Author Topic: Forking bitshares  (Read 6055 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Looking forward to seeing this develop. I listened in on all sessions in mumble about this and the prospects are awesome.  +5%

If you need a distribution center in Canada or for North America, the bunker has 64,000 sq/ft of space, much of which is currently available. Guarantee you no other distribution center will offer you EMP shielding for your components the way we can.  ;)

Have you another link without a count-down?  :)
http://datasecuritynode.com/

Offline fuzzy

Looking forward to seeing this develop. I listened in on all sessions in mumble about this and the prospects are awesome.  +5%

If you need a distribution center in Canada or for North America, the bunker has 64,000 sq/ft of space, much of which is currently available. Guarantee you no other distribution center will offer you EMP shielding for your components the way we can.  ;)

I'll try to help make a connection for you Data. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline yellowecho

Dawn sounds like a fantastic project and I very much look forward to future collaborations!  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline fuzzy

Why would you say the word fork? Bad way to start off.

Agreed, I don't see anything here that involves "forking"...?

I think it is a slight lack of understanding in terminology...nothing more :)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Agreed, I don't see anything here that involves "forking"...?

Offline d3adh3ad

• View Profile

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

Novena is awesome! Just going to drop this here: http://www.bunniestudios.com/

Maybe we can get bunnie to colab on this? I have no contacts personally just like to read about OS hardware stuff once in a while.  8)

That would be pretty epic!  Dawn may have all the resources, logistics and talent they currently need to execute such a plan.  However, bunniestudios also worked out a massively elegant supply chain by the sound of it, and are uniquely suited to peer review of such technology, so possibly another reason to connect with them.  Not my area of expertise though, so... I leave this to those with the bravery of metal and code.

Offline robrigo

It was good to chat briefly on the mumble session, and hear about your vision.

I am a huge advocate of open source hardware and it seems incredible to have allies such as you in the field!

I have been following the work at Studio Kosagi: http://www.kosagi.com/  The Novena laptop in particular, quite a feat.  I'm sure you must be familiar... another talented crew to collaborate with.

Everything else has mostly been said.  I agree with fuzz that the importance of building a foundation on open hardware is key to our long term survival, and I see it as a huge priority.

And this...

The possibilities are endless once you're willing to commit code to metal.

Let's explore those possibilities!

Novena is awesome! Just going to drop this here: http://www.bunniestudios.com/

Maybe we can get bunnie to colab on this? I have no contacts personally just like to read about OS hardware stuff once in a while.  8)

Offline fuzzy

Also, I would love to see a hardware solution for merchants to accept BitAssets!

If we still talking about working with any card processors, can we patch together a working POS system?
Something which allows people be able to 'charge' their own cards from a mobile wallet on their smart phone, a la Square, and be able to go out and spend those funds in their community where BitAssets are accepted.

This would be massively helpful in terms of grassroots adoption imo.
If there were a solution like this then we could raise a small army to work on merchant adoption with the knowledge that a solid system was in place to provide them with the tools they need.  I realize this is a huge undertaking and beyond hardware alone.

I suppose ElMato would be the one to work with on this once the mobile wallet is stable.

We are right in line bro.  I actually have talked to faddat and expressed interest in this as well. Nearly certain we will see it once their two other projects begin making money.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Also, I would love to see a hardware solution for merchants to accept BitAssets!

If we still talking about working with any card processors, can we patch together a working POS system?
Something which allows people be able to 'charge' their own cards from a mobile wallet on their smart phone, a la Square, and be able to go out and spend those funds in their community where BitAssets are accepted.

This would be massively helpful in terms of grassroots adoption imo.
If there were a solution like this then we could raise a small army to work on merchant adoption with the knowledge that a solid system was in place to provide them with the tools they need.  I realize this is a huge undertaking and beyond hardware alone.

I suppose ElMato would be the one to work with on this once the mobile wallet is stable.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Would be nice with a tl;dr here, maybe a short half a4 page on what this is, who is building it, what's going on :D

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
I'm very excited to see his proposal for hardware and other improvements.  However I might have missed this part - what is the plan for making the Dawn business arm of BTS into a profitable division in its own right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
It was good to chat briefly on the mumble session, and hear about your vision.

I am a huge advocate of open source hardware and it seems incredible to have allies such as you in the field!

I have been following the work at Studio Kosagi: http://www.kosagi.com/  The Novena laptop in particular, quite a feat.  I'm sure you must be familiar... another talented crew to collaborate with.

Everything else has mostly been said.  I agree with fuzz that the importance of building a foundation on open hardware is key to our long term survival, and I see it as a huge priority.

And this...

The possibilities are endless once you're willing to commit code to metal.

Let's explore those possibilities!

Offline faddat

• View Profile
  • BitShares: faddat
Okalie-dokalie. 

Let's deliver, then.  Please see new thread "Hardware Wallet"