Author Topic: Bug?: Account not found after deleting all but /Wallets  (Read 3871 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
start the cli client with rebuild index....

./bitshares_client  --rebuild index

or for devshares
./devshares_client --rebuild index

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline davidpbrown

Yes.. this was client rather than GUI. I've recovered it already.. made the backup immediately beforehand, so no worries.

The only problem that remains, is I seem stuck on the ~14% fork and can't see a way out.. I tried manually fixing checkpoints from the bitsharesblocks data but that didn't work. (bitsharesblocks does give the hash of a block in the block+1 summary.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:27:35 am by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
maybe you can reimport from backup. Try this:

1) quit client
2) rename the "wallets" directory to i.e. wallets-backup
3) open the client
4) main menu -> import from backup
5) locate a auto-backup from within the "old" wallets dir (it's a hidden directory called ".backups") -- take the latest backup
6) enter your original password for import
7) done, check your accounts

Offline davidpbrown

I'll suggest this, since I experienced it but then I've not reproduced it..

Since this was DevShares I'm a bit more cavalier and in an attempt to find the main chain again, I deleted all in ~/.Devshares but the /Wallets.

Restarting then, the client could see the wallet.. but not the account, which I wonder should not happen. I had to revert to the backup of that same folder.

It seems then that the absence of other files in the ~/.DevShares folder somehow disrupts the /Wallet that does exist. I'd expected that if /Wallets exists, that the client would acknowledge that and only recreate only other files, rather than perhaps recreate part of the /Wallets default files.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc