Author Topic: Vesting balance "disappeared"  (Read 7042 times)

Offline vikram

- the tx history has to be fixed (vikram is working on it already, AFAIK

Yeah don't worry it'll get done before 1.0. Lots to do before then.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So as a conclusion here:
- you got all your funds back
- the tx history has to be fixed (vikram is working on it already, AFAIK

* xeroc is a believer too :) .. full thrust..

Offline CalabiYau

I'd say vikram is right on this on .. the 'balance' in the transaction history is flawed .. i notices that here too ..

Would you please issue 'balance' in the console and check if that one returns the correct balance?!

wallet_account_balances  gives the correct balances. Back in history of this account I found the difference is already in November after a Short operation. So better rely solely on wallet_account_balances, transaction history is confusing. 

BTW: I am a believer  :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'd say vikram is right on this on .. the 'balance' in the transaction history is flawed .. i notices that here too ..

Would you please issue 'balance' in the console and check if that one returns the correct balance?!

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Ah, you're rich!  :D

So, all balances come back now after a vote?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:16:01 am by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline CalabiYau

Running balance in history display is not reliable and can be wrong, especially if same keys in two different wallets. Balance shown by wallet_account_balance is the correct amount. Which wallet did you collect genesis balances from?

A second look into the history shows, that the "magic" was happening before, after "vote all" 33k more shows up in the GUI balance (also in the account_history).  So voting is recommended.... :)

Therefore the balance-bug seems related to voting rather then collecting ?

(Which wallet did you collect genesis balances from? :  WIN-wallet)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 08:52:29 am by CalabiYau »

Offline vikram

I took a look and all the claimed vested balances are still there. In your PM, you collected vesting 4 times in Win wallet, and 2 times in Linux wallet. I found the transactions and all the balances are still there. Here are the deposit addresses:

Win:
  • BTS9WTdFmoFpR3ydCGx7FSDoTUeWjQAuG7N9
  • BTS2wFE5b3WEEJZNDDot32KcdjehUPZyxnc4
  • BTSAATeyQb7LrdSfyzmQnoARmkF4PGXBNvLc
  • BTS1hwoTH4aiKsX9PArmyeLsoQ8C9xoLNQk

Linux:
  • BTSHDGE8LDh2ScNigHg4qhrP1N87PPaFQ5HJ
  • BTSBNrWHiqaY9H4tJn2ec7BHPTRTz1MLCp4U

If you do "wallet_dump_private_key <address>" for each of the above, and you have the private key for all of them, then you control the claimed vested balances. And they should be part of your account balance, because the wallet checks every address in the blockchain for your balances.

Since you have the same genesis PTS keys imported into both wallets, are you sure that you did not make a transfer out of your Linux wallet that would have withdrawn from a genesis address? This would also lower your balance in Win wallet. Balances stay in your genesis balance unless you manually transfer them all to an account, or use wallet_collect_genesis_balances command.

All priv-keys checked => o.k.

The account numbers in WIN-wallet are still missing part of the balance:

The last entry was:  wallet_collect_genesis_balances

wallet_account_history shows the right balance. (PM)

Is there a way that the GUI shows the same as the history ?

Thank you.

Running balance in history display is not reliable and can be wrong, especially if same keys in two different wallets. Balance shown by wallet_account_balance is the correct amount. Which wallet did you collect genesis balances from?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Assuming your did some market transaction on 22. and 23 of January I'd say you have to regenerate the private keys for market transactions (those transactions to UNKOWN)
Code: [Select]
wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 22000
(will take some time) ..
once the command has been issued the wallet will rescan the blockchain. Progress can be seen from "getinfo"..

BTW, nice stake :) I wish I could collect 700k BTS :)

Offline CalabiYau

I took a look and all the claimed vested balances are still there. In your PM, you collected vesting 4 times in Win wallet, and 2 times in Linux wallet. I found the transactions and all the balances are still there. Here are the deposit addresses:

Win:

Linux:

If you do "wallet_dump_private_key <address>" for each of the above, and you have the private key for all of them, then you control the claimed vested balances. And they should be part of your account balance, because the wallet checks every address in the blockchain for your balances.

Since you have the same genesis PTS keys imported into both wallets, are you sure that you did not make a transfer out of your Linux wallet that would have withdrawn from a genesis address? This would also lower your balance in Win wallet. Balances stay in your genesis balance unless you manually transfer them all to an account, or use wallet_collect_genesis_balances command.

All priv-keys checked => o.k.

The account numbers in WIN-wallet are still missing part of the balance.

The last entry was:  wallet_collect_genesis_balances

wallet_account_history shows the right balance. (PM)

Is there a way that the GUI shows the same as the history ?

Thank you.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 03:38:06 pm by CalabiYau »

Tuck Fheman

wallet_check_sharedrop

Next version will have wallet_account_vesting_balances command that will show all vesting information.

No withdrawal penalty--you can claim vesting as often as you want.

Thank you both!

OP, sorry I hijacked your thread.  :-\

Offline vikram

I found the balances that have gone to UNKNOWN on the linux wallet.

Where did the second wallet come from? List the steps you took across both wallets in order.

1. win-wallet: wallet_collect_vested_balances <account_name x>
Result:  o.k., stake added to account x => details PM

2. linux-wallet: wallet_collect_vested_balances <account_name y>
Result: Some of the stake added to accounts, some getting "lost"  =>  details PM

3. win-wallet: account x  shows like the primary post,
The vesting claim in the linux-accounts changed the win-account.

There seems to be no "lock" after a successful claim somehow. 

Thank you for looking into this, but enjoy the Sunday anyway.

Win:

Linux:

Offline vikram

Typing this in the console works for me:

wallet_collect_vested_balances <account_name>

Thank you!!!   If you have the time and know the answer ...

Is there a way to simply view the balances or do I have to collect them all to "see" them? 

Also, if I do this is there some penalty?

I remember months back when this was discussed that it was a 2 yr vesting(?) period and there was a penalty for pulling out early. But, things have changed so much and I never know which discussion (of possible paths to take) was the one that was finally chosen (there are a lot of paths here!). This is the hazard of being involved with many coins ... too much to follow, not enough time to follow them all as closely as they deserve.

Next version will have wallet_account_vesting_balances command that will show all vesting information.

No withdrawal penalty--you can claim vesting as often as you want.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Is there a way to simply view the balances or do I have to collect them all to "see" them? 

I remember months back when this was discussed that it was a 2 yr vesting(?) period and there was a penalty for pulling out early. But, things have changed so much and I never know which discussion (of possible paths to take) was the one that was finally chosen (there are a lot of paths here!). This is the hazard of being involved with many coins ... too much to follow, not enough time to follow them all as closely as they deserve.
wallet_check_sharedrop

Tuck Fheman

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
I suspect that you have (some) same private keys in both wallets.
Could you describe how you created the two wallets/accounts, and, have you export/import keys from one wallet to the other?

Yes, as I stated in my post:
Other accounts, but imported pts addresses from genesis are the same.
OK, I understand your situation now.
From earlier practice, when one person claims BTS from AGS/PTS allocation (via import_priv_key), the BTS claimed is unmoved indeed, it won't be moved until be transferred to another account. As a result, everyone can claim the BTS to another account before the real transfer if knows the private key.
I thought the vesting BTS behaviors different, collecting the vesting fund equals to real transfer. However this did not likely happen in your case. Looks like a bug here.