Author Topic: maybe 100% delegate should burn some progress on to the wall of delegate id  (Read 9458 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Worth a try, maybe, but don't forget that the walls are meant to be kind of fun, wacky and random. In addition to delegate updates, we've already seen some real crap being hurled up there, so a compendium of updates would have to conduct some sorting. I think it should be just as easy for delegates to update some other page somewhere. To think we can run this whole delegate thing with the client, this forum and the mumbles as the main information sources is not to realize how large and unwieldy things will become.

Well if you can read that a person posts to their own wall, then it can be filtered by that simple criteria.  Although that requires that the delegate use his delegate's key to give the update which isn't so easy for the guys who have a proxy running their delegate.. hrmmmm. Still, I think this might be the best solution shy of someone spending all their time trying to get updates from people.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Worth a try, maybe, but don't forget that the walls are meant to be kind of fun, wacky and random. In addition to delegate updates, we've already seen some real crap being hurled up there, so a compendium of updates would have to conduct some sorting. I think it should be just as easy for delegates to update some other page somewhere. To think we can run this whole delegate thing with the client, this forum and the mumbles as the main information sources is not to realize how large and unwieldy things will become.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
A lot of this is Fuzz's idea.. but if Delegates can burn publicly and not anonymously then svk's site could read these transactions from the blockchain and update a page with what everyone is doing.  Then it is easily sortable by last update etc.  When someone doesn't update it becomes apparent. I think this would work well without setting expectations of frequent updates.  People can complain publicly if there aren't enough etc.. but we can also just go to the one most obvious spot and see the latest updates.

Then we can put a twitter button on there and people can tweet their delegate updates.

All integrated into a nice little package at the biggest goto site for delegate info and we leverage twitter with it.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Very sad to see that not even one delegate would like to respond. I hope they are as active as when they are asking for votes...

When a working client comes out, I will gladly do it.  It takes hours of wrestling with the client to do anything at all.
Just get an SSD, they're not that expensive.. Unless you're happy to just use the light client you'll probably be unsatisfied for a long time..

My wallet works fine with a standard HDD... It's like 5 years old too

4k read&write of HDD is terribly
lag offen happen
ssd gain much better user experience

Offline svk

Very sad to see that not even one delegate would like to respond. I hope they are as active as when they are asking for votes...

When a working client comes out, I will gladly do it.  It takes hours of wrestling with the client to do anything at all.
Just get an SSD, they're not that expensive.. Unless you're happy to just use the light client you'll probably be unsatisfied for a long time..

Dang, there goes my theory about it being HDD related! :(
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline sudo

• View Profile
wall edit GUI can  learn the bbs style
such as  Discuz!   A good layout

Offline sudo

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
I like this idea. Forum reports would be fine as well, we just need more transparency from our delegates across the board.

+5% The community is clearly asking repeatedly  for frequent updates and transparency yet few delegates are currently providing them.

Maybe someone should make a template. One where they show the dollar equivalent earned say 'Jan 1st to Feb 1st' and then a breakdown of salary, expenses and future projects etc.

Offline svk

But it used to work fine, then on a new release it broke and never worked again.  How can it be a hardware problem if a few months ago it was working?
Most likely because globally there are more blocks and more transactions, and maybe your wallet has more accounts and more transactions as well.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

But it used to work fine, then on a new release it broke and never worked again.  How can it be a hardware problem if a few months ago it was working?

Offline svk

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
I like this idea.

Just a few things to consider... transparency is a no brainer.. efficiently executing on how that is delivered without overburdening will take some finesse.

Yes, we are still evolving the best mechanisms for efficient transparency.  crypto_prometheus is spearheading the next newsletter, out on the 1st with a whole range of delegate updates included.  So stay tuned for that and let's continue discussing the preferred methods for keeping our community informed!