Author Topic: What does Peter Todd mean in his tweet about P.O.W.?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
He said burning proof-of-stake instead of proof-of-burning-stake but yea I agree with Toast I don't think there is anything there.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline klosure

• View Profile
Using money to pay for mining hardware and electricity is burning stake.  Proof of work can be validated easily, while validating direct proof of stake is more difficult.
But you need to work to get the money, so one thing Proof-of-Stake does is to convert Proof-of-Work to a form that can be delegated easily. Yeah, work done is paid by someone who is burning stake, can go on for hours like that :).

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Using money to pay for mining hardware and electricity is burning stake.  Proof of work can be validated easily, while validating direct proof of stake is more difficult.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Not worth understanding any interpretation under which that can be argued to be true
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:37:12 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

IMO you'd need to have him explain what he means by burned proof of stake.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
He tweeted, "One thing proof-of-work does is to convert burned proof-of-stake to a form that can be validated with O(1) scaling".

I don't even understand the meaning of his sentence.
Does anyone care to enlighten me?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads