Author Topic: Bitshares Killer App Delegate: Sollywood.Sollars-com [Rank: #83]  (Read 28245 times)

Offline onceuponatime

I skimmed through your delegate proposal and I got a distinct feeling of deja vu  ;)

I'm pretty sure you gave a very similar presentation as a proposal for creating a DAC, no?
Where have you been in the meantime?

Anyway, 100% delegates are meant to be voted in based on how they can and do add value to the bitshares ecosystem.

Perhaps you could give us a tl:dr synopsis of that?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:29:19 am by onceuponatime »

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

UPDATE:

Alright everyone. In request of the Bitshares community I have created this video for Bitshares community member DataSecurityNode (aka Jon) and his project Bunkershares. You can check it out here:

Bunkershares
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuW0jl1NIUA

This was to show what I can accomplish on my own with basically no budget. It was great working with Jon and I'm glad we could help each other out where it was needed. We both have powered by Bitshares projects.If you enjoyed this video and would like to see more content created from me for Bitshares please vote for my delegate at:

Delegate: Sollywood.Sollars-com

Next up I will be doing exactly what is described below in March's Null Street post and that is making Sollywood TV with Sollars and Sense the killer app Bitshares needs. If you need a review you can check it out here:

Null Street Journal Intro: Page 27

And this is the Continuation From Null Street Journal:

Like Nike - Just Do it

I want you to take a few seconds and follow this link. Don't put it off just do it now.

Earhoox - http://launch.earhoox.com/

Sollywood TV w Sollars will start as this type of marketing campaign. The people who ran that campaign got about 300,000 subscribers to their product in about ten days. This is just from their website, product video, and call to action. I am going to run the same type of campaign for Sollywood TV... but with a twist (because I make content).

Now imagine after riling everyone up about changing Cable and their power to do it in a way that makes $ense, I include an interesting call to action. Not only do we call on individuals to invite friends, but we also reward individuals for subscribing to my YouTube channel called "New Money". A channel where we will make even more educational and entertaining content about killing Cable and how New Monies can do it. There is your mainstream consumer audience and a nice Trojan horse for Bitshares.

I have expressed the target demographic I am aiming to bring to Bitshares and I am serious about it. With this direction we should have mainstream consumers subscribing to the channel. Killing cable is what most mainstream Americans (really everyone) wants to do. We will attract a younger audience because the Millennials are the ones who tend to subscribe to YouTube. We will keep them with more relevant and entertaining content to the channel and strategic share dropping.

And for prizes? Everyone wants free things or prizes for doing something they believe will be valuable (like killing cable). They will get free $ense and bitUSD. I don't think anyone has ever done a campaign where they have people subscribe to a YouTube channel in exchange for prizes. But we will because we make content and we need a relevant demographic.

The minimum viable product for Sollywood TV/Sollars and Sense is this Newsletter/Video and Rewards (share-drop) campaign. Like the Earhoox video, the Sollywood TV campaign video will be 3 minutes or less. Like Ethereum we will sell the magic and possibility of Sollywood TV. But the magic will be grounded with doable and relevant calls to action. Visualization of Sollywood TV/Sollars and Sense will mostly be for its starting point application not its end goal application.

Sollywood TV/Sollars MVP - The minimum viable product is:

1. Marketing campaign - [Elements]
  • SollywoodTV/Sollars Website
  • Newsletter
  • Campaign Video
  • Rewards (share-drop)]
2. Sollywood TV campaign video
  • [RED Camera/C300]
  • High quality simple explanation of platform (entertaining)
  • Real world visualization of beginning content experience
  • Call to Action to get to full experience/free $ense for participation
3. Sollywood.tv website
  • Where campaign will begin
4. Sollars.com website 
  • Where campaign will end
  • (all further rewards and calls to actions to earn more share drops of Sollars and Sense / bitUSD

Call to Action (for campaign):

1. Invite 5 Friends (traditional) - Get them to subscribe to the Newsletter
2. Subscribe to YouTube Channel - Channels = “New Money” + “BitShares n Beyond” for the Crypto-Heads
3. Survey - Let us know what you want to see - This is the key to gathering the first content and content partners for the platform to launch with.

Remember the value proposition for this platform is not having all the content in the world. It having entertaining content at the right price. That is it. Therefore we could really launch with only one piece of content as long as its at the right price where people want to actually purchase it. And then slowly build from there.

All prizes for this campaign are free Sollars and bitUSD for doing our call to actions. This is essentially share-dropping (on mainstream Millenials). My goal is to continue putting out entertaining and viral content on the YouTube channels and through the Newsletter until a beta product. The Newsletter will be used to encourage people to subscribe to our YouTube Channel if they haven't and will also be used to continue updating people on our progress. Sollywood TV w Sollars and Sense will live as this Newsletter marketing campaign and website until we get a working beta. I've already begun to prep for this production and we start shooting in May.

But What about BitShares Videos?

Yes I will still be shooting Bitshares videos. I'll be shooting reviews on BitShares functionality and relating a lot of my BitShares videos to the UIA function as it is relevant to Sollars and Sense. Max and Ed are already doing a wonderful job with the 101 videos (+5 (where’s the +500 button)) so I’ll be gearing my videos on other topics for the time being. I'll also be linking up with other BitShares marketers to help with their projects.

One such project which I’m currently working on is the Bitscape/Roadscape road trip. I’ll be helping the Scape brother’s on their project. If you can please support them (our Coen Brothers) that would be awesome. These guys get it and are putting common $ense into action. Showcasing our most valuable bit asset (the bitYOU) is what’s going to get Bitshares where it needs to go. The community members need to shine and its time that we do that.

What you can do

Support my delegate: sollywood.sollars-com

Conclusion

So this is how it all starts... With a video (said Ethereum). Do not underestimate the power of Hollywood and selling magic. Especially when the magic makes $ense. This project will be another “powered by BitShares” message to the world and we need more and more to make its Linux-like brand work. Support me in this and you won’t regret it. Special thanks to DataSecurityNode for bringing this option up for my consideration. You deserve a rock star delegate for that.

Conclusion… (No Seriously This Time)

No matter what anyone says Bitshares doesn’t need any more features to gain a larger market cap. It doesn’t need to do what Bitcoin did, it doesn’t need to worry about Ethereum and what it is doing and it doesn’t need to silence anyone including its Founder to succeed. It simply needs to believe in itself and its community of entrepreneurs to be a relevant voice too. It needs more rock stars using its current features to reach a mainstream audience. For me that’s my venture and voice. For others it may be their skills or just their voice. But in all cases it is WE.

Would anyone ever want to silence Satoshi Nakamoto? The question doesn’t even make $ense. Bitcoin has more rock stars than Satoshi like Andreas, Ver, Veerhoos, Andreesen + Horowitz, Cody Wilson, Taaki, the fools at the Foundation, and much more. So even if Satoshi said something “out of line” Bitcoin has too many influential voices for it to really matter. Everything is not tied in Satoshi and that is a great thing for everyone. Think about that… And vote for me if it makes $ense. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:03:31 pm by SolomonSollarsNSense »
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense