Author Topic: Forking bitshares  (Read 6053 times)

Offline graffenwalder

Dawn is a DAC dedicated to the goal of improving the world through technology.  We make open hardware and software, and support them with services.  We've much bigger plans than that, though, and I hope that you and others on this forum will get to be a part of that.  Here's our 1-year:

https://www.icloud.com/pages/AwBWCAESEDEArRhp07qAQzyUX35J3RYaKq4Cs5B2PyOQ26G9ikeKh_51C2q0toR7LjbAdGp_AgbdR_TdWJr-05FzFwMCUCAQEEIJP7_hH1QDFHQeZbxxoX0HKbB_x4CHVWcUP5WDqgmngD#Dawn

We are hoping to accomplish many really huge dreams:

• Open Farm Robotics
  • Open Jet airliner
  • Open Personal computing devices:
    • MiniPC
    • Laptop
    • Tablet
    • Router

And much, much more!  itdawns.org is the URL....
Please explain how Dawn is a DAC?
As far as I can see, Dawn is a regular company selling hardware, what am I missing?

Offline faddat

• View Profile
  • BitShares: faddat
Dawn is a DAC dedicated to the goal of improving the world through technology.  We make open hardware and software, and support them with services.  We've much bigger plans than that, though, and I hope that you and others on this forum will get to be a part of that.  Here's our 1-year:

https://www.icloud.com/pages/AwBWCAESEDEArRhp07qAQzyUX35J3RYaKq4Cs5B2PyOQ26G9ikeKh_51C2q0toR7LjbAdGp_AgbdR_TdWJr-05FzFwMCUCAQEEIJP7_hH1QDFHQeZbxxoX0HKbB_x4CHVWcUP5WDqgmngD#Dawn

We are hoping to accomplish many really huge dreams:

• Open Farm Robotics
  • Open Jet airliner
  • Open Personal computing devices:
    • MiniPC
    • Laptop
    • Tablet
    • Router

And much, much more!  itdawns.org is the URL....

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

What is Dawn ?  I haven't had a chance to listen to the mumble hangout ?

check it here  :)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13598.0
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile

What is Dawn ?  I haven't had a chance to listen to the mumble hangout ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

Bitsapphire was supposed to be doing the switch to new forums, but to be honest if it hasnt been done in the past 6 months it is probably safe to bet its no longer a priority. Sounds like a good idea.

Delegate idea. Great. That is precisely what I woild like to see happen.

Bitshares customized hardware? Well then you basically have solidified our superiority in this space with a first mover advantage up that cannot be over stated in its importance.

Syncing code bases and providing updates from your end just makes everything more seemless to integrate your hardware (+100%)

More local delegates? What does this part mean?

And the info liberation toolkit...well obviously we are going to have star trek now as opposed to tue next great war we potentially feel the urge to quell before it begins with this currency crisis,

So looking forward to working with you faddat. Ill chat personally soon!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline faddat

• View Profile
  • BitShares: faddat
Dan and I had a lot to think about after speaking with you guys on the mumble hangout.  We're really glad that we did.  Bytemaster was correct-- we do form a DAC.  Here's what Dawn proposes to do:

• Formally Tie Bitshares and Dawn through launching a delegate on bitshares
  • Support bitshares through the creation of hardware implementing its features
  • Offer to replace this awful forum code with Discourse because we think y'all are cool
  (Bulleted lists shouldn't be so damn hard!)
  • Sync our codebases-- for the sake of API compatibility and just goodness, overall, we're going to keep up with your changes and make our changes available to you
  • Aim for a larger number of more local delegates
  • Create an info-liberation toolkit as both hardware and software
  • Offer services based on that info-liberation toolkit