Author Topic: Most of 100% delegates don't provide Asset feeds - why?  (Read 6265 times)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
so far - no feedback from the mentioned delegates!!
I will start removing my votes today from any delegate that does not publish price feeds. Feel terrible to do it as we need our great core developers, but if anybody has any better idea please enlighten me  :).

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
so far - no feedback from the mentioned delegates!!

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I think this should be very simple. Rules should apply equally to any delegate, if you don't provide feeds you will be voted out. If you happen to be one of our core developers and are not providing feeds due to some legal reasons than get someone else to run delegate for you and pay them 3-5% as it is already being done by bytemaster and Stan. Unless there is some more serious reason for some of our developers not providing price feeds that we are not aware of we should start voting them out or we should get explanation from them why are they not doing very important part of the job they are being paid to do.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
i would think legal concerns

Yes, this could distract and burden the developers' mind.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I would like to point out that a number of these 100% delegates are not so technically inclined, but were voted up for their other contributions that would be funded by their delegate position.

Of all the information regarding delegate setup etc there really isn't much regarding feeds, and it is considered an optional element because of this I think.

I think rather than singling out the 100% delegates though, if you just make the feeds part of the standard for all delegates for their setup and provide clear documentation on that portion of the process, then it should fix itself.

Jonathan

I think there are a good number of people who can assist in setting up feeds. If majority of 3% delegates can set up and pay to publish feeds, there's really no reason for 100% delegates to not do so.

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/Feeds

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i would think legal concerns

if this is the case, we should come to a better solution. If more than 51 delegates have legal concerns we have no market at all. i would like to hear direct from some of this delegates what is the cause of not providing feeds?

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I would like to point out that a number of these 100% delegates are not so technically inclined, but were voted up for their other contributions that would be funded by their delegate position.

Of all the information regarding delegate setup etc there really isn't much regarding feeds, and it is considered an optional element because of this I think.

I think rather than singling out the 100% delegates though, if you just make the feeds part of the standard for all delegates for their setup and provide clear documentation on that portion of the process, then it should fix itself.

Jonathan

I think there are a good number of people who can assist in setting up feeds. If majority of 3% delegates can set up and pay to publish feeds, there's really no reason for 100% delegates to not do so.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Jonathan
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I think this is a very important observation of how the current system allows delegates to drop responsibilities safely because they're holding the skills they were hired to do hostage. Right now it's just price-feeds, but what else could happen in the future?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Feed price  is the basic responsibility of delegate,right?

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
Estimation is trying to save a little fee.