Author Topic: Bitcoin - Ethereum-Ripple  (Read 9601 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Don't worry, at this very moment we have Brian Page bringing in some large "whales" from St. Marten. It's super hush hush though. Don't tell anyone.

Ugh, I hear ya. Can't believe I'd ever find myself agreeing with NewMine. It feels like things were so different a few months back. Every day was a new exciting announcement, a new window opened, a new reason to be hyped for BitShares...

Dinner in St. Martin with Kevin Harrington!
Talk of whales/strategic partnerships ready to buy in soon!
1.0 on the way!
Marketing blitz about to commence! Secret sauce was kept under wraps, but it's gonna be huge!
Possible partnership with Vitalik and Ethereum?! No way!
Infomercials!
John Underwood remittance partnership!
Vote has a super exciting secret sauce! Could we get it in the 2016 elections?!?
Referral program! Pre-paid card partnership ready to go!
Talk of a credit union! Could BTS buy one??

...then the merger happened. And all the excitement came to a grinding halt as the forum became a battle ground between PTS and BTS and every other post was about inflation, or allocation squabbles, or nubits being a Ponzi, or some company stealing our brand, etc. PR disaster after PR disaster.

I still think BTS has the best tech and the best shot at success. But damn, things have been grim lately. Apologies for the rant...

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Don't worry, at this very moment we have Brian Page bringing in some large "whales" from St. Marten. It's super hush hush though. Don't tell anyone.

If you are joking then thanks for the helpful post.

If you are not then it would be smart of Brian to share what convinced the pockets to buy in so that others can replicate his success.

It turns out, the "whales" he "brought" in were actual whales he bought. Apparently he spent $100,000 on black market whale blubber to burn the massive piles of bullshit he sold I3.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
In reality, I am not pissed off that Ethereum and ripple is mentioned. I am pissed off that bitshares should be by now n01 and it is not. As you guys mentioned we don't even have a proper website yet. Unbelievable... It has been over a year by now, we have an amazing technology with such strong economic fundamentals, with so many talented people involved, with so many ideas and people with strong ideals and we are still just here.. Bitshares should be the future and we risk to become the past by a competitor who is not even launched...

Lol... +5% +5% +5%... Brian Page was the best thing that happened to bitshares...Without his amazing marketing efforts and the whales that he brought we would never be n0 4...lol...

At least now Marketing efforts appear to have become much better and there is still hope.

Offline wesphily

• View Profile

If you are joking then thanks for the helpful post.

If you are not then it would be smart of Brian to share what convinced the pockets to buy in so that others can replicate his success.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline wesphily

• View Profile
What you are seeing is the power of a lot of money. It isn't about who has the best technology. It is about who has the most money to show it.

Bitshares will never get mentioned unless somebody with a lot of money helps out. Good luck getting a person with lots of money to spend it on something that he/she can't own a percentage in directly. Sure he could by bitshares and get a return if the price goes up. He could do the same thing in INTC and have ownership rights.

EDIT: Bitshares doesn't need a marketing company/person. It needs a business man that can help other businesses understand the power of bitshares/UIAs. Bitshares will be nothing until real companies start issuing UIAs that have the same legal ownership rights as a traditional security/share. (i.e. shares in apple/google/intc)

I think we can sell it, but you're right that it would be much, much easier if there was someone with some real money who stood to profit from this. We can grow it, but I'd love to have someone who could honestly put together those types of business relationships with banks, etc.

The weakness of a decentralized model. Real money wont buy into it because they can't control it. I hope somebody can find a way to convince a big pocket otherwise. I'm not sure how to do it.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
What you are seeing is the power of a lot of money. It isn't about who has the best technology. It is about who has the most money to show it.

Bitshares will never get mentioned unless somebody with a lot of money helps out. Good luck getting a person with lots of money to spend it on something that he/she can't own a percentage in directly. Sure he could by bitshares and get a return if the price goes up. He could do the same thing in INTC and have ownership rights.

EDIT: Bitshares doesn't need a marketing company/person. It needs a business man that can help other businesses understand the power of bitshares/UIAs. Bitshares will be nothing until real companies start issuing UIAs that have the same legal ownership rights as a traditional security/share. (i.e. shares in apple/google/intc)

I think we can sell it, but you're right that it would be much, much easier if there was someone with some real money who stood to profit from this. We can grow it, but I'd love to have someone who could honestly put together those types of business relationships with banks, etc.

Offline wesphily

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:10:09 pm by wesphily »

Offline robrigo

We literally don't even have a website they can visit for information at the moment. Don't get pissed at other people, our publicity sucks because our marketing sucks. We're working to improve it and the new website will hopefully change things and make people start taking us seriously.
+5% instead of feeling like BitShares isn't getting noticed and getting concerned for your investment, go out and evangelize if you believe in the technology, principles, and dev team. Talk to locals, join a meet up, write a letter to people with a following like Max Keiser, build a tool if you can code, etc. The extent to which BitShares becomes prolific and noticed is on us as the community.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
We literally don't even have a website they can visit for information at the moment. Don't get pissed at other people, our publicity sucks because our marketing sucks. We're working to improve it and the new website will hopefully change things and make people start taking us seriously.

Offline VoR0220

http://www.euromoney.com/Article/3415977/ChannelPage/8959/AssetCategory/16/Exit-Bitcoin-enter-block-chain-technology.html

It pisses me of when I see ethereum mentioned in articles relating to FX and blockchain and not Bitshares... They are not even launched. This is a marketing call...

Can you blame them? Where are all the amazing applications that Bitshares has been promising? Not that this isn't a great platform (it is), but what honestly separates us from the competiton? Ethereum is going out and making decentralized applications...things people can actually use...and it's making it easy to make them on the blockchain through turing complete scripting. Meanwhile we have yet to come out with smart contracts, something that not only Ethereum has implemented but Bitcoin and Ripple as well.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
http://www.euromoney.com/Article/3415977/ChannelPage/8959/AssetCategory/16/Exit-Bitcoin-enter-block-chain-technology.html

It pisses me of when I see ethereum mentioned in articles relating to FX and blockchain and not Bitshares... They are not even launched. This is a marketing call...