Author Topic: First human (non-delegate) fired by a DAC  (Read 2459 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Wow this thread is lolz. The snowflakes are an improvement but I really truly feel for Cylon.  I hope a chain comes one day that that honors the robohashes.   :'( Improvement can be sad.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline btswolf

I assume everyone is enjoying their new swastika snowflakes? I thought it was just me at first, but noo.
Yes I like the new snowflake Identicons very much.

Tuck Fheman

Sorry OP. =/

I hope there is a solution one day.

Offline Methodise

I assume everyone is enjoying their new swastika snowflakes? I thought it was just me at first, but noo.
BTS: methodise

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Will you become instantly re-hired if the robohashes are fixed to be the original ones?

Yes, absolutely, please fix them back if possible

Yes, robohash should be fixed.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline cylon

• View Profile
Will you become instantly re-hired if the robohashes are fixed to be the original ones?

Yes, absolutely, please fix them back if possible

Did you actually have a business with an established reputation/brand yet?

Not yet, but I'm spending my time planning, networking, and constructing it just like you are:

http://bitshares.org/

My countdown is not as close to zero days as yours, but then again I don't have Voltron paying a team of coders and web designers cash money like you do.

to all you small time micro-entrepreneurs like me.  May you be as lucky as I am hungry.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:14:33 pm by cylon »
BTS: cylon

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Did you actually have a business with an established reputation/brand yet?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:04:18 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cylon

• View Profile
Hey, by the way, ain't you the first human to ever be "hired" by a robot?

What a coincidence. I wish you luck. BitShares is a fickle robot.

Offline cylon

• View Profile
Dude, would you eat here?

Maybe I will be successful by making contestants compete for title of WBSGO Champion by sending their entry fee to a:

I'm sorry, but the BSGO community has too much class.  I could never disparage my kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMo7WybtTWI

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 04:48:47 pm by cylon »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
"Does the new PTS DPOS or any other DPOS clone coin honor the original robohashes"

You realize this was robohash's fault, not ours? We didn't change anything. We want very much to have a custom robohash service so that this doesn't happen, we just don't have the bandwidth.

Also did your entire business model really rely on having a particular robohash image?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cylon

• View Profile
When I noticed that the BitShares robohashes were changed, I got sick to my stomach:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13786.0

My new robohash no longer has its cylon eye!  See my avatar.  It is what my old robohash looked like before this unscheduled and unelected change to our company.

I just wasted hundreds of man hours developing a business model, website, marketing strategy, & incentive/compensation plan.  Not to pump BitShares or become a delegate, but to put food on my table.  The International BSGO Gaming League is (was) centered around an instantly recognizable and impossible to impersonate “cylon” BitShares address where 100% blockchain auditable and hopefully someday, automated, competition registration pool/payouts would occur.  The legitimacy of utilizing a blockchain to guarantee fiscal transparency would give my professional competitive World League an absolute advantage over the variable-talent BSGO factions that currently litter the collegiate competitive landscape.

With this market niche, I could easily recruit the world’s most talented BSGO gamers and concentrate on marketing while the blockchain transparently handled all the financial accounting.  Nobody would ever send money to the wrong address because the robohash as well as the BitShares account name was indicative of the business model.  Best performances would be enshrined in the BSGO Hall of Fame on the new website.  You guys were not the only ones counting down to your awesome new website.  Imagine if you went to BitShares.org and saw that the countdown calendar had just been increased by 90 more days! 

http://bitshares.org/

Tomorrow you guys will be celebrating your BitShares "grand opening", while I'm shuttering my BitShares business.  Nobody else is negatively affected.  This makes me the first ever non-delegate to be fired from a Digital Autonomous Company because my business property & livelihood have just been taken from me arbitrarily by the DAC.  My boss, the BitShares DAC, has technically fired me, meaning that I am no longer allowed to operate my BitShares business for compensation. 

Am I pissed?  Damn right I am, but I’m no more likely to get restitution than the guy who sent money to the wrong BTER or the guy who let down his firewall is.  The only mistake that I made was to trust in a DAC in an entrepreneurial capacity without coming to the table with big time money and contacts like Eddie and Cobb.  Nothing against them, I just can’t afford an ICO, and all that hype and stuff. 

Let my punishment for being broke and having faith in our new robot overlords serve as a warning to all you small time micro-entrepreneurs like me.  May you be as lucky as I am hungry.  Now I’m forced to attempt to pick up the pieces of my uninsured shambles of a business model before my bills do me in.  My vanishing intellectual property was my business. 

Close your eyes and imagine a world where Google, Coke and McDonalds are forced to operate under a new business name. 

Are you seeing it?

Good

Wecome to my blockchain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4

"Things are about to change
Open up the client
Robohashes get replaced
BitShares"

Does the new PTS DPOS or any other DPOS clone coin honor the original robohashes, or am I the most ridiculous entrepreneur ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqmqN7an9SE