Author Topic: How badly do you want professional recruiters working for BitShares?  (Read 3857 times)

Offline onceuponatime

There are persistent rumours circulating that IBM is about to lay off about 100,000 people. It could be that at least some of those will be  quality dev personnel who will be looking for opportunities.

They will find us.

We just need to ramp up our "Hired by the Blockchain" campaign a little.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Recruiters for this type of work is a waste of time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Tell them they can build things that will make them money.  Have them partner up with the developers + a businessman and get stuff done.

There is going to be significant room for User Issued Assets (UIAs), getting pegs for other assets, and development of DACs or the platform.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I support anyone who is a hard worker that contributes for bitshares  +5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I think because the project is so young they will have to work with us as we have to work with them... sooner or later people will be lining up to become delegates and the power shifts to the voters where it should be.. right now there is a buyers market where top delegates are desired. So if they are willing to learn about how to set up a delegate, and getting by having a delegate with the pay it offers today then fine.. but also just because they are being paid they will have to provide updated reports as more and more voters and keenly observing delegate behaviour. If they do the work and are committed to changing the world then it shouldn't be a problem. There are no free rides.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Greetings,

I am a software engineer in Southern California. In the past, when looking for jobs, I have worked with staffing firms.  In particular, there is one company I turn to first, as their recruiters have always been very helpful, and I have maintained a good working relationship with them.  A few months ago, I had lunch with two of the recruiters I had worked with and spent all meal talking about cryptocurrencies, BitShares, what the industry is doing and where its going.  They have been very receptive to the ideas, and while they haven't dove in yet, crypto is on their radar. 

I had lunch today with these same two individuals and updated them with BitShares status, including the addition of one of its best new features: Blockchain Hiring.  I pitched them with my ideas of how they can help, and if you ask me, finding top developers has ALWAYS been one of BitShares greatest challenges.  These two men just so happen to have have a rolodex full of quality engineers, many of whom are unemployed and looking for work, or are already used to working on open source projects for free.  They are also used to working in environments in which the effort they put in determines the rewards they receive.  As I went over the process for getting hired, and how to maintain accountability, they still remained very interested.

So, my question to the community is this:

How badly do you want professional recruiters working for our project? 

I told my friends I would direct them to this thread, so please show them our support and convince them to make a submit a proper proposal. Let us know that you'll vote them in as paid delegates for either 1 or 2 positions (a tech partner may be needed), and what criteria you will use to judge their performance.

Thanks,

sschechter

BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe