Author Topic: What do you do when you buy a $1600 laptop from Dell and pay through Coinbase...  (Read 3249 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
You plug Bitshares and hope to make it back one day!

https://community.coinbase.com/t/what-do-you-do-when-you-buy-a-1600-laptop-from-dell-and-pay-through-coinbase-but-coinbase-changed-the-deposit-address-and-dell-has-no-idea-you-paid/250/4

Quote from: Coinbase Customer Support

We don't take anyone's suggestions lightly. Mostly because they're generally really good suggestions, to be honest, and this is no exception!

I'm also a fan of BitUSD and the whole BitShares thing, but I don't have any info on future support unfortunately. I've seen this company do some pretty amazing stuff though so I wouldn't put anything past 'em.

+5% +5% +5%

you certainly know how to drive attention from big players to bitshares...

maybe it's time for a marketing delegate proposal also  ;)   :P

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coinbase Customer Support

We don't take anyone's suggestions lightly. Mostly because they're generally really good suggestions, to be honest, and this is no exception!

I'm also a fan of BitUSD and the whole BitShares thing, but I don't have any info on future support unfortunately. I've seen this company do some pretty amazing stuff though so I wouldn't put anything past 'em.

wow  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

TurkeyLeg

You should be asking Dell to refund you about $1200 for that laptop.... :P

Sent from my 15" Retina Macbook Pro with i7 + 16GB RAM :P

Offline jamesc

I can't find the laptop I had picked out now, and it is hit or miss with the agent you get in the Chat.  Don't even thing about talking to Dell if you have a Bitcoin payment problem.  They are clueless and just want to transfer people around in a circle (very unprofessional).  Coinbase is at least responsive, but now they need to take responsibility and fix there payment system.  I would hint that BitUSD is low hanging fruit when you consider what BitShares went through to actually make it work.  All they have to do is use it...

I finally decided to get a really good laptop because I need to demo a BTS/BitUSD web project in a few weeks in Virginia.  It would also help to get something faster to build the code too.  This is pushing my time-line  >:(.

Offline robrigo

You made a great case for bitUSD... their mistake cost you not only time but $180! With bitUSD, it would have only been the time and inconvenience.