Author Topic: Become the bank / ATM?  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Selling those:
https://www.casascius.com/
turned out to be legally difficult.

Right but your simply printing your own asset, not selling anything.  I'm just figuring it may be an easy way for an older generation to get on board since they prefer physical items vs an app on their smartphones.  Also nice that the user does not even require any software, only the merchant would have to run a node to verify the bill.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Selling those:

yup so idk if this would be a good idea!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Selling those:

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Is it possible to physically print BitAssets in your own home?

While I am no coding expert there has to be a way users can physically print assets.  If we could simply print $100 BitUSD for example off our household printer we could become an ATM.  This would allow users the ability to not need to run a client on their mobile phones if we want to use BitShares system in person.  The asset would need to be tied up into some sort of hot wallet escrow ready for transfer.

Merchant use:
The merchant could scan a QR code to receive xxx.xx amount of asset while at the same time the QR code could have the users change address to return the change.  Only downside to this is that the bill could only provide a single use.  I would also suggest a manual way for a user to enter a key into the client in case the qr code becomes damaged etc...

Users themselves:
Gifts, marketing, the possibilities are endless.  Print out BitUSD vouchers for marketing events and pass them out.  Users could exchange person to person for private sales etc...  I could put them in a card for someones birthday.  When I explain Bitshares and Bitcoin to an older generation they will no way be able to adopt this as just now in 2015 are they acquiring their first smart phones.  This could lead to the adoption of an older generation.

I have seen this done in Bitcoin land with pub/priv keys needing to be scratched off thus perhaps we could take this to the next level?

It sounds like it would just b a lot more practical to have a QR code wallet for your mobile phone that would just carry your balance for shopping.

I understand the 'like paper' aspect to making it real... it seems like it would be more ideal as some kind of a promotional item or a coupon because it is one use... Actually.. a coupon makes more sense. Imagine coupons in the flyers that coupon clippers could use.

I don't agree with your original idea on printing bitUSDs... but I believe it could work in promotion like this. Wonder how people would react to it.

Jonathan
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Is it possible to physically print BitAssets in your own home?

While I am no coding expert there has to be a way users can physically print assets.  If we could simply print $100 BitUSD for example off our household printer we could become an ATM.  This would allow users the ability to not need to run a client on their mobile phones if we want to use BitShares system in person.  The asset would need to be tied up into some sort of hot wallet escrow ready for transfer.

Merchant use:
The merchant could scan a QR code to receive xxx.xx amount of asset while at the same time the QR code could have the users change address to return the change.  Only downside to this is that the bill could only provide a single use.  I would also suggest a manual way for a user to enter a key into the client in case the qr code becomes damaged etc...

Users themselves:
Gifts, marketing, the possibilities are endless.  Print out BitUSD vouchers for marketing events and pass them out.  Users could exchange person to person for private sales etc...  I could put them in a card for someones birthday.  When I explain Bitshares and Bitcoin to an older generation they will no way be able to adopt this as just now in 2015 are they acquiring their first smart phones.  This could lead to the adoption of an older generation.

I have seen this done in Bitcoin land with pub/priv keys needing to be scratched off thus perhaps we could take this to the next level?