Author Topic: Trouble Importing Keys to DVS Wallet  (Read 5096 times)

Offline Fox

No this command should work. Transactions will not show up during importing or scanning.

DVS was a 1:1 snapshot of BTS. If you already moved your genesis PTS stake in BTS before the DVS snapshot, then I wouldn't expect this import to give you any funds other than vesting balances.

Yes, of course!  I must export the BTS wallet for import into DVS.  Thanks for the clarifying reminder.
Witness: fox

Offline vikram

I've just setup a clean DVS client 0.6.2 and followed my notes from way back (BTSX imports of a PTS wallet) using:
Code: [Select]
wallet_import_bitcoin PTS.datSupplying the correct password seems to do something, as it takes some time, then reports "Successfully imported <###> keys from PTS.dat" then proceeds to backup the wallet and begin scanning at block 1. 

In the past I recall seeing each transaction write to the screen during the import process, not here. The scan from block 1 seemed far too short. Forcing a wallet_rescan_blockchain did not turn up any transactions nor balances.

Is this command also a known bug?

No this command should work. Transactions will not show up during importing or scanning.

DVS was a 1:1 snapshot of BTS. If you already moved your genesis PTS stake in BTS before the DVS snapshot, then I wouldn't expect this import to give you any funds other than vesting balances.

Offline Rossco99

• View Profile
I downgraded to 0.5.0, imported my keys via the .JSON command and then upgrade to 0.6.2 successfully.

Thanks for the help.

Offline Fox

I've just setup a clean DVS client 0.6.2 and followed my notes from way back (BTSX imports of a PTS wallet) using:
Code: [Select]
wallet_import_bitcoin PTS.datSupplying the correct password seems to do something, as it takes some time, then reports "Successfully imported <###> keys from PTS.dat" then proceeds to backup the wallet and begin scanning at block 1. 

In the past I recall seeing each transaction write to the screen during the import process, not here. The scan from block 1 seemed far too short. Forcing a wallet_rescan_blockchain did not turn up any transactions nor balances.

Is this command also a known bug?
Witness: fox

Offline vikram

I also still don't managed to import my keys on v0.6.2 :(  Vikram is still  working on it as I know ...

@vikram  ,  any update ?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Confirmed that wallet_import_keys_from_json is currently broken; it will be fixed in 0.6.3.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I also still don't managed to import my keys on v0.6.2 :(  Vikram is still  working on it as I know ...

@vikram  ,  any update ?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile

Would this help, run it from the command line interface (cli).

1) check the keys of your current DVS account.
>>> wallet_account_list_public_keys <account_name>

2) use the 'wallet_import_keys_from_json' command. Make sure you've got correct passphrase.
     Previously, it would fail silently if the password is incorrect.
>>> wallet_import_keys_from_json <json_filename> <imported_wallet_passphrase> <account>

3) check the keys of your current DVS account again to see if any keys were added.
>>> wallet_account_list_public_keys <account_name>

You can see the help information for the command with:
>>> help wallet_account_list_public_keys

I couldn't import my keys in 0.6.1 version. The 0.6.2 was supposed to add 'robustness' to the 'wallet_import_keys_from_json' command.
I couldn't wait for 0.6.2, so i downgraded to 0.5.0 just to import the keys, went back to 0.6.1 and replayed the blockchain.

Offline Rossco99

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

I cant for the life of me get my BTS keys imported to my DVS Wallet.

I have tried the console and the GUI tool, both methods indicate success.

I also keep getting a JSON Parse error on the alert icon:

8 JSON Parse error: Unterminated string [show details]

Show details doesn't show anything, I am using the Windows client.