Author Topic: Are We Ready For Companies To Run Themselves - Bitshares Mentioned  (Read 1772 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
It's hard not to come across as cynical capitalists. My mom was telling me this story today of how Yoga was an alt. religion/spirituality niche market for a long time after it arrived in the West, and it had to wait until some marketer figured out how to brand it pragmatically, by pointing to scientific research and so on, before it went mainstream.
+5% mainstream is stupid and we won't change that [simplification]

Found this today, randomly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBMc9s8oDWE

I guess if there is any lesson here, it is to focus on the pragmatic but then add a twist of diet coke Libertarianism.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:34:43 am by CLains »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
It's hard not to come across as cynical capitalists. My mom was telling me this story today of how Yoga was an alt. religion/spirituality niche market for a long time after it arrived in the West, and it had to wait until some marketer figured out how to brand it pragmatically, by pointing to scientific research and so on, before it went mainstream.
+5% mainstream is stupid and we won't change that [simplification]

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
http://aeon.co/magazine/technology/are-we-ready-for-companies-that-run-themselves/

Great article  +5%

"Back at the Miami Beach Convention Center, around the corner from Buterin’s packed hall, a rather different presentation is underway. In a lounge area scattered with empty tables, a thin man in his mid-20s is talking about something called Bitshares"

I say it one more time... "we are lucky to participate on early days" :)

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
I saw this article linked in a tweet by Charles Hoskinson.

It's good to see David Morris put the effort into providing more substance than many writers in this space.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's good. I don't agree with everything he wrote, but the author did his homework and is much more forward-thinking than some.