Author Topic: [ANN] Cryptohedge Financial Services soft launch  (Read 15185 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Wishing you guys the best of success with this!

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
I've bought in a little - will be great to see BitGold and other BitAssets climb up coinmarketcap

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
cool thing .. gonna read into it .. +5%

Offline svk

Awesome, I'm gonna have to read over all that stuff tomorrow!

BTW I have a feeling this is what caused the bitsharesblocks back end to crash: unhandled error when looking up price history for a new asset that doesn't have one yet :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline joele

• View Profile
How come the CFSGOLD/bitGOLD market in windows wallet has no graph and no purchase history?

edit: using win 7 client_version": "v0.5.3

iHashFury

I'm in ( just a little gold  :P+5%

Glad to be a small part in something huge!

Offline Rune

• View Profile
This is really compelling. 

Could you clarify this point for me.  Its not clear to me if what is being sold right now is part of your initial CFS Blockchain Offering.  If we purchase CFSGold now, will we be part of this 40% sharedrop?

"CFS sharedrop
When Cryptohedge begins public trading on the BitShares Decentralized Exchange, the share
allocation will be 40% to employees, 40% offered to the public in the CFS Initial Blockchain
Offering. The remaining 20% of CFS shares will be given for free to CFSasset investors, with
half of these (10% of total CFS) going to CFSGOLD investors."

Sorry, it wasn't properly clarified.

20% of the total CFS shares will go to CFSasset funders, to compensate for the early risk they take. CFSGOLD will be given 10% of the total amount of CFS shares, this will happen at the time of the IBO. The other 10% will probably go to BitUSD or BitSilver, but could also be spread out over other assets that needs to be kickstarted (like BitOIL maybe?). 40% of the shares will be paid out as salary to employees. These will initially probably not be liquid, and staff will hold on to their shares at first. Later there will be the "IBO" where we offer out 40% of total shares on the market and sharedrop 20% on CFSassets, and after which share buyback through CFS income begins. This should make the market liquid and enable us to use the CFS shares as liquid salary that can instantly be converted to bitassets. Then we can use those resources to pay for development that will get some interesting projects going that Cryptohedge can leverage its CFSasset reserves for, that will also improve the bitshares ecosystem (such as high volume light wallet trading bridge and bitcoin facing products to increase adoption).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:23:11 am by Rune »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
It's about time that bitshares starts getting the attention it deserves, and we are going to force bitassets into the spotlight by making them the most highly traded cryptocurrency token second to bitcoin, through large amounts of capital, the tightest possible spread, and sheer force of will as we approach every single exchange in existence and makes sure they know why they NEED to implement bitasset trading pairs in order to stay competetive in the business.

+5%  +5%

Sounds incredible, great initiative, exactly one of the things BitShares needs.

If this was moderately successful I believe it would have a huge impact on how people view and value BitShares too.
I wish you the best of luck!!

Starting with BitGold too, is also brilliant.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

I was on 5.1,  upgraded to 5.3 and now its visible in GUI.  :)

Offline joele

• View Profile
+5% awesome!
More awesome if shapeshift.io will offer bitGold exchange as well

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
This is fantastic! +5%

By the way, I like the trading gateway idea. This is something that I hope will eventually be implemented in BitShares directly: limit orders + atomic chained fill-or-kill market orders  (basically what Ripple already does with their path finding algorithm) with price limits on the end-point asset conversion. But until that day, CFS could do it at the cost of exposing the user to counterparty risk over the <20 second duration of the trade ;). I would also like to see you guys go further and actually implement the path finding algorithm on your end to provide the most optimal conversion path, allow the user to specify conversion limits so that you do not go through with the order if the best available liquidity is not good enough (as determined by the user), and even allow the user to specify a fixed amount of the end-point asset that they want delivered to another BTS account (with the remainder returned backed to the user). With these features implemented, light wallets could easily integrate an API that you guys provide to pay a fixed BitUSD payment to a merchant which is paid for by the user's BitGold balance, all within 20 seconds.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 07:45:50 am by arhag »

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Yet another EPIC development!

Great work fellas! 

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

It's strange some of you are not seeing the symbol. I am seeing it just fine and the address included in the post showed up for me.

I even bought in!

Hope you guys are a big success!

Jonathan
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline onceuponatime

I'm finding it fine in GUI with a search for CFSGOLD:BitGold.

EDIT: I'm on 0.5.3, Linux QT wallet.

I'm on 0.5.3 Windows  and that (CFSGOLD:BitGold) and all its variations for capitalization give me nothing.