Author Topic: So apparently this is what some people think about Bitshares  (Read 3525 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
They might be right or wrong in some aspects but it's always good to learn how we can change.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/459085124197658/permalink/619154578190711/

If someone doesn't have a Facebook account, I'll post some comments here:

The answers were regarding this blog post about nubits:
http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/13/NuBits-is-a-Ponzi-Scheme/

"FUD from Bitshares. This is an old argument, already made the rounds a few times now. Its pathetic when core members of one community attempt to attack others, and try to use their "legitimacy" to do so. It brings bad atmosphere to both coins."

" I reside mainly in the bitshares community & Larimer got roasted by everyone for this post. He actually changed & edited it to make it less harsh; it was originally called 'Nubits is a ponzi scheme'.

Not to say his arguments arent valid or worth investigating, but bitshares has a history of shitting over other coins like Bitcoin so we need to start a more postive, co-operative model of marketing."

"I can respectfully agree with that I believe professionalism is necessary to survive in a free market and plus its just in poor taste. But the argument is worth digging more into I think."

"I read it. This is just a smear nubits, advertise bitUSD campaign. I will never, ever invest in something that uses negativity like that. Just me though."

"Bitshares and the snapshots have screwed a lot of people over, sure, it is transparent if you know where to look. Did everyone know?"

Most were made by the same person, that doesn't matter. Also, like I said before, some arguments might be right, others might be wrong, my point here is not to attack whoever criticized BitShares but to learn with that.

Valid points I agree with:

- BitShares "attacks" other cryptos. I don't take this literally, as I believe the posts are not intentionally trying to bash other cryptos like nubits or bitcoin, however people see it like that and that definitely affects us. In the past though, I kind of felt a "we are superior" vibe coming from here towards bitcoin. Once again, it doesn't matter if the technology is superior, what matters is don't need to focus on other cryptos, we just need to focus on BitShares and if possible, develop good relationships with everyone in the cryptoscene. I think we need to improve on that. Note that some people that bash bitcoins might do it in fact because they feel threatened, but that's definitely something we need to improve on - our relationships with other crypto projects and at the same time, focus  more on BitShares and not on what the competition is doing. If we develop a good product, in the end it will speak for itself.

- "Scarce Information". It may not be scarce, but from an outsider point of view it sure is as he can't find the info he is looking for without wasting time. That was mentioned regarding the snapshots. Although I do not agree because they were announced weeks before, there are still lots of important info scattered around. people need to hunt for information and for someone who doesn't check the forums regularly that just isn't possible. It was suggested in the past a number of timers to create an Announcement Section on the forum with important threads regarding updates, snapshots, etc, All in one place so it's easily accessible and someone can have a better idea of what's going on in 5m
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads