Author Topic: Why BitShares?  (Read 2186 times)

38PTSWarrior

I watched only half, I mostly liked when the secretaries fixed the ties of the bosses. Almost like with babies. Thx for the warning fuzzy. Once I was so enthusiastic about 'What the bleep do we know about..' and later someone told me that it was made by some maybe bad people.

Offline fuzzy

am watching :)

Just so you know, people like george soros (who made his first fortune working with the nazis) and christine legarde are brought on as though they are ethical thought leaders in this space, so be careful..this film has its own agenda, but it does shine a light on many valid points.
Agree. This film, although interesting, is very much about the Wall Street greed angle (and how it influences academia and government), but there were multiple factors that led to the GFC. The Federal Reserve has actively sponsored a money system of inflationary supply and cheap rates for many decades, distorting economic incentives globally. Bank transparency is virtually non-existent, not allowing customers to properly identify risk or relationships to other institutions. Investment committees around the world were complicit in trusting their members' capital to the opinions of rating agencies rather than doing proper due diligence themselves. Millions of people around the world wanted to believe the dream that they could leverage themselves to wealth. etc etc.

We have to be more thoughtful to ask exactly what the weaknesses of the existing banking system are, and target that through Bitshares.

Bank transparency is virtually non-existent, not allowing customers to properly identify risk or relationships
This makes me think of the debates we have had on these forums about a specific cryptocurrency this week.

Investment committees around the world were complicit in trusting their members' capital to the opinions of rating agencies rather than doing proper due diligence themselves.
To me justifies why we should all be self-policing.

Very good points starspirit...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit

Just so you know, people like george soros (who made his first fortune working with the nazis) and christine legarde are brought on as though they are ethical thought leaders in this space, so be careful..this film has its own agenda, but it does shine a light on many valid points.
Agree. This film, although interesting, is very much about the Wall Street greed angle (and how it influences academia and government), but there were multiple factors that led to the GFC. The Federal Reserve has actively sponsored a money system of inflationary supply and cheap rates for many decades, distorting economic incentives globally. Bank transparency is virtually non-existent, not allowing customers to properly identify risk or relationships to other institutions. Investment committees around the world were complicit in trusting their members' capital to the opinions of rating agencies rather than doing proper due diligence themselves. Millions of people around the world wanted to believe the dream that they could leverage themselves to wealth. etc etc.

We have to be more thoughtful to ask exactly what the weaknesses of the existing banking system are, and target that through Bitshares.

Offline JA

• View Profile
I give it a aaa rating.
But it's only a opinion  :P

Next week i may do a 20% sale on my freshest opinions.

P.S.  I like cryptofeed.  The idea would work VERY well to create a portal for the various DPoS forums out there where one could go to see the latest posts on PLAYtalk, BitSharestalk, PTStalk, and any number of other dedicated DPoS forums that pop up in the future.
lol i literally forgot about the site. :P
I stopped working on it because no one is interested in it.

Offline fuzzy

I give it a aaa rating.

P.S.  I like cryptofeed.  The idea would work VERY well to create a portal for the various DPoS forums out there where one could go to see the latest posts on PLAYtalk, BitSharestalk, PTStalk, and any number of other dedicated DPoS forums that pop up in the future.

Offline JA

• View Profile
I give it a aaa rating.

Offline fuzzy

38PTSWarrior

Offline Pheonike

Offline fuzzy

at first glance I thought it said "directed by charles hoskinson"

LOL

damnit.  that is hilarious..

merockstar

at first glance I thought it said "directed by charles hoskinson"

LOL

Offline fuzzy

So worth watching at this link:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 05:37:36 am by fuzzy »