Author Topic: SECURITY ALERT  (Read 3903 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Then create an Alerts thread and move this thread into it-- Most people do not subscribe to thread Notifications though, so they would never think to check it all the time.

Don't bury threads like this, I think that would be a disservice.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I disagree!
No, I think I will leave it as-is. It needs to be attention grabbing.
this is "General Discussion" .. not a bts-munich specific subforum (you should get one IMHO)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ken, please fix the title and make clear that people understand that you are NOT talking about the "official" light client!  Thanks

No, I think I will leave it as-is. It needs to be attention grabbing. I modified the post yesterday too so that people know this is just on androids.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ken, please fix the title and make clear that people understand that you are NOT talking about the "official" light client!  Thanks

Offline pam2

• View Profile
SECURITY ALERT - Do not use our android smartcoins wallet, bitshares wallet, or blockpay right now. We hired a security guy and he found a major bug which apparently compromises private keys when unlocking the app or upon a Send transaction. We are going to release a security update as soon as possible. Our servers have been shut down as well. Once the update is audited and released, it will force you to set a new 8-digit PIN number on a new brainkey too just to be extra cautious. Any balances will be automatically applied to your new brainkey, PIN and .bin file, and your existing bts account names do not have to change. We will release this security update as soon as we can and get it published to google play. We sincerely apologize for the downtime and we are working hard to get this update launched asap. Thank you for your patience, the BitShares Munich Team

edit: this ONLY affects users of android. this alert does not apply to the desktop or web wallets.
----
Thanks for the info @kenCode ...will take proper security means to protect wallet.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
SECURITY ALERT - Do not use our android smartcoins wallet, bitshares wallet, or blockpay right now. We hired a security guy and he found a major bug which apparently compromises private keys when unlocking the app or upon a Send transaction. We are going to release a security update as soon as possible. Our servers have been shut down as well. Once the update is audited and released, it will force you to set a new 8-digit PIN number on a new brainkey too just to be extra cautious. Any balances will be automatically applied to your new brainkey, PIN and .bin file, and your existing bts account names do not have to change. We will release this security update as soon as we can and get it published to google play. We sincerely apologize for the downtime and we are working hard to get this update launched asap. Thank you for your patience, the BitShares Munich Team

edit: this ONLY affects users of android. this alert does not apply to the desktop or web wallets.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:11:47 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat