Author Topic: Double check "transfer" in GUI-terminal , prevent scamer  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I'd like to see the 'confirm your tx above' message in the CLI, again .. we had those back in the early testnets ..

Yeah I'd like that too. But it's very low priority definitely at least until we've upgraded all the wallet scanning code.

Yay, this means titan will be completely turned off and tx's will show up instantly when you import a new private key?

I am referring more to fixing how unreliable the current transaction history can be. Probably turn TITAN off by default in the future, but probably still require a rescan on new keys.

I was under the impression that titan was going to be phased out completely in order to enable light clients to function? I guess as long as you ask beforehand if the receiver runs a full node it can be useful to keep titan as an option, but it should be clear that only people who understand how they work should send them, so we dont have newbs accidentally see their money disappear if they sent a stealth tx to a light client.

Offline vikram

I'd like to see the 'confirm your tx above' message in the CLI, again .. we had those back in the early testnets ..

Yeah I'd like that too. But it's very low priority definitely at least until we've upgraded all the wallet scanning code.

Yay, this means titan will be completely turned off and tx's will show up instantly when you import a new private key?

I am referring more to fixing how unreliable the current transaction history can be. Probably turn TITAN off by default in the future, but probably still require a rescan on new keys.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline vikram

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Some people may tell newbies to use a command line to get free funds or fix their accounts .

One version or scamer:

Hi , BTS can give you free money ! just type in the command below : (I intentionally type it wrong to avoid further victims ....)

transfre 100000 BTS wodes sho-me-the-money !     

Newbies who know nothing about what a terminal command is would fall this trick . Since no newbie really know you can transfer funds on the command line .

suggestion :
1、 Double check when use "transfer" command in the GUI terminal
2、Need to manually enable an check box to allow transfer command in GUI interface .

https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues/544
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.