? We even have a new delegate inspector delegate proposal. WTF? 

Id like to propose a 100% delegate to oversee the inspector delegate.
Or
How about a BS delegate? This delegate's primary job would be to make wild and amazing promises that never see the light of day. Just as every promise is supposed to be realized, I will flood you guys with excuses and more promises for future dates. Rinse repeat. The whole time this is going on I will trade my BTS for bitUSD giving the bitISD ever so much more liquidity on an ongoing basis until I have gathered enough bitUSD to buy a vacation home on cryptofresh.